Author Topic: Athletes Rep - How it works  (Read 24964 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Athletes Rep - How it works
« Reply #325 on: May 06, 2009, 11:59:27 AM »
I would never pay what Bob is asking for his egg whites.  However, I think he is doing a great job at pricing his product for his target demo.  Goat didn't just buy the product, he actually read the label first.  He's not worried about taking in an egg white that is not designed for bodybuilders.  A true "meathead" would never do that.  They want "the best"!

Btw, I am a big advocate of supplements that work.  It's not all snake oil,....about 60% is.

Goatballs is a perfect example of someone that thinks everything is the same, while smarter people know that you get what you pay for...

While it may look like the same thing for half the price, it aint.

1. their product has a 7-10 day shelf life and loaded with preservatives...ours is flash frozen without, and has a shelf life of 3-4 months.

2.Their stuff isn't doubled filtered, ours is giving it the consistancy of milk, which is much easier and better tasting to drink (which accounts for more protein)

Their products are primarily made for baking, which has a whipping agent added....ours doesn't contain such a thing and is made to cooked, or drink.

3. We have a referrel fee which you can actually MAKE money on...I don't see Walmart or Cosco with that offer

4. While filet mignon and beef stew may both technically be steaks, there s a big difference between them.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #326 on: May 06, 2009, 03:01:32 PM »
Goatballs is a perfect example of someone that thinks everything is the same, while smarter people know that you get what you pay for...

While it may look like the same thing for half the price, it aint.

1. their product has a 7-10 day shelf life and loaded with preservatives...ours is flash frozen without, and has a shelf life of 3-4 months.

That's actually not correct.  The ingredients of both yours and theirs list exactly one item:  "egg whites".  Preservatives or any other additives would have to be declared.  The shelf life of egg whites is identical whether they are in your box or their box.  You're comparing the shelf life of one in the refrigerator to the shelf life of another in the freezer?  Do you think we're stupid?

Their products are primarily made for baking, which has a whipping agent added....ours doesn't contain such a thing and is made to cooked, or drink.

Wrong again.  The FDA requires all ingredients to be declared.  If my grocery-store-bought egg whites had anything other than egg whites in it, these additives would have to be listed under the ingredients.  My egg whites have one ingredient: "egg whites".

4. While filet mignon and beef stew may both technically be steaks, there s a big difference between them.

We're not comparing "filet mignon and beef stew", we're comparing "apples to apples".   Face it, we're talking about the exact same product.  Exactly the same.  The only difference is the packaging.  Saying "ours is better" is your attempt at a bullshit excuse to justify overcharging.

3. We have a referrel fee which you can actually MAKE money on...I don't see Walmart or Cosco with that offer

Wow, so you're saying if I work really hard and get all my friends to buy your stