Author Topic: CEO of Freddie Mac commits suicide.  (Read 2818 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: CEO of Freddie Mac commits suicide.
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 08:26:57 AM »
Yep its only a matter of time before CT'ers descend on this.

But it just happened, not enough info yet.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2009, 08:30:45 AM »
Yep its only a matter of time before CT'ers descend on this.

But it just happened, not enough info yet.

My personal belief is probably that he felt so guilty taking the 800k bonus knowing not only the fraud he committed, but damage that is coming down the pike as well.  I saw a graph this morning about the mortgages set to re-set in the next few years that was shocking. 

Sub-prime is going to be nothing compared to this.  Even prime loans are defaulting at higher rates.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2009, 08:32:52 AM »
My personal belief is probably that he felt so guilty taking the 800k bonus knowing not only the fraud he committed, but damage that is coming down the pike as well.  I saw a graph this morning about the mortgages set to re-set in the next few years that was shocking. 

Sub-prime is going to be nothing compared to this.  Even prime loans are defaulting at higher rates.

Or maybe he wife was leaving him or was getting fired or would losing all his money some how, or his job etc....

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2009, 08:35:23 AM »
Ya know these days medical science has come up with many wonderful medications for treating the type of paranoia that you seem to exhibit.  There's no need to just attempt to live with it--now you have other options.  Just sayin. :)

I forgot to add... Keep an eye on BERNARD MADOFF...hey may suddenly "DIE" and then Um..get buried...on a remote tropical island or foreign land where the rest of the crooks are.... remember keep your eye on the obituaries
C

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 08:57:04 AM »
Maybe he was going to reveal the extent of the leftist Community Reinvestment Act that forced Freddie Mac to make risky loans to uncreditworthy individuals.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 09:04:37 AM »
Unless of course it involves Bush.   ;D ;D ;D ;D
Why do you say that?  I have never accused Bush of anything that he did not actively do.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 09:36:00 AM »
Why do you say that?  I have never accused Bush of anything that he did not actively do.

Ha ha. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 09:49:15 AM »
I agree that there could be foul play here or it could be that there is bad shit about to hit that he didn't want to deal with but LOL at how righties become conspiracy theorists when a dem is in office and take the skeptic high ground when a republican is in.

hahahaha no kidding.  They spent the last 8 years defending every anomaly and suspension of physics laws... suddenly everyone who offs themself is the victim of some conspiracy.

Funny.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 09:55:35 AM »
I don't think he's the "victim of some conspiracy."  I think it's very likely he was involved in some shady shit that will eventually come to light, whether or not it's directly involved with Freddie Mac.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 12:07:02 PM »
If this truly was a suicide, I would certainly expect something like future jail time, etc..  along with lack (or discontinuation) of necessary anti-depressant medication to be responsible.

When you think about it, the dude was young.  It wasn't like the candle of his life was burning close to the end.  For people like him, divorce wouldn't even phase them the slightest.  Most con men are pretty emotionless in regards to other people and personal relationships with them.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that his suicide originated from problems completely unrelated to the Freddy scandal.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 12:19:21 PM »
If this truly was a suicide, I would certainly expect something like future jail time, etc..  along with lack (or discontinuation) of necessary anti-depressant medication to be responsible.

When you think about it, the dude was young.  It wasn't like the candle of his life was burning close to the end.  For people like him, divorce wouldn't even phase them the slightest.  Most con men are pretty emotionless in regards to other people and personal relationships with them.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that his suicide originated from problems completely unrelated to the Freddy scandal.

Maybe a boyfriend?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 12:42:50 PM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 01:00:04 PM »
Maybe a boyfriend?

Perhaps.  One could never really know this soon.  We will just wait and see what dirt surfaces.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 09:00:17 PM »
All that was mentioned about Kellermann on the local news tonight focused on the increasing stress he had been working under for the past several months, and how this was the fifth high-profile suicide in the financial sector in as many months.

If this guy really hung himself over nothing more than job-related stress, how shallow is that??!?  I mean, wtf, come on.  It's just a job.  I can state categorically--no job I could ever have would be worth ending my life over.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2009, 07:25:52 AM »
All that was mentioned about Kellermann on the local news tonight focused on the increasing stress he had been working under for the past several months, and how this was the fifth high-profile suicide in the financial sector in as many months.

If this guy really hung himself over nothing more than job-related stress, how shallow is that??!?  I mean, wtf, come on.  It's just a job.  I can state categorically--no job I could ever have would be worth ending my life over.

We just had a horrible murder suicide of a lawyer who strangled his whole family over a ponzi scheme he got caught running.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2009, 07:26:39 AM »

You weren't in his shoes.  Maybe, he thought in addition to facing possible jail time, he would lose his wife, his house, his money and end up homeless broke, shamed and alone.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2009, 07:31:56 AM »
You weren't in his shoes.  Maybe, he thought in addition to facing possible jail time, he would lose his wife, his house, his money and end up homeless broke, shamed and alone.
He was not facing any legal trouble.  Again, this behavior is not uncommon among these types.  Goes to show you the type of nuts that tend to run these positions.  Watch this:

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 07:36:11 AM »
He was not facing any legal trouble.  Again, this behavior is not uncommon among these types.  Goes to show you the type of nuts that tend to run these positions.  Watch this:

Well, their money is their life.  If they lose their money why live?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2009, 07:50:48 AM »
Well, their money is their life.  If they lose their money why live?
It's dangerous to put all your hope in material things and to focus soley on your own situation because at times we can see our lives as terribly painful.

People can always start over.  But when you're depressed and it seems like all hope is gone there can be that instant where you give up.  Fight to get through it!
R

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2009, 08:12:43 AM »
It's dangerous to put all your hope in material things and to focus soley on your own situation because at times we can see our lives as terribly painful.

People can always start over.  But when you're depressed and it seems like all hope is gone there can be that instant where you give up.  Fight to get through it!

It such a sad thing because material things are so meaningless when compared to being involved and part of the lives of your children and family.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2009, 08:43:13 AM »
It such a sad thing because material things are so meaningless when compared to being involved and part of the lives of your children and family.
That could be argued meaningless as well.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2009, 08:51:01 AM »
That could be argued meaningless as well.

How so?  what do you mean?

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2009, 09:00:37 AM »

More than likely, that's what happened. If it was a suicide. All men and women who are power-brokered people can't take the idea of being bereft or failing in that sense. Not so diff from other perspectives.  Some people off themselves over honor or religion. Are those ideals any better?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 09:09:19 AM »
More than likely, that's what happened. If it was a suicide. All men and women who are power-brokered people can't take the idea of being bereft or failing in that sense. Not so diff from other perspectives.  Some people off themselves over honor or religion. Are those ideals any better?

:o :o :o
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2009, 10:31:34 AM »
How so?  what do you mean?
Individuals tend to have a great variance on what they place importance on.