Author Topic: What a terrible day... you wake up and discover you're Canadian!  (Read 8224 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: What a terrible day... you wake up and discover you're Canadian!
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2009, 06:51:05 PM »

Canada has absolutely nothing to offer anybody.

Except maybe a lesson in humility that comes in the form of a severe ass kicking!!!  Remember 1812?   :D

w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2009, 07:10:08 PM »
Yes- I remember a war that happened over 180 years ago. Has Canada ever won an armed dispute with anyone except that ticklefight with the French over who has longer armpit hair?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2009, 08:52:05 PM »
Yes- I remember a war that happened over 180 years ago. Has Canada ever won an armed dispute with anyone except that ticklefight with the French over who has longer armpit hair?

We kicked YOUR asses pretty thoroughly, ...so much so, ...you never dared try it again!

Then there were the boys from Pine street in Winnipeg,

And then too we kicked German ass on Vimy Ridge, ...when all other armies failed to take it.

And while we don't like it when our boys go off to fight, ...at least we know how to respect them when they return.

w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2009, 06:59:31 AM »
This thread is the perfect example of how ignorant many non Americans are, and how smart they pretend to be.

You do realize that Canada didn't become it's own independent country until more than half a century AFTER the war of 1812 and that the war of 1812 was fought between America and England right? Canada was a British and French territory. There was no such thing as a Canadian in 1812.

In fact it wasn't until the 1900's that the French and English terroitories merged into one entity.

Instead of getting your history from You tube- Why not try a book? They have those in Canada right?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2009, 07:29:37 AM »
At least we get something for our taxes. What do you get... besides the joy of knowing you made the duponts a little richer, ...and yourselves a little more hated throughout the world?

I'd rather make 200K/yr and give 1/2 to the government, than make 50K and only pay 10%,
...or worse... be unemployed like a huge amount of Americans. 

Keeping 50% of something > keeping 90% of nothing.
what's your fcuking problem?
Did some guy dressed up like Uncle Sam rape you anally?
You always complain about USA like it's hell on earth.
And Canada - I'm sure it's a great country. I know a few very nice Canadians - you not being one of them.
But what's with the need to constantly tell everyone how awesome Canada is?
The facts speak for itself - there is more natural resources in Canada than you could care to explore.
Potentially one of the richest nations in the world in the next 10-20 years. 
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2009, 07:55:50 AM »
Canada makes Seadoo.  Bombardier is a great company and makes very good products.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2009, 07:56:20 AM »
I've always heard that Canada is USA's mentally retarded, little brother.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2009, 08:04:14 AM »
This thread is the perfect example of how ignorant many non Americans are, and how smart they pretend to be.

You do realize that Canada didn't become it's own independent country until more than half a century AFTER the war of 1812 and that the war of 1812 was fought between America and England right? Canada was a British and French territory. There was no such thing as a Canadian in 1812.

In fact it wasn't until the 1900's that the French and English terroitories merged into one entity.

Instead of getting your history from You tube- Why not try a book? They have those in Canada right?
I understand your views on ignorance.
Canada gained independence in 1867. At that point we were called the dominion of Canada.
Canada was British only territory after 1763.
Z

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2009, 10:02:17 PM »

I'm very aware of Canadian history. I don't get my history from youtube, ...but I do use YouTube examples to make my point. It helps me keep the word count of my posts low. I know how much a guy like you needs that consideration.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised you're still posting in this thread. Was the thorough drubbing you got in my last post too subtle? Were the implications of the last vid so ironic they whizzed right past your head? Let me spell it out for you ...It's the eve of Veterans Day, ...and who does an American broadcast choose to honour? ...Canadians and their fallen vets!
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2009, 10:03:24 PM »
I've always heard that Canada is USA's mentally retarded, little brother.

You heard wrong.
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2009, 07:15:00 AM »
Yes- I took a huge drubbing. Especially in that incredibly accurate history lesson you gave me about the war of 1812. ::)

Why not answer Hedges questions posed above?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2009, 07:16:18 AM »
Montreal rocks...
I hate the State.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2009, 10:57:00 AM »
canada maks good bacon...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2009, 11:08:31 AM »
I hate the State.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2009, 11:13:42 AM »
canada maks good bacon...
Isn't it really just round shaped Ham?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2009, 11:16:15 AM »
Son of a BITCH!!!!!!!! All these years those damn canadians had me thinking i was eating special bacon...and it was just ham...those fuckers will pay...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2009, 05:12:01 PM »
Son of a BITCH!!!!!!!! All these years those damn canadians had me thinking i was eating special bacon...and it was just ham...those fuckers will pay...

