Author Topic: Do you get star Struck?  (Read 5455 times)

Charfman84

• Getbig III
Re: Do you get star Struck?
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 04:57:23 PM »
I was no George W. Bush fan but I worked at the Army/Navy football game and he walked about 10ft from me and I thought it was the coolest thing I ever saw.

Big deal you saw the president, Im talking about Hi Pitch Erik for CHrist Sake!!!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 04:57:41 PM »
I think it was the entourage. all the secret service, air force 1 buzzing the stadium. The whole military thing.
$

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 05:35:41 PM »
celebs put their pants on the same way we do....
they play make believe well, that is their job....
they were put here to entertain us....nothing more

star struck? nah. its just a person.

impressed? sure.....some are impressive...but i could care less if i met them or not.

CastIron

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Superman lives!
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 05:42:47 PM »
blasphemy! i know you scream like a little girl when you see the Jonas Brothers in concert  ;D

lol ::) :)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 05:50:05 PM »
In Born Standing Up, Steve Martin relates a story of a fan swerving across three lanes while waving a beer can out the window and screaming, "Hey Steve!  I'm a wild and crazy guy!"  Bill Murray got out of town after Ghostbusters 2 was released on the grounds that he just couldn't face the constant bombardment of fans.  He went to study in Paris for a few years and got a masters in Philosophy I think.  Have a look at the "Is it him, I think it's him, Hey are you him?" bar scene in Lost in Translation.

I've been keeping quiet about this until now, but... I actually met William Shatner once.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 06:04:08 PM »
I've seen Al Gore, not star struck at all. 

Oh hell, You'd squeel like Tbombz in that movie if Brandon Roy walked by...

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 06:38:02 PM »
Oh hell, You'd squeel like Tbombz in that movie if Brandon Roy walked by...
;D  You're probably right!  LoL.  I actually met Rudy Fernandez last week.  Didn't scream though, but did get an autographed jersey. 

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 06:39:37 PM »
  I was born in Los Angeles in 1970...So, NO.  :D

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 09:23:21 PM »
;D  You're probably right!  LoL.  I actually met Rudy Fernandez last week.  Didn't scream though, but did get an autographed jersey. 

Did you get me that Pryzbilla autograph you were suppose to?

The Coach

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 09:31:39 PM »
We have bunch where I'm at. Not a big deal just neighbors.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2009, 09:36:44 PM »
Did you get me that Pryzbilla autograph you were suppose to?
No, I'm afraid Rudy was the only one there.  I could probably get Pryzbilla if I wanted to.  But I want to get B Roy's next. 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2009, 06:13:13 AM »
We have bunch where I'm at. Not a big deal just neighbors.
With good hospitality  ;D

R

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2009, 01:06:53 PM »
I honestly don't get the big deal about celebrities.  People go fucking apeshit when they come within a mile of them.  I just don't get it.  They are people that act for a living. Big fucking deal.  You act, that's it.  No contribution to society then fucking acting.  It really makes me laugh when people camp out of wait in line for hours for a signature.  Someone taking a sharpie and writing their name.  That's it.  nothing else.  What's wrong with this world.

What kills me the most is that they have 20 award shows that celebrate themselves.  The vanity is unreal.  They are disgusting humans.

Discuss

You sound like a bitter soul who has been ignored in life.  :D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2009, 11:29:38 PM »
ask that question to only me keith....

He's the only person that wasn't a Hollywood actor like Tom Cruise, etc to meet so many famous people

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not entirely accurate.  ;)

Nope, ...don't get the least big star struck. When you've seen, met, worked with & partied with as many celebs as I have, it's no big deal. Truth be told, it's more of a pain in the tush, ...cause you always have to be sooo protective of them, and the unwanted attention can be bothersome. It's cool when you're going to dinner or a crowded club though... no waiting in line, never a need for reservations.  :D

