Author Topic: Very Disturbing. Never Forget 9/11  (Read 2138 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Very Disturbing. Never Forget 9/11
« on: April 24, 2009, 07:15:21 AM »
That's a video of Andy Card telling Presiden Bush the country is under attack.  Look at the president's response:

&NR=1

Just what the hell was he thinking?  Commander of the Armed Forces....and he joins the children in reading while the United States of America is under attack.

What's the story?  How do you defend that?

If you don't defend it, then this shit springs up:

&feature=related

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Very Disturbing. Never Forget 9/11
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 07:23:58 AM »
Defenders will say "He didn't want to spread fear".

Well, he didn't have to read for 7 and 1/2 minutes.  He could have finished that page or that sections, thanked them for their time, and wished them all a good day.  Instead, aware of the fact that there were two planes wedged into 2 american skyscrapers, he sat there for almost 500 seconds.  Think about that.  Do you think Obama would sit there chewing his lip while counting to 500?

instead, Ari Fleischer held up a sign that said "Don't say anything".  bush never veered off schedule that day by even a minute.  At 9:30 AM he gave his speech as planned ahead of time.

Who was really in charge that day?  It wasn't Dubya.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 07:27:43 AM »
Defenders will say "He didn't want to spread fear".

Well, he didn't have to read for 7 and 1/2 minutes.  He could have finished that page or that sections, thanked them for their time, and wished them all a good day.  Instead, aware of the fact that there were two planes wedged into 2 american skyscrapers, he sat there for almost 500 seconds.  Think about that.  Do you think Obama would sit there chewing his lip while counting to 500?

instead, Ari Fleischer held up a sign that said "Don't say anything".  bush never veered off schedule that day by even a minute.  At 9:30 AM he gave his speech as planned ahead of time.

Who was really in charge that day?  It wasn't Dubya.
If the country was under attack, his very presence in that classroom put all the kids lives at stake.

So quelling childrens's fears cannot be the answer.

He's either an incredibly irrelevant figurehead with no real political power or he's just playing along.

Which is it?  I'd say either option is possible.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 08:11:48 AM »
Hate on Bush all you want.
But there hasn't been an attack on the US since 2001.

Considering during Clinton's era.
There were multiple terrorist attacks.
Oklahoma City
The first Tower Bombings
Neither stopped the cause

If Obama changes the strategy of monitoring and deterrence. You can bet there will be other attacks.

By the way was Bush personally going to do.
He shut down American Airspace.

Also the children weren't at risk there were plenty of secret service in Sarasota. The FBI were already working on securing the country.
Z

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 09:38:54 AM »
But there hasn't been an attack on the US since 2001. Becasue his administration only needed one to make their point and get what they want

There were multiple terrorist attacks. DOMESTIC TERRORISM
Oklahoma City Orchestrated by a white supremicist group members McVeigh and Nicholls
The first Tower Bombings Orchestrated by the CIA and used patsy Mohammed Salem who exposed them...see New York TimesNeither stopped the cause

If Obama changes the strategy of monitoring and deterrence. You can bet there will be other attacks. The "attacks" are already planned and already being carried out...did you somhow forget the FINANCIAL AND MORTGAGE ATTACKS GOING ON NOW???....BIOLOGICAL AND NUCLEAR WILL COME SOON ENOUGH..THEN MARTIAL LAW..

He shut down American Airspace. So that the Bin Laden family could leave unimpeded

Also the children weren't at risk there were plenty of secret service in Sarasota. The children were in GRAVE DANGER being in the same room as Bush...he could have infected those children with that virus that causes him such STUPIDITY..
The FBI were already working on securing the country. YEAH...It only took them an hour to scramble a few jets....

HELLO BUSH...I didn't know you like bloging  on the GETBIG boards....
C

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 09:48:02 AM »
But there hasn't been an attack on the US since 2001.
Could you picture Reagan sitting there following a child's story after he'd been told the USA is under attack.

There were multiple terrorist attacks.
Oklahoma City
The first Tower Bombings
Neither stopped the cause
Irrelevant.  Bush was told that country was under attack as it was happening.  He's the commander of the armed forces.

If Obama changes the strategy of monitoring and deterrence. You can bet there will be other attacks.
Irrelevant speculation.  It appears you hope this will happen.

He shut down American Airspace.
No, Bush did nothing.  He sat there like a goddam dope after being told the country was under attack...i.e, at war.

Also the children weren't at risk there were plenty of secret service in Sarasota. The FBI were already working on securing the country.
Yes, we all know that the FBI and secret service could stop a suicide bomber...by plane...by train...by automobile....

And if the children weren't at risk, then why did Bush just sit there and not start issuing orders as commander of the country's armed forces?

sorry kids, I have business to tend to, good luck with your reading.

Was that so tough? 

Or did he fulfill his duties by doing nothing?

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 10:02:44 AM »
I would hope any leader would sit there calm.
The last thing people need is panic, although there seems to be more people requesting it.
Also he was notified about what the FBI and CIA was doing to thwart the attacks and saw no reason to change course.
Why would he mettle, it would have only made it worse.

