Author Topic: do you buy your food from a farmer instead of grocery store - Meat / Veggies?  (Read 651 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
I need to find a farmer, I don't want to buy my food from the local grocery store.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
I need to find a farmer, I don't want to buy my food from the local grocery store.

Do you have a local farmers market?

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V

Depends on the grocery store.  Whole Foods is great.......lots or farm fresh meat and veggies.  I get my milk from whole foods and it is raw and comes from organic pasture dairies.  I get my grass fed beef from there as well.  But Albertsons, Pavillions, Dierbergs, Schnucks, Vons, King Soopers, Safeways, no I wouldn't buy beef or veggies from those places.  Veggies maybe but beef no way in hell.  

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Do you have a local farmers market?

yes

Depends on the grocery store.  Whole Foods is great.......lots or farm fresh meat and veggies.  I get my milk from whole foods and it is raw and comes from organic pasture dairies.  I get my grass fed beef from there as well.  But Albertsons, Pavillions, Dierbergs, Schnucks, Vons, King Soopers, Safeways, no I wouldn't buy beef or veggies from those places.  Veggies maybe but beef no way in hell.  

vegetables are fairly easy to find. I want nice cuts of beef from a farmer. Also some chicken.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
MB, you should shop for the veggies at the farmers market.  You might be able to find someone there to point you towards someone who raises natural fed beef, etc... too.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
yes

vegetables are fairly easy to find. I want nice cuts of beef from a farmer. Also some chicken.

What state are you in?  Whole Foods are all over the USA.  Might have to drive 30 minutes or so but they all have very high quality beef, chicken, seafood. 

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"

you're a clown, eat whatever, stop wasting your money. I eat mac & cheese w/ fried chicken every night.
$

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
I buy my fish from a fisherman, my milk from a milkman, and my drugs from a drug dealer.
a

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
I used to have a guy where I could get a quarter of a cow, all kinds of cuts.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
I used to have a guy where I could get a quarter of a cow, all kinds of cuts.

Exactly.  If you could find someone to supply a beef for you to have butchered, you could get whatever cuts you want and freeze it.  Use as needed.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...

I'm growing a shit load of greens.  :)
S