I will admit to having gotten butterflies in the presence of Sophia Loren tho, ...she's just sooo awesome.
I think she charmed the living daylights out of every single person on that set. I can't recall ever seeing a crew so well behaved & professional. Her mere presence seemed to up everyone's game.   :)
w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2009, 09:03:39 PM »
i don't understand being star struck

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2009, 12:50:05 PM »
I honestly don't get the big deal about celebrities.  People go fucking apeshit when they come within a mile of them.  I just don't get it.  They are people that act for a living. Big fucking deal.  You act, that's it.  No contribution to society then fucking acting.  It really makes me laugh when people camp out of wait in line for hours for a signature.  Someone taking a sharpie and writing their name.  That's it.  nothing else.  What's wrong with this world.

What kills me the most is that they have 20 award shows that celebrate themselves.  The vanity is unreal.  They are disgusting humans.

Discuss

dont blame the celebs...blame  our sad education system and the slow deadening of IQs

highly recommend this movie

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=idiocrity&emb=0#emb=0&q=idiocracy+trailer
carpe` vaginum!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2009, 01:55:37 PM »
i don't understand being star struck
well, for one thing..... it's not just every day that you get to see celebrities traipsing around.

Don't even try and tell me that if you saw Arnold, you would remain calm. BS!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2009, 01:59:01 PM »

Discuss
you obviously haven't seen many celebrities out and about then..... it is just something that you get temporarily taken over by....... for people to say that they wouldn't be a little star struck if they saw Tom Cruise...... is just non sense...... you are not being honest. IMHO

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2009, 02:18:26 PM »

I saw him....Maria too.   I was calm  :)
R

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2009, 02:23:27 PM »
I've seen Al Gore, not star struck at all. 

Well he invented the most important, life altering thing humans beings have ever experienced.  I put Al Gore up there with Einstein and quantum phyiscs. :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2009, 07:30:40 PM »
well, for one thing..... it's not just every day that you get to see celebrities traipsing around.

You do if you live in California, ...or if you work in the film industry.

I've met Arnold face-to-face, ...truth be told, ...it was a little skeery, ...almost creepy.
The years of steroid use have left their mark. It can be disguised on film, ....but up close there's no hiding it.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2009, 07:51:12 PM »
you obviously haven't seen many celebrities out and about then..... it is just something that you get temporarily taken over by....... for people to say that they wouldn't be a little star struck if they saw Tom Cruise...... is just non sense...... you are not being honest. IMHO

Saw him, met him, shot him dirty looks, ...even caught the man's cold.
Gotta admit one thing, ...he was a total PRO! {lol}

Even before interacting with celebs became an everyday thing for me,
I was never star stuck. not even with the first few celebs I met.
I can understand an increased curiosity, ...but unless you're a tween aged girl in love with the Jonas Bros,
I doubt most "normal" people are all that star struck, ...curious maybe, ...but not star struck.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2009, 07:55:41 PM »
Well he invented the most important, life altering thing humans beings have ever experienced.  I put Al Gore up there with Einstein and quantum phyiscs. :)

Gracious acceptance of a Republican orchestrated, political coup d'état, backed by the Supreme Court,
that started a colossal butt-fvck in Iraq that eventually lead to a global economic & environmental meltdown?
w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2009, 08:14:34 AM »

honestly wouldn't care.  I have seen celebs all over here.  Big deal, I treat them like normal people.  I could care less since they don't have a significant impact on my life.  Those people that cry and faint when they see Michael jackson or whatever are pathetic.  The "omg he changed my life with Thriller" can and should jump off a bridge into a dry river bed.  Those that held vigils at Princess Diana's accident scene or wherever are tards. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2009, 11:55:36 AM »
Those that held vigils at Princess Diana's accident scene or wherever are tards. 

I don't know about that one. Alot of people who held vigils or who cried and left flowers in front of the palace weren't just star struck, ...I think alot of them felt guilty, and or frustrated and shared an affinity with her. It's a woman thing.

Not saying there weren't alot of star struck Princess Di fans, but her death evoked strong feelings for a lot of reasons.
w