Author Topic: The starvation diet  (Read 5580 times)

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
Re: The starvation diet
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 04:34:50 PM »
I got this app called "Lose It" for the iphone...it tracks your calories and physical activities and uses your RMR (estimated) to figure out if you are in a caloric deficit or not.  I really like and find it useful for pushing yourself to lose weight if you are honest with it. 

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 04:38:42 PM »
Didn't look at it from that perspective...

Remember, you can always do more cardio, but you cannot always lower your calorie intake with cutting more and more & more!
You should always do more cardio before you cut calories. Only when you peak at cardio should you cut your calories.
If you are doing too much cardio (didn't read to see your actual time per session) and your calories are already low as you say....then you are not following something correctly.

You can lie to us and say you're eating 1500cals/day, doing 2hrs of cardio a day and not losing any weight...

...but you can't lie to yourself and still be happy. If you are not losing weight, you are not doing something correctly!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 04:50:29 PM »
Remember, you can always do more cardio, but you cannot always lower your calorie intake with cutting more and more & more!
You should always do more cardio before you cut calories. Only when you peak at cardio should you cut your calories.
If you are doing too much cardio (didn't read to see your actual time per session) and your calories are already low as you say....then you are not following something correctly.

You can lie to us and say you're eating 1500cals/day, doing 2hrs of cardio a day and not losing any weight...

...but you can't lie to yourself and still be happy. If you are not losing weight, you are not doing something correctly!

Doing HIIT...and it has only been a week. We'll see how it goes.
I hate the State.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 04:53:41 PM »
I got this app called "Lose It" for the iphone...it tracks your calories and physical activities and uses your RMR (estimated) to figure out if you are in a caloric deficit or not.  I really like and find it useful for pushing yourself to lose weight if you are honest with it. 
yip yip "lose it" and "shape up" are nice. I prefer shape up tho.
Also check out "gym buddy" it's sweet.
A

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 04:56:08 PM »
yip yip "lose it" and "shape up" are nice. I prefer shape up tho.
Also check out "gym buddy" it's sweet.

Living in the states does have advantages.
I hate the State.

body88

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 04:57:57 PM »

Diet can be just as effective as cardio.  I don't have time to do an hour of cardio per day and 1.5 hours of wt.  Cardio is def not the end all be all.  If you can't lose weight eating less than 2000 cals per day and working your ass off lifting in the gym, you got the shit end of the stick in the metabolism dept.  A clean, sub, 2000 cal diet should allow one to lose weight when coupled with wt, and even moderate levels of cardio.  If not your genetics blow.  If your doing over 30 min of cardio per day, training with weights, eating low-cal and clean and you cant lose weight....just accept that you have shitty genetics.  I will never be 225 ripped natural....it is what it is.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 05:01:17 PM »
Living in the states does have advantages.
yip yip
but, if you just what an iphone, just get a first gen. and hack it. Or buy an ipod touch.
A

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2009, 05:02:34 PM »
Diet can be just as effective as cardio.  I don't have time to do an hour of cardio per day and 1.5 hours of wt.  Cardio is def not the end all be all.  If you can't lose weight eating less than 2000 cals per day and working your ass off lifting in the gym, you got the shit end of the stick in the metabolism dept.  A clean sub 2000 cal diet should allow one to lose weight when coupled with wt and even moderate levels of cardio.  If not your genetics blow.

I agree. Genetics.
I hate the State.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2009, 05:06:18 PM »
th eproblem with diet compared with cardio is that dieting (reducing calories) reduces your metabolism... the less you eat the less you burn...eventually you adapt and you have to drop calories even further....      but if you eat maintanence calories and do cardio to create your defecit..then younever have to dro your calories below maintanence... and after you reach desired bf% you dont have the big rebound in fat gain..

body88

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 05:33:41 PM »
th eproblem with diet compared with cardio is that dieting (reducing calories) reduces your metabolism... the less you eat the less you burn...eventually you adapt and you have to drop calories even further....      but if you eat maintanence calories and do cardio to create your defecit..then younever have to dro your calories below maintanence... and after you reach desired bf% you dont have the big rebound in fat gain..

Would you agree, that is you are of respectable size, and if you are eating less than 2200-2000 CLEAN cals per day. working with weights 60-90 min 4-5 days per week and doing 25-30 min of cardio per day.....and you still cannot lose weight, that your must accept that your genetics are horrid?

2000 cals of clean food over 5 or six meals aint starvin.  8 ounces of chicken has 200 cals in it!  112 grams of wheat pasta has 400 cals!  28 grams walnuts has 200 - etc.

Sample 2000 ish cal diet

1.) 2 scoops isopure - 28 grams walnuts - 1 banana (500 cals)

2.) 8 ounces chicken - 28 grams walnuts (400 cals)

3.) 8 ounces chicken - oatmeal - a tablespoon flax (450)

Train

4.) 2 scoops isopure - 50 grams pasta (400 cals)

5.) 8 ounces fish /chicken

Under 2000 cals...plenty of volume for the metabolism.  About 275 grams of protein there. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2009, 05:35:17 PM »
Would you agree, that is you are of respectable size, and if you are eating less than 2200-2000 CLEAN cals per day. working with weights 60-90 min 4-5 days per week and doing 25-30 min of cardio per day.....and you still cannot lose weight, that your must accept that your genetics are horrid?

no, because it would be impossible not to lose weight on that, regardless of genetics.  :D

