Author Topic: Who epitomizes everything that is wrong with bodybuilding nowadays?  (Read 3587 times)

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
Re: Who epitomizes everything that is wrong with bodybuilding nowadays?
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 07:46:19 PM »
1). Kai Green.

2). Sean Allen.

3). Frank Roberson.

4). Victor Martinez. (Fed Informant) - You think Victor Munoz got popped by coincidence?

Now. What do all 4 of these men really have in common based on first glance at them?

- Block!

Block u are right about #4

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 07:51:01 PM »

Your darn tootin', I'm right. That's part of his plea-bargain to keep him out of the joint. He has a quota to turn in anybody and everybody who uses and flips gear.

That or his Dominican ass goes back to Rikers or Club Fed.

- Block!
?

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 07:53:09 PM »
Your darn tootin', I'm right. That's part of his plea-bargain to keep him out of the joint. He has a quota to turn in anybody and everybody who uses and flips gear.

That or his Dominican ass goes back to Rikers or Club Fed.

- Block!

Extremely good point

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 07:55:15 PM »
Sure, it is easy to target individuals (Pro Athletes) and blame them for the sorry and pathetic status this so-called sport now enjoys.  

However, the truth behind this pathetic and regrettable decline rests on the shoulders of the 'powers that be'.  Yes, they are responsible for 'the culture' that this now a 'homosexual circus' of epic proportions!

To blame individual athletes would be too simplistic.  Sure, the Pros of today are an abomination.  Their overt drug abuse, felonious associations, poor leadership ability and lack of morality is evidence of this.

However, it is 'the culture' that is spurned and encouraged by the 'powers that be' which is truly to blame!

Genius

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2009, 08:21:05 PM »
Ronnie is gone - there is nothing to hunt anymore.
Nowdays pro's allow themselves to go off gear because they don't have to keep up with the high standards Ronnie sat.

Positive side: Their health may be, I don't say "is", better.
Negative side: You/we can say what you/we want about Ronnie being a retard etc. but he kept the "sport alive". = MORE DRUG USE TO KEEP PACE.

The freaks are gone, either they have adapted to the new standards of MD and MucleTech OR the genepool of freaks won't come anymore. Maybe even doesn't exist. Evolution.

And ofcourse the drug abuse (AAS/recs/GH/slin) issue..just take a look at a few of them and you can see what flowes in their system, popping eyes, hardly can speak and so on... I can write a book.

Though, we all knew Ronnie will get his Sandows people still watched and now when MD and MuscleTech are sponsors it has become a joke. It WAS better when the Weiders ruled.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2009, 08:35:28 PM »
 What is wrong with BB today are the Franchise(IFBB) and not enacting it's rules in the handbook.
The Epitome of what the IFBB stands for is a joke.  Drug tests alone is something that a newcomer like myself are stunned by.
If one's "doctor" can prescribe certain prescriptions because a person uses the right lingo is sad but pathetic.

I know of a person who is now serving time for circumventing the rules and regulations of getting people "prescriptions".

I don't have a problem with any of this, but people, call a spade a spade.
When you do seminars and workshops in local gyms country wide or on the WorldWideweb.  Come clean about your "supplement prep".
I know some of you are reading this.  Grow some balls(Irinia tells me they get back to normal size off season) and do the right thing.
Sandra

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2009, 08:37:27 PM »
Sure, it is easy to target individuals (Pro Athletes) and blame them for the sorry and pathetic status this so-called sport now enjoys.  

However, the truth behind this pathetic and regrettable decline rests on the shoulders of the 'powers that be'.  Yes, they are responsible for 'the culture' that this now a 'homosexual circus' of epic proportions!

To blame individual athletes would be too simplistic.  Sure, the Pros of today are an abomination.  Their overt drug abuse, felonious associations, poor leadership ability and lack of morality is evidence of this.

However, it is 'the culture' that is spurned and encouraged by the 'powers that be' which is truly to blame!

Just to provoke debate though...who began this culture?

Jizzacked

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2009, 08:41:44 PM »
I have to say the first person who leaps to mind is Kai.  While I respect the lengths that he has taken his physique, his methods of earning a living are sickening and I don't appreciate his homoerotic stage antics either.  The way he is so "in your face" with all of it makes him #1 in my book.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2009, 08:45:05 PM »
What is wrong with BB today are the Franchise(IFBB) and not enacting it's rules in the handbook.
The Epitome of what the IFBB stands for is a joke.  Drug tests alone is something that a newcomer like myself are stunned by.
If one's "doctor" can prescribe certain prescriptions because a person uses the right lingo is sad but pathetic.

