Author Topic: Question to Bob C. and all pros here  (Read 2301 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Question to Bob C. and all pros here
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 12:35:57 PM »
I would make sure to be using the straps for everything you can use them on....It's common for people that don't use them to have the arms doing most of the work...as the weight progressively gets heavier from trying to get a bigger back...the problem becomes compounded.

I have a training DVD available from BB.com which explains in detail back training....perhaps someone has it down loaded

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2009, 02:00:35 PM »
what are kettlebell swings?

can I do them with normal DBs?

You could try it with dumbbells but it's not exactly the same but if it feels good go for it. Youtube some videos of the lift so you get the idea what it's like.

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2009, 02:03:41 PM »
I would make sure to be using the straps for everything you can use them on....It's common for people that don't use them to have the arms doing most of the work...as the weight progressively gets heavier from trying to get a bigger back...the problem becomes compounded.

I have a training DVD available from BB.com which explains in detail back training....perhaps someone has it down loaded

Chick is constantly trying to make a quick buck, even if it means not really being helpful at all.  Franco Columbu says NEVER use straps.  That's Mr Olympia talking, not mr nobody.
(

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2009, 02:15:39 PM »
Chick is constantly trying to make a quick buck, even if it means not really being helpful at all.  Franco Columbu says NEVER use straps.  That's Mr Olympia talking, not mr nobody.

are you saying Chik owns a lifting strap company?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 05:00:54 PM »
If your back is weak now, after so many years of training it will always be weak. Period. Wes and many others will give advice on how to bring it up but the fact of the matter is that no one save a relative beginner ever changed their proportions, how strong/weak their bodyparts were in relation to each other, not after years of training unless you have totally neglected some bodypart.

Even if you started juicing the proportions would stay the same pretty much and your back would be weak.

When people give advice to pros on how to bring up a weak bodypart I always shake my head. Wont happen. With oil or implants maybe.

Agreed 1000%.
I made my post on the assumption that after all these years he has been doing things WRONG.
If so, my advice is just to tweak things and make sure he has been doing them correctly....if he has been doing things "right" after all these years and he still has no back, he's fucked.

Like Bob C. once said on "War For The Worlds" when asked if pros can bring up body parts that are weak (example: Johnnie Jackson's legs...he squats 700+ yet they're are still "small.")...

"Some of these guys have been working out 10-15yrs. If a judge says 'If you can bring your back up you'll win the next contest.' But really if they've been working out 15yrs, what kind of progress do they expect to make? Not gonna happen."

Ok, so I was probably much more long winded than he was....but trying to get the point across.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 07:08:03 PM »

The DVD's are given away free with orders...

I don't need a "quick buck"...I get paid pretty good for what I do.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 07:10:35 PM »

Excellent advice, you're right on the money Bob.