Your response doesn't make any less true that there were no new terrorist attacks in the US.

Sure I am speculating about what might happen if Obama changes course.
I don't want him to change want Bush was doing and in many ways he seems to be adding to the roles of the CIA and FBI by expanding the patriot act. Which most democrats don't like.
I really hope there isn't another attack and want the president to think the same way and to give as much power to as many organizations as  possible to help monitor and restrict access for terrorists.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 10:06:39 AM »
"He shut down American Airspace. So that the Bin Laden family could leave unimpeded"

sad but true.  i never understood this one.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 10:12:10 AM »
"He shut down American Airspace. So that the Bin Laden family could leave unimpeded"

sad but true.  i never understood this one.

Actually it isn't true.
Bin Ladin Family didn't leave unit September 19th, when he US airspace was reopened.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A4014-2004Jul21.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bin_Laden_family
The Bin Laden flights

At least 13 relatives of Osama bin Laden, accompanied by bodyguards and associates, left the United States on a chartered flight eight days after the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, according to a passenger manifest released on July 21, 2004.[17] The passenger list was made public by Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ), who obtained the manifest from officials at Boston's Logan International Airport. None of the flights, domestic or international, took place before the reopening of national airspace on the morning of Sept. 13 and the 9/11 Commission found ""no evidence of a political intervention". [18]

Among the passengers with the bin Laden surname were Omar Osama bin Laden, who had lived with OBL nephew Abdallah Osama bin Laden who was involved in forming the U.S. branch of the World Assembly of Muslim Youth in Alexandria, and Shafig bin Laden, a half brother of OBL who was reportedly attending the annual investor conference of the Carlyle Group.[citation needed]

Also on board were Akberali Moawalla, an official with the investment company run by Yeslam bin Ladin, another of Osama bin Laden's half brothers. Records show that a passenger, Kholoud Kurdi, lived in Northern Virginia with a bin Laden relative.[citation needed]

The bin Laden flight has received fresh publicity because it was a topic in Michael Moore's anti-Bush documentary, "Fahrenheit 9/11."

The document specifically states: "On 9/19/01, a 727 plane left LAX, Ryan Flt #441 to Orlando, FL W/ETA (estimated time of arrival) of 4-5pm. The plane was charter either by the Saudi Arabian royal family or Osama Bin Laden...The LA FBI searched the plane [redacted] luggage, of which nothing unusual was found."[citation needed]

The 9/11 Commission found that the "FBI conducted a satisfactory screening of Saudi nationals who left the United States on charter flights. The Saudi government was advised of and agreed to the FBI's requirements that passengers be identified and checked against various databases before the flights departed. The Federal Aviation Administration representative working in the FBI operations center made sure that the FBI was aware of the flights of Saudi nationals and was able to screen the passengers before they were allowed to depart.". [19]
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 10:15:59 AM »
The document specifically states: "On 9/19/01, a 727 plane left LAX, Ryan Flt #441 to Orlando, FL W/ETA (estimated time of arrival) of 4-5pm. The plane was charter either by the Saudi Arabian royal family or Osama Bin Laden...The LA FBI searched the plane [redacted] luggage, of which nothing unusual was found."[citation needed]

Wait, did that say "The plane was charter either by the Saudi Arabian royal family or Osama Bin Laden"?

Osama himself?

This presents a few problems, no?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 10:17:44 AM »
"The LA FBI searched the plane [redacted] luggage, of which nothing unusual was found."[citation needed]"

Right.  Because 200 member of Osama's family who were here for whatever reason, would be dumb enough to "CARRY ON" evidence of their involvement in the attacks 8 days earlier.

I see.  They didn't have any written confessions with their underpants, so they must be innocent.  yet we locked up hundreds of potential threat with far less connection to OBL, for months, on no evidence.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 10:18:11 AM »
All experts on how the Secret Service secures the President during an attack...ur all flailing along without anything real to go on.

Why does this matter.....
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 10:23:09 AM »
I would hope any leader would sit there calm.
The last thing people need is panic, although there seems to be more people requesting it.
Also he was notified about what the FBI and CIA was doing to thwart the attacks and saw no reason to change course.
Why would he mettle, it would have only made it worse.

Your response doesn't make any less true that there were no new terrorist attacks in the US.

Sure I am speculating about what might happen if Obama changes course.
I don't want him to change want Bush was doing and in many ways he seems to be adding to the roles of the CIA and FBI by expanding the patriot act. Which most democrats don't like.
I really hope there isn't another attack and want the president to think the same way and to give as much power to as many organizations as  possible to help monitor and restrict access for terrorists.

He's the man who is in charge of the military.  He gives the orders for military attacks, he has the nuclear codes.  There is no excuse for what he did that morning...which is nothing.

There was no additional attack here?  Tell that to our allies the UK and Spain.  They suffered more attacks.  We have an ocean insulating us.  They don't.