I know of a person who is now serving time for circumventing the rules and regulations of getting people "prescriptions".

I don't have a problem with any of this, but people, call a spade a spade.
When you do seminars and workshops in local gyms country wide or on the WorldWideweb.  Come clean about your "supplement prep".
I know some of you are reading this.  Grow some balls(Irinia tells me they get back to normal size off season) and do the right thing.
Sandra

People who lie about this sicken me, but at the same time, when I read posts from you guys in America I understand why people may lie about their use

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2009, 08:47:14 PM »
I have to say the first person who leaps to mind is Kai.  While I respect the lengths that he has taken his physique, his methods of earning a living are sickening and I don't appreciate his homoerotic stage antics either.  The way he is so "in your face" with all of it makes him #1 in my book.

Yep.

In the UK soccer players get penalised for their unacceptable behaviour in places outside of the training ground and on the pitch. Why couldn't the IFBB adopt the same policy?

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 10:50:03 PM »
Just to provoke debate though...who began this culture?

Yeah and at one point in time George Lucas made the first three Star Wars and Al Davis won three Super Bowls, everyone goes senial and ruins their legacy at some time....
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 10:57:12 PM »
Welcome back to Getbig.com 'MikeThaMachine'

WTF has been happening here, It's like the site froze itself and waited for me to come back. I mean Vince G still hasn't accomplished anything, Keith is still the "biggest" guy here and the "Squad" aka posters who have no life outside of Getbig still fill this place with tons of garbage posts.
I

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 11:00:20 PM »
DA.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2009, 12:34:56 AM »
Yep.

In the UK soccer players get penalised for their unacceptable behaviour in places outside of the training ground and on the pitch. Why couldn't the IFBB adopt the same policy?

I never knew that, they started doing it to footy players here in AUS, mainly started due to a gang rape accusation a few years back involving 6 players. Before that they got away with almost anything, especially if they were a name player, well still almost do.

But these guys are paid a salary, pro bodybuilding is all upon performance and some endorsements.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2009, 12:38:22 AM »
I never knew that, they started doing it to footy players here in AUS, mainly started due to a gang rape accusation a few years back involving 6 players. Before that they got away with almost anything, especially if they were a name player, well still almost do.

But these guys are paid a salary, pro bodybuilding is all upon performance and some endorsements.

All the problems with the footy boys could be solved with an alcohol ban.......but these guys wouldn't have a bar of that (pardon the pun)

That's the reason why i don't consider footy (mainly League players) to be elite athletes. If you were an elite athlete, you wouldn't even touch alcohol.....let alone getting smashed after every game.....week in, week out.  ::)
No doubt about it...

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2009, 12:40:01 AM »
Almost every sport here in the U.S. has outrageous standards, because of our media and fags/housewives who crave for gossip you can't be anyone in the sports industry without having your entire life ripped apart and analyzed. I feel bad for anyone who actually is someone in sports, I don't think I could live with a mircoscope on my life, I couldn't be myself...
I

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2009, 12:45:13 AM »
All the problems with the footy boys could be solved with an alcohol ban.......but these guys wouldn't have a bar of that (pardon the pun)

That's the reason why i don't consider footy (mainly League players) to be elite athletes. If you were an elite athlete, you wouldn't even touch alcohol.....let alone getting smashed after every game.....week in, week out.  ::)

I didn't get the chance to post in that AFL/Ben Cousins thread this story i thought you might like. A few years ago (2004) i was in the Peppermint longue in Kings Cross and Craig Gower came up to me completely off his face. This was the year after The Panthers won. He puts his arm around me and goes 'How big is this guy!' and starts licking my head (was shaved at the time). Not gay, just off his face friendly, i had a few mates around.

His friend was handing him shots and he was trying to pour them into my mouth until his friend stopped him. I thought it was pretty funny. A few years later he did the same thing to some guy in the same place who started a fight with him and it was all over the news the next day. Then he grabbed Wayne Pierce's 17 year old daughters snatch at his bucks night or something and ended up going to France.

