Author Topic: Who had the best draft? The G-Men of course.  (Read 6331 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Who had the best draft? The G-Men of course.
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2009, 11:37:35 AM »
Chang and Gram and Sonny (remember him from TT) yeah those are system guys...but I think Colt is the real deal...he makes awesome throws in the redskins boring ass 2wr offense...i think he is better than Campbell right now

I agree.  Colt is the real deal.  He will start in the NFL.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2009, 11:47:16 AM »
NO!!!!!!!

I'm just sayin . . . . I don't think it will happen, but you never know. 

body88

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2009, 12:25:38 PM »
Not true.  I mentioned his production and his game film.  I know the difference between a guy who does nothing but put up numbers and a guy who can play.  That's the difference between our respective analysis.  You're relying on the copout "system" argument without having watched the kid play.  I've actually seen him.  Even though pretty much all of the scouts and teams, etc. had Crabtree ranked as the best WR in the draft, I based my view on what I saw on the field, along with his production.  Great football player.   

Crabtree is not overrated, imo.  he is a good football player.  However, I'm not sure how he fits into the niners current O.  I think Robinski would have been the better pick on top of trading down if they could.  Clearly they went for best player available and you cant fault that at the top of the draft.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2009, 12:29:42 PM »
They and NE always get lucky   form idiot teams passing on talent.   My Boyz were too economical......but we ARE ready for 2009!!!!
((-::

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2009, 12:30:27 PM »
Crabtree is not overrated, imo.  he is a good football player.  However, I'm not sure how he fits into the niners current O.  I think Robinski would have been the better pick on top of trading down if they could.

He fits right into the WR1 slot, because that was one of the Niners biggest needs.  He's going to be a great addition to that offense, with Gore, Vernon Davis, and Bruce back for one more season.  I just hope they get consistent QB play.  

I'd actually be more concerned if they drafted a WR like Heyward-Bey who can only sprint down the field in a straight line.  Crabtree can do it all.  I don't think it's any conincidence that pretty much everyone viewed him as the best WR in the draft.  There are some who viewed him as the best player in the draft period.  

I don't really see anyone drafted after no. 10 that was a better fit for the Niners.  

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2009, 01:45:12 PM »
bb, trust me. He doesnt have the xplosiveness to play the 1 wr spot. The niners may keep him there for a year or even 3. Once he faces real bump coverage he will become nothing more than a slot wr.

HES A DAMN SLOT WR

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2009, 01:46:22 PM »
bb, trust me. He doesnt have the xplosiveness to play the 1 wr spot. The niners may keep him there for a year or even 3. Once he faces real bump coverage he will become nothing more than a slot wr.

HES A DAMN SLOT WR

WOAH...DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2009, 02:21:20 PM »

HES A DAMN SLOT WR

I doubt that.  And not every defense in the league plays bump and run.  He's certainly big and strong enough to get off the line. 

But we'll see. 

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2009, 06:11:21 PM »

HES A DAMN SLOT WR

They said the same thing about Desean Jackson.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2009, 06:24:26 PM »
They said the same thing about Desean Jackson.

who said that? desean had the speed to dictate double teams, you dont find many slot receivers commanding double teams.

he can play any wr slot.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2009, 07:03:49 PM »
Ravens had a decent draft. But it's still puzzling to me why they didn't go after a Wide Receiver. They didn't even draft one??? Very strange considering that it's a weakness on their team. They have to be planning something big via a trade. They made the AFC championship with Mason and Clayton as their starters. But to take it past that level, they need a big play receiver to complement Flacco's deep ball.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
figurs is the future in bmore

;D

body88

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2009, 09:56:12 AM »
They and NE always get lucky   form idiot teams passing on talent.   My Boyz were too economical......but we ARE ready for 2009!!!!

Luck?  They know how to draft.  You don't go into a draft with 6 day one picks after drafting the DFOTY in 2008, and come out with 12 players and two extra second rounders because you're lucky...

First round picks over the last 9 years

Seymour - Stud

Dan Graham - Very Good

Ty Warren - Stud

Vince Wilford - Stud

Ben Watson - Good

Login Mankins - Stud

Maroney - Good, but injury prone

Meriweather - Very Good

Meyo - Stud

Pitt. NE, Colts, Ravens, Dolphins (now), Carolina, Chargers, Bills, Eagles all know how to draft.

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2009, 09:23:55 AM »
who said that? desean had the speed to dictate double teams, you dont find many slot receivers commanding double teams.

he can play any wr slot.

They said once Desean faces real bump and run coverage... which is almost a lost art in the NFL anymore. Crabtree will be fine.
I Bleed PhillyEagle