Author Topic: Phil Heath's new commercial video  (Read 5257 times)

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
Re: Phil Heath's new commercial video
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2009, 05:32:52 PM »
Hey Phil, what do you think of Boulder, CO?  I'm interviewing up there this coming Monday - any good gyms I should be hitting up while I'm in town?

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2009, 05:33:53 PM »
I don't think MBA's are as valuable as they used to be - you're obviously making the right decision to milk bodybuilding for all its worth while your career is on fire.  How long do you plan on competing?  

I agree, however, DU's grad program is one of the best and their alumni comes through when looking for a career. I am just keeping all options open as competing won't be there forever (for me that it is). I told my wife that I plan on competing through my late 30s and then figure out when my last show will be. Who knows because after seeing how Dexter improved at his age along with Tony Freeman, anything is possible. I just hope to continue improving and being a cool guy that people will respect when I am done.

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2009, 05:35:42 PM »
More than the size aspect, I think your arms are probably the most separated on the pro circuit.  Everyone else up there looks bloated when their arms are compared with yours. 

You need to impart some of your wisdom for getting shredded with your buddy Jay! 

honestly, i think Jay isn't done coming into shows shredded as he's been able to do so in the past. he'll definitely bring forth a spectacular physique as i have seen him already and it is still amazing for someone to be in shape while being over 290.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2009, 05:35:48 PM »
I agree, however, DU's grad program is one of the best and their alumni comes through when looking for a career. I am just keeping all options open as competing won't be there forever (for me that it is). I told my wife that I plan on competing through my late 30s and then figure out when my last show will be. Who knows because after seeing how Dexter improved at his age along with Tony Freeman, anything is possible. I just hope to continue improving and being a cool guy that people will respect when I am done.

You are certainly more well-rounded that most other IFBB pro's competing today.  Are they offering you a full ride for the MBA program at DU?

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2009, 05:36:56 PM »
1. Phil, Dorian or Ronnie? and elaborate on your choice.

2. As one of the young guns, do you think that you have paid your dues enough to be Mr O?

3. Take a step back and explain why you should be Mr. O over Wolf or Kai?

4. Over the years your mid section has seen to grown is this something that concerns you and how are addressing it?

5. Can you still dunk a basketball?

I

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2009, 05:38:31 PM »
I think all these questions will turn phil away from getbig

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2009, 05:39:02 PM »
honestly, i think Jay isn't done coming into shows shredded as he's been able to do so in the past. he'll definitely bring forth a spectacular physique as i have seen him already and it is still amazing for someone to be in shape while being over 290.

What's he doing at the last minute that's not working like it used to?  He's regressed the past couple of Olympias.  

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2009, 05:39:42 PM »
I think all these questions will turn phil away from getbig

Is your name Phil Heath?  Thanks, but he can speak for himself...I don't see him shying away from anything.  He's a level-headed dude.

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2009, 05:41:54 PM »
You are certainly more well-rounded that most other IFBB pro's competing today.  Are they offering you a full ride for the MBA program at DU?

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I do know some other pros that actually have more than just a physique, but haven't shared it whether it be on forums or magazines.

I am meeting with admissions next week before I leave for England to discuss how much help I would get. I don't expect that much as they know that I'm not a struggling college student anymore hehe. I just checked and its closing in on four digits per credit hour, $300 more than when I was there. There are ways such as taking one course per quarter, which I could handle, but that would take at least be 5 yrs since I'd need 70 credits.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2009, 05:42:39 PM »
Is your name Phil Heath?  Thanks, but he can speak for himself...I don't see him shying away from anything.  He's a level-headed dude.

what a douchebag of a response. He's not a celebrity so I'm not going to go gaga like i'm a schoolgirl seeing johnny depp. I think he seems like a cool guy but he's just like any other guy. Calm down dude.

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2009, 05:45:01 PM »
Hey Phil, what do you think of Boulder, CO?  I'm interviewing up there this coming Monday - any good gyms I should be hitting up while I'm in town?

As far as Boulder, I don't know any bro sorry. You can train at mine which isn't that far (WheatRidge). Its awesome and you'll have a great atmosphere.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2009, 05:45:08 PM »
Thank you, I really appreciate it. I do know some other pros that actually have more than just a physique, but haven't shared it whether it be on forums or magazines.

I am meeting with admissions next week before I leave for England to discuss how much help I would get. I don't expect that much as they know that I'm not a struggling college student anymore hehe. I just checked and its closing in on four digits per credit hour, $300 more than when I was there. There are ways such as taking one course per quarter, which I could handle, but that would take at least be 5 yrs since I'd need 70 credits.