11venthhour

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2009, 12:46:54 AM »

agreed!

if the judging was fair and unbiased we wouldn't see all the freaks with giant guts and sub par physiques.

then if the shows were even worth doing, money wise, you might see the better competetors coming out for smaller shows. the low money leads to guys just trying to live their dream and getting caught up in it. and who doesn't want to live their dreams, its just these guys are in an industry where it is acceptable so then it becomes the norm.

everyone is saying kia greene but that was the past now the guy is making money through the "sport" and he doesn't seem to be into it anymore. its the ones that just keep going that i have a problem with. and as far as the questionable posing that is again the judges fault if they would get marked down for it then they wouldn't do it, but they don't so now it becomes what they have to do to win.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2009, 12:52:41 AM »
I didn't get the chance to post in that AFL/Ben Cousins thread this story i thought you might like. A few years ago (2004) i was in the Peppermint longue in Kings Cross and Craig Gower came up to me completely off his face. This was the year after The Panthers won. He puts his arm around me and goes 'How big is this guy!' and starts licking my head (was shaved at the time). Not gay, just off his face friendly, i had a few mates around.

His friend was handing him shots and he was trying to pour them into my mouth until his friend stopped him. I thought it was pretty funny. A few years later he did the same thing to some guy in the same place who started a fight with him and it was all over the news the next day. Then he grabbed Wayne Pierce's 17 year old daughters snatch at his bucks night or something and ended up going to France.

Dude speak fucking english! I have no clue what your ass just said... Wait you did say "snatch" right , i get that ;D
I

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2009, 12:54:56 AM »

I remember the incident with Wayne's daughter.

And this type of behaviour is common in the league circle. I have nothing against a guy having a few drinks.....but it is obvious Craig Gower had/has a problem with alcohol. Fuck.......nearly all the league guys have a problem with alcohol.

Half of the problem is the "old boys" who talk about/boast about their drinking accomplishments and drinking before a game and shit like that. Like they say, there is a drinking culture with League. The problem is it runs through all levels of the game.

I remember playing a game when i was 15, and during the game one of the mums was so drunk she went up to an opponents mum and slapped her in the face. And after the game the first thing the coach did when we got to the sheds was hand us a beer.....at 15. Even at that age i felt that was kinda weird and innapproproate.

League is going down the shitter. All you have to do is look at the junior league registration numbers.......they are falling by the thousands. They are all going to union and soccer. If i had a young kid, i would be hesitant to have him play League now.....and i played my whole life.  :-\
No doubt about it...

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2009, 12:59:07 AM »
I remember the incident with Wayne's daughter.

And this type of behaviour is common in the league circle. I have nothing against a guy having a few drinks.....but it is obvious Craig Gower had/has a problem with alcohol. Fuck.......nearly all the league guys have a problem with alcohol.

Half of the problem is the "old boys" who talk about/boast about their drinking accomplishments and drinking before a game and shit like that. Like they say, there is a drinking culture with League. The problem is it runs through all levels of the game.

I remember playing a game when i was 15, and during the game one of the mums was so drunk she went up to an opponents mum and slapped her in the face. And after the game the first thing the coach did when we got to the sheds was hand us a beer.....at 15. Even at that age i felt that was kinda weird and innapproproate.

League is going down the shitter. All you have to do is look at the junior league registration numbers.......they are falling by the thousands. They are all going to union and soccer. If i had a young kid, i would be hesitant to have him play League now.....and i played my whole life.  :-\

My god your country is laid back, where I am from something like that would land you in jail and prohibit you from ever having a decent job. I need to move to where you live!!! but seriously though who says "mum" outside of England and Austrailia, you guys are weird...
I

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2009, 01:01:00 AM »

My god your country is laid back, where I am from something like that would land you in jail and prohibit you from ever having a decent job. I need to move to where you live!!! but seriously though who says "mum" outside of England and Austrailia, you guys are weird...

A little too laid back at times.........but one of the best countries there is. No doubt about it.

mom is fucking stupid. Mum is more like it..... 8)
No doubt about it...

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2009, 01:03:13 AM »
A little too laid back at times.........but one of the best countries there is. No doubt about it.

Dude "Mum" is the sound your girl makes when you give her inadequate sex...
I

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2009, 01:05:10 AM »
Dude "Mum" is the sound your girl makes when you giver her inadequate sex...

Guess it just comes down to the accents.......Aussies say "mom" with a "u" sound, so i guess it made sense just to change it to "mum"
No doubt about it...

io856

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2009, 01:07:19 AM »

x2

Also the day should always go before the month

i.e. 28/3/2009

not 3/28/2009

...because you say "its the 28th of March"