Oh no nonono nonoooo ... it is special bacon, ...very, very, very special bacon.
It has less fat, and doesn't shrink when you fry it.  :)
w

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2009, 05:26:30 PM »
Most canadian bacon is made from the back muscle of old sows. It is literally the low-cost cut of the pork world.

I still love it though...  :P

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2009, 06:51:21 PM »
Gee, dju s'ppose that's why it's called "Canadian back bacon"?
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2009, 08:55:51 PM »
A co-worker of mine found out he can become a Canadian Citizen.  He's really happy about it.  he wants to go up to Calgary and open a business.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2009, 11:07:45 PM »
A co-worker of mine found out he can become a Canadian Citizen.  He's really happy about it.  he wants to go up to Calgary and open a business.

There's a lot of people who right now are singin' "Halleluyah Praise The Lord!".
This legislation mostly affects Americans who for years were trying to get to Canada only to discover they'd lost their citizenship because either they or their parents or grandparents had lived outside of Canada for too long.

I Am (now) Canadian:

Despite how patriotic and yes I will admit at times jingoistic I can be, one of the best tributes to Canada I've seen was by a Philipino who found himself unexpectedly exiled up here in Toronto for over a year. Maybe I'm a little partial because his vid took me through many an old stomping ground, ...and coupled with the musical score he used as a backdrop... he just sums it up perfectly. imo 

Ge head, Tawk amongst youselves... I'm verklempt.

A Year in Canada: It Feels Good, and It's Beautiful:
w

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2009, 01:04:29 AM »
There's a lot of people who right now are singin' "Halleluyah Praise The Lord!".
This legislation mostly affects Americans who for years were trying to get to Canada only to discover they'd lost their citizenship because either they or their parents or grandparents had lived outside of Canada for too long.

I Am (now) Canadian:

Despite how patriotic and yes I will admit at times jingoistic I can be, one of the best tributes to Canada I've seen was by a Philipino who found himself unexpectedly exiled up here in Toronto for over a year. Maybe I'm a little partial because his vid took me through many an old stomping ground, ...and coupled with the musical score he used as a backdrop... he just sums it up perfectly. imo 

Ge head, Tawk amongst youselves... I'm verklempt.

A Year in Canada: It Feels Good, and It's Beautiful:

Canada is pretty boring and similar to the US with the exception of Montreal. Montreal is awesome.
I hate the State.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2009, 02:04:12 AM »
Canada is pretty boring and similar to the US with the exception of Montreal. Montreal is awesome.

Montreal is awesome, but there are differences between the rest of Canada and the US.
They're subtle, but they're there. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
I love Canada, ...just wish it weren't sooooo cold.  :-\
w

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2009, 03:42:17 AM »
Montreal is awesome, but there are differences between the rest of Canada and the US.
They're subtle, but they're there. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
I love Canada, ...just wish it weren't sooooo cold.  :-\

Well I am 'Eurotrash' so that is why I like Montreal; the only city in N.America I would like to live in, because it is very European in many ways.

I have been to most places in Canada and have met tons of Canadians abroad. In their every day mannerisms and attitudes they aren't very different from Americans. That is a fact. What sublte differences are you talking about Judy?
I hate the State.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2009, 07:01:16 PM »
Well I am 'Eurotrash' so that is why I like Montreal; the only city in N.America I would like to live in, because it is very European in many ways.

Montreal architecture is very old world, and has a real European flavour to it.  :)

I have been to most places in Canada and have met tons of Canadians abroad. In their every day mannerisms and attitudes they aren't very different from Americans. That is a fact. What sublte differences are you talking about Judy?

It's hard to articulate. It's more of a mindset, and attitude. We're a very Liberal society and I love it that way.
I suppose you have to experience it on a daily basis rather than through casual encounter to put your finger on it. Kind of like the European or Chinese guy who visits the US and hears a guy from New York, and guy from Texas. To him, they sound exactly the same, ...but both the Ny'er & the Texan knows there's a big difference bewteen them.

...plus we have cuter kittens.  :P

w