And since there was no further attack, what do you attribute that to?  The record of The Dept. of Homeland Security?  Please.  It can't even secure our ports.

Wasn't there a couple of tests run where agents snuck explosives/weapons onto airplanes with ease post 9/11?

I think the reason that the US hasn't been hit again is b/c AQ hasn't tried.

Besides, one instance of gross negligence by the Bush administration allowing the single greatest attack on US soil is enough for me.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 10:25:02 AM »

sad but true.  i never understood this one.
I have no comment regarding the royal family of Saudi Arabia or their possessions other than you said they flew out while the US airspace was shutdown.

This is not true they flew out on September 19.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 10:30:25 AM »
cool.  I wonder why the sept 12 date was so widely reported

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 10:32:21 AM »
He's the man who is in charge of the military.  He gives the orders for military attacks, he has the nuclear codes.  There is no excuse for what he did that morning...which is nothing.

Except if the secret service told him to stay put and act calm and what does that have to do with nuclear codes or ordering military attacks.

There was no additional attack here?  Tell that to our allies the UK and Spain.  They suffered more attacks.  We have an ocean insulating us.  They don't.

And since there was no further attack, what do you attribute that to?  The record of The Dept. of Homeland Security?  Please.  It can't even secure our ports.

Wasn't there a couple of tests run where agents snuck explosives/weapons onto airplanes with ease post 9/11?

I think the reason that the US hasn't been hit again is b/c AQ hasn't tried.
Give it a rest there were at least 3 attacks known to target US interests.
The shoe bomber.
The 8 planes leaving from uk(water bombers)
The attack in LA.

I have no idea how many other attacks were thwarted.

Obviously after the UK was attacked they have increased their security and monitoring. They should have been monitoring these groups before though. This still has nothing to do with the US.

Besides, one instance of gross negligence by the Bush administration allowing the single greatest attack on US soil is enough for me.
But 2 for Clinton your OK with.
Z

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 10:33:18 AM »
cool.  I wonder why the sept 12 date was so widely reported

Sometimes things get added to the narrative to fit the story.
Z

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 10:45:30 AM »
All experts on how the Secret Service secures the President during an attack...ur all flailing along without anything real to go on.

Why does this matter.....
Given the Secret Service's duty to protect the president, was it the wisest thing to leave him sitting in a classroom while the country was under terrorist attack?  Is a public place the best place for the president to be...doing nothing?

What is the by-the-book procedure for safeguarding a president during a time of military action against the country?

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 10:46:08 AM »
Given the Secret Service's duty to protect the president, was it the wisest thing to leave him sitting in a classroom while the country was under terrorist attack?  Is a public place the best place for the president to be...doing nothing?

What is the by-the-book procedure for safeguarding a president during a time of military action against the country?

No idea, but you don't know either.
Z

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 10:47:49 AM »
Despicable
S

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 10:56:42 AM »
Except if the secret service told him to stay put and act calm and what does that have to do with nuclear codes or ordering military attacks.
Bush is their boss and not vice-versa.

I saw andy card tell the president of the US that we were under attack.

I didn't see the Secret SErvice say anything to Bush, did  you?

In fact, there are disputes that Bush knew about first crash into the tower before he entered the school.  The second crash would have cemented the notion that our country was under attack.

Give it a rest there were at least 3 attacks known to target US interests.
The shoe bomber.
The shoe bomber.  Yes, wasn't he mentally retarded?

The attack in LA.
This was shown to be nothing more than a fantasy.  At best it was an idea for some plan down the road.

I have no idea how many other attacks were thwarted
Obviously after the UK was attacked they have increased their security and monitoring. They should have been monitoring these groups before though. This still has nothing to do with the US.
But 2 for Clinton your OK with..
Didn't Clinton catch the WTC bombers?  Aren't they in jail?

Where's OBL?

"I don't know where he is. I have no idea and I don't really care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." - George Bush. March 13, 2002

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 12:28:26 PM »
Not more of this CT nonsense.   ::)  Do you CT nuts even know what Card whispered in Dubya's ear? 

And why is this news? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 12:56:54 PM »
Not more of this CT nonsense.   ::)  Do you CT nuts even know what Card whispered in Dubya's ear? 

And why is this news? 

"Mr president, a second plane has hit the towers. America is under attack"

something along those lines.  it's all over youtube.  Card and Bush both say it.  All the reporters in the room were blowing up on their cells too at that same time.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 01:11:30 PM »
"Mr president, a second plane has hit the towers. America is under attack"

something along those lines.  it's all over youtube.  Card and Bush both say it.  All the reporters in the room were blowing up on their cells too at that same time.

Link? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »
Link? 

I walked into the classroom, went up to the President's right ear, and bent down and said, 'A second plane hit the second tower. America is under attack.' I stepped back from the President. I did not want to invite a question or a debate."

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1182912,00.html

This isn't CT or speculation.  Card and Bush admit what was said.
Bush knew and sat for 7.5 minutes.