Author Topic: GOLDS GYM EVERETT (Demayo,Matarazzo and a slew of great national level guys)  (Read 35114 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Paul DEmayo  Mike Matarazzo

kimura

• Getbig III
  I do but Stan Knows him/her wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better!  lol
 :-X

;D

So do half my friends.

:-X

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Paul DEmayo  Mike Matarazzo

Mikey, I remember reading in FLEX long ago that Mike M and Paul DeMayo were training together for a while but then had a fallout, after which they were trash talking each other. Do you know what happened? Did they ever bury the hatchet?

io856

You were pretty big back then Mike... I thought you were a lifetime natural for some reason

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Kiwiol.......as far as i know (and anyone who knows different feel free to jump in here!)
they both "did their own thing" (and hated the comparisons)
and yes....i have heard both of them criticize and critique each others physique (ex: hes all legs and nothing else/ hes all arms and calves and nothing else im more complete than him/ he has no legs..etc etc etc)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Kiwiol.......as far as i know (and anyone who knows different feel free to jump in here!)
they both "did their own thing" (and hated the comparisons)
and yes....i have heard both of them criticize and critique each others physique (ex: hes all legs and nothing else/ hes all arms and calves and nothing else im more complete than him/ he has no legs..etc etc etc)

I see. Thanks for the info. What was that thing that they were endorsing again? It was some kind of training system about overloading - had some crazy ads showing Paul inclining 8 plates and stuff like that, all while wearing the ridiculous striped spandex, lol!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
You were pretty big back then Mike... I thought you were a lifetime natural for some reason

thanks!......................(who said im not?!??!?!?)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
I see. Thanks for the info. What was that thing that they were endorsing again? It was some kind of training system about overloading - had some crazy ads showing Paul inclining 8 plates and stuff like that, all while wearing the ridiculous striped spandex, lol!

I don't remember that?  (i remember Paul being endorsed by Met-Rx and giving me garbage bags full of the stuff when i was "bouncing at The Palace") not that it was a big deal but i let him "cut the line" and he was very appreciative of that for some reason....guess that shows what a nice guy he truly was)
Mike was a "weider boy"

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
I don't remember that? 

I think I know why - I used to live in Australia back then and they were both endorsing some kind of local training system called the Matrix training or something like that. Hahaha it was a cute precursor to the modern day MuscleTech ads - showed Mike and Paul holding their training journals, acting like they were comparing notes with a very serious expression on their faces, lol!

Figo

• Getbig V

Power factor training

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Power factor training

That's the one! Thank you kindly.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Matarazzo was about as "unscientific" as they come
very old school (eat big, lift big, sleep big)
i can't see him doing any "Power Factor Training"  lol

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
demayo vs matazzaro
demayo wins... easy
mmm
because not only did damayo have some of the best legs
 he also has some of the bet arms
choice is an illusion

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Best Mike ever looked here IMO (1991 USA'S)

D_1000

• Getbig IV
Power factor training

I remember that one as well. It was basically strongest range training. A shit load of weight, a very small movement at the strongest point. Afterwards they had all these MRIs or whatever showing how much the muscle had been worked.

As a training system Power Factor Training came and went very fast.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Everyone getting ready for the 1991 USA's

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Demayo looked sick at only 22yrs old.

A young Jay also at 22.

much better than todays "young freaks" - Brewer, Lesukov, Vaillant etc

Guys back didn't have only quantity but also quality.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
I think I know why - I used to live in Australia back then and they were both endorsing some kind of local training system called the Matrix training or something like that. Hahaha it was a cute precursor to the modern day MuscleTech ads - showed Mike and Paul holding their training journals, acting like they were comparing notes with a very serious expression on their faces, lol!

I can't imagine that.  ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
mad mike 228 for 91 usa's skinned,demayo 94 nationals a beast  big all over and hard.2 totally different builds,cools pics mike ,lucio should have made it great shape and overall look.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
mad mike 228 for 91 usa's skinned,demayo 94 nationals a beast  big all over and hard.2 totally different builds,cools pics mike ,lucio should have made it great shape and overall look.

a few of those guys shoulda made it imo  ...............

lotta great bodybuilders training under one roof!

The Master

• Getbig V
  a few of those guys shoulda made it imo  ...............

lotta great bodybuilders training under one roof!

Did you get to blow all of them Mike? ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !

Did you get to blow all of them Mike? ;D
hah u bad

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

Joel Cutulle.....

Get Rowdy