ASJChaotic

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2009, 05:35:20 PM »
I agree. Genetics.

dude, you're 25%+ in bodyfat, you are not going to see ANY change after a week
if you are losing 1 pound a week, it will take you 30 weeks to get down to 10%
man up!
your lack of willpower sickens me and Goatboy  >:(

ASJChaotic

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 05:36:21 PM »
no, because it would be impossible not to lose weight on that, regardless of genetics.  :D

what do you mean?  ???

body88

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2009, 05:37:27 PM »

That my point....see the above sample diet.  You can eat 2000 - 2500 very cleans cal's per day and there is a ton of volume for your metabolism.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2009, 05:39:08 PM »
any ways..... if you lower your calories you will lose weight
there is no "stavation response"  ::) or "metabolic adaptation"  ::)
it's all about burning up more calories than you take in at the end of the day

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2009, 05:40:43 PM »
what do you mean?  ???
its impossible to not lose weight eating controlled/reduced calories and working out and being decently sized at the same time

That my point....see the above sample diet.  You can eat 2000 - 2500 very cleans cal's per day and there is a ton of volume for your metabolism.
volume as in food volume? well volume of fodd isnt really correlated with metabolism. circulating levels of the thyroid hormone t3 are what directs metabolic rate.  this is influenced mainly by glucose/carb intake....   the more carbs you eat the more t3 you have, the less carbs you eat the less t3 you have... althoguh of course there is a ceiling and a floor to the min/max levels of t3 youll get... but basically your adapt to the amount of calories yoru eating...

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2009, 05:41:26 PM »
So as many of you know I have been dieting for the past month and have dropped about 6-8 pounds. I am technically about half a month ahead of where I was last year, but I have grown bored with the slow progress. So I have decided to drastically cut my calories. I eat pretty much entirely protein and still lift weights and am doing my best to keep as much muscle as I can. My calories the last couple days has been around 1000 calories. So far so good. I am keeping some energy through caffeine pills and the weight is dropping off.

Anyone else try this type of shit?

increase calories, to repair , but dont stop training, get your body in a rhythm of living working out and a lean non dieting person, thus use the plethora of fuel. on diet u dry out your fat, water, carb and sodium stores. you are leaner but unrepaired thus progress will stop so actually resume to normal eatingst BUT step UP your training and find yourself flying higher then before...
A

ASJChaotic

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2009, 05:42:18 PM »
its impossible to not lose weight eating controlled/reduced calories and working out and being decently sized at the same time
volume as in food volume? well volume of fodd isnt really correlated with metabolism. circulating levels of the thyroid hormone t3 are what directs metabolic rate.  this is influenced mainly by glucose/carb intake....   the more carbs you eat the more t3 you have, the less carbs you eat the more LESS t3 you have... althoguh of course there is a ceiling and a floor to the min/max levels of t3 youll get... but basically your adapt to the amount of calories yoru eating...

fixed, and if you are a juicer you can just buy it :D  ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2009, 05:46:14 PM »
fixed, and if you are a juicer you can just buy it :D  ;D
yeah, you understand.. and yeah you can buy it.. its even legal... kinda... 

body88

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2009, 05:47:07 PM »
volume as in food volume? well volume of fodd isnt really correlated with metabolism. circulating levels of the thyroid hormone t3 are what directs metabolic rate.  this is influenced mainly by glucose/carb intake....   the more carbs you eat the more t3 you have, the less carbs you eat the less t3 you have... althoguh of course there is a ceiling and a floor to the min/max levels of t3 youll get... but basically your adapt to the amount of calories yoru eating...

Body88 = owned

ASJChaotic

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2009, 05:47:57 PM »

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2009, 05:49:41 PM »

I don't care if the calories are clean or dirty. I don't care if you eat strictly or not. If you are not burning what you put in your body (the old calories in versus calories out debate) you will NOT lose weight. Simple as that.
Now, I'm not going to argue what you LOOK like, but if the scale is not moving on such a ludicrous plan as some of the guys have mentioned here, it's not your genetics. You are A) lying B) not doing what you think you are or C) an idiot seeking attention via GetBig to up your post count.  

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2009, 05:50:17 PM »
Body88 = owned
i wasnt trying to 'own' you. and there is some truth to your diet having a good effect on metabolism. frequent feeding sof protein does increase metabolism a bit, because the digestion of protein does use up quite a bit of calories by itself. vegetables are also great for this... its called the "thermic effect of feeding" (calories used for digestion)..

ASJChaotic

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2009, 05:50:49 PM »
I don't care if the calories are clean or dirty. I don't care if you eat strictly or not. If you are not burning what you put in your body (the old calories in versus calories out debate) you will NOT lose weight. Simple as that.
Now, I'm not going to argue what you LOOK like, but if the scale is not moving on such a ludicrous plan as some of the guys have mentioned here, it's not your genetics. You are A) lying B) not doing what you think you are or C) an idiot seeking attention via GetBig to up your post count.  

agreed

it's not rocket science, eat less, move more

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2009, 06:10:42 PM »

the biggest problem is aiming for a weightloss by scale

the more 'inshape ' you become , generally the more heavier and leaner you become also, to keep up with working outs that got u in good shape in the first place. think of the compounding muscle stimulation meaning that u should aim to be HEAVIER not lighter over a PERIOD OF A LOONG TIME until you reach your goal. when u eat less u are not GARANTEED a GAINING training session the next time u train and possibly have a shitty 3 set workout because u dont have energys

A