I totally agree with you here; unfortunately, many fans don't have access to pros other than message boards and magazines, so they don't get a great perspective on what these guys are like.  I've met Victor Martinez and will say he was a totally chill dude - and had many interesting things to say.  He's a guy with many diverse life experiences.  Do you know Vic well?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2009, 05:48:07 PM »
phil thank u for talking to us w/ respect on here
there is another pro on here who shall remain nameless but he likes to yell at us a lot and delete posts for fun and treat us like crap-he even called me a dipshit one time becasue i thought i had food poisoing
you are a breath of fresh air
i look forward to your pm about my diet-youre the best
w

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2009, 05:53:29 PM »
Phil Muscletime had you winning the Olympia with straight firsts , do you agree with their assessment? or did you think Dexter had you and or Jay? I think you were better than Jay but good luck on upcoming contests.

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2009, 05:58:08 PM »
I totally agree with you here; unfortunately, many fans don't have access to pros other than message boards and magazines, so they don't get a great perspective on what these guys are like.  I've met Victor Martinez and will say he was a totally chill dude - and had many interesting things to say.  He's a guy with many diverse life experiences.  Do you know Vic well?

I know Vic, he's a great guy that I've enjoyed spending time at shows with.

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2009, 06:00:23 PM »
Phil Muscletime had you winning the Olympia with straight firsts , do you agree with their assessment? or did you think Dexter had you and or Jay? I think you were better than Jay but good luck on upcoming contests.

I appreciate it the luck, Imma need it for sure because none of these guys are taking this show lightly. as far as their assessment, my job is to do my best and that is what i did. I did have myself top 3, but that's all irrelevant as this year more guys will be ready for the Olympia than before.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2009, 06:00:55 PM »
I know Vic, he's a great guy that I've enjoyed spending time at shows with.

Who's physique impresses you the most of all the guys competing right now?

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »
I appreciate it the luck, Imma need it for sure because none of these guys are taking this show lightly. as far as their assessment, my job is to do my best and that is what i did. I did have myself top 3, but that's all irrelevant as this year more guys will be ready for the Olympia than before.

If you improve just a little bit compared with last year, you will win the 2009 Olympia.  How in the hell do you keep making these improvements?  Most guys say they are improving, but you can never actually see it when they get onstage.

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2009, 06:04:29 PM »
Who's physique impresses you the most of all the guys competing right now?

They all have something that I like.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2009, 06:07:56 PM »
They all have something that I like.

Examples?  Who motivates you and why?

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »
If you improve just a little bit compared with last year, you will win the 2009 Olympia.  How in the hell do you keep making these improvements?  Most guys say they are improving, but you can never actually see it when they get onstage.

I made a promise with Hany to not give up the plans to the death star haha I couldn't help myself to make a star wars comment. I think it is because we derive a gameplan that is realistic and I execute it which makes his job easier to make adjustments. the goal is to capitalize on the time that i've taken in between shows so that you all can actually see the difference. also, since i've only been training for 6 yrs, my gains are steady just like anyone else that would begin bodybuilding. i've gotta go now, as i'm gonna play with my kid.

great talking with you guys and come holla at me on flexonline.com/forums ok and we can continue this!

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2009, 06:10:07 PM »
I made a promise with Hany to not give up the plans to the death star haha I couldn't help myself to make a star wars comment. I think it is because we derive a gameplan that is realistic and I execute it which makes his job easier to make adjustments. the goal is to capitalize on the time that i've taken in between shows so that you all can actually see the difference. also, since i've only been training for 6 yrs, my gains are steady just like anyone else that would begin bodybuilding. i've gotta go now, as i'm gonna play with my kid.

great talking with you guys and come holla at me on flexonline.com/forums ok and we can continue this!

See ya Phil, thanks for stopping in.  Dont be a stranger...not everyone at getbig will flame you.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2009, 02:24:34 AM »
Wow Phil, great to have you back interacting with the fans and haters.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2009, 03:18:12 AM »
phil thank u for talking to us w/ respect on here
there is another pro on here who shall remain nameless but he likes to yell at us a lot and delete posts for fun and treat us like crap-he even called me a dipshit one time becasue i thought i had food poisoing
you are a breath of fresh air
i look forward to your pm about my diet-youre the best

But you are a dipshit.  ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2009, 03:27:38 AM »

You are the arm god!
I hate the State.