Author Topic: Angry Gym Goers who react violently to you offering a spot...  (Read 3508 times)

Er[e]bus

• Getbig II
  • Team Günter Schlierkamp
Re: Angry Gym Goers who react violently to you offering a spot...
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 08:07:44 AM »
You must feel lonely "offering" "spots" to random gym goers.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 08:09:10 AM »
you wounded me, but i lived to spot another day

Fixed >:(

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 09:33:41 AM »
No offence but spotters are useless. Plus they always have itchy vingers. If the bar isn't going down no spot.

What happened to good old bombing a squat?

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 09:38:14 AM »
This has happened a few times to me, ever happen to you?
Thats because its always on squats and you drop youre pants ;D
p

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2009, 09:46:04 AM »
I never offer help in the gym unless someone is already in the middle of a set and will obviously get hurt otherwise. Apart from that, only when asked.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 09:48:44 AM »
I never offer spots. And I usually don't like to spot. Man-up and lift some damn weight bitch!
I am a big baby

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2009, 09:51:07 AM »
No offence but spotters are useless. Plus they always have itchy vingers. If the bar isn't going down no spot.

What happened to good old bombing a squat?

TRue.

I always tell the person spotting me VERY CLEARLY...."don't touch the fucking bar unless it starts going the other way"

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2009, 09:51:57 AM »
I've never had anyone get angry, but then I don't offer spots. I guess I would if asked though.

I once saw someone benching and the guy started to struggle. I just stared at him and did nothing. Finally, someone else saw him and came to his aid.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 09:54:09 AM »
Just the other day there was this guy in the gym about to do bench press not too far from me and I was just standing around and resting after a set.  He wasn't small and there was only 155 lbs on the bench and I would  imagine he could do it quite comfortably.  He was doing triceps a bit earlier which was kinda weird, I think he just saw 155 lbs set up on a bench and was feeling pumped and wanted to try it lol, so he rushes over to the bench and lifts it off, brings it down fast for a negative and then was stuck right at his ribe cage, he could not move it one inch.  I thought he was intentionally resting it there before pushing, and then he started looking around and gasped, "help!"  I rushed over and helped it up and back on the rack, and he looked EXTREMELY embarassed as there were about 3-4 others looking at him.  He yells, "oh man that's what I get for trying bench after working out for 2 and a half hours I'm in idiot! Normally I can do this so easily!"  He said that and rushed away, and the others sorta rolled their eyes and giggled a bit at him.

155 lb bench ownage

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 09:55:37 AM »
Just the other day there was this guy in the gym about to do bench press not too far from me and I was just standing around and resting after a set.  He wasn't small and there was only 155 lbs on the bench and I would  imagine he could do it quite comfortably.  He was doing triceps a bit earlier which was kinda weird, I think he just saw 155 lbs set up on a bench and was feeling pumped and wanted to try it lol, so he rushes over to the bench and lifts it off, brings it down fast for a negative and then was stuck right at his ribe cage, he could not move it one inch.  I thought he was intentionally resting it there before pushing, and then he started looking around and gasped, "help!"  I rushed over and helped it up and back on the rack, and he looked EXTREMELY embarassed as there were about 3-4 others looking at him.  He yells, "oh man that's what I get for trying bench after working out for 2 and a half hours I'm in idiot! Normally I can do this so easily!"  He said that and rushed away, and the others sorta rolled their eyes and giggled a bit at him.

155 lb bench ownage

ha

he should delete his membership

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 09:56:48 AM »
TRue.

I always tell the person spotting me VERY CLEARLY...."don't touch the fucking bar unless it starts going the other way"

Sometimes I get asked for a spot and you can usually tell they're the type who rack the weight up with something they can't even press once and then expect  you to help them from rep one.  These are they same guys who when you ask them for a spot they help from rep one even though you don't need it, because they think everyone benches like them.

I always pretend like I think they can do the first rep on their own  and let it sit on their chest for a few seconds before helping them, serves  them right :)

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 09:57:35 AM »

155 lb bench ownage
Sounds like there are some monsters at your gym!
I am a big baby

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2009, 09:59:12 AM »
That's a cardinal breach of gym going. He should of known better to not even attempt such foolishness.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2009, 01:25:11 PM »
Only help when getting asked...

...unless it's Debussey in the shower deadlifting soap

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2009, 01:41:28 PM »
I never offer a spot. I'm not there to socialize and waist time. Time is to precious.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2009, 05:17:52 PM »
I love it when some random guy I have never met, runs over to "spot" me on DUMBELLS. ::)  If I needed a spot, I'd ask for one.

I haven't gotten spots in 5 years or so.  Nothing worse than some tool asking me for a "spot", interupting my workout, all to watch him struggle with the 80s for a shitty 4 on military press.  Yeah, that's what I feel like doing in between tough sets, where I'm catching my breath, watch you fuck up your weak set.

Really, there's no need to speak to anyone in a gym, other than saying, "I'm on this machine."

The other one that's great, the guy who says, "Are you on this?"  When I'm SIX fucking machines down..hahah

Now I'm amped to go lift, thanks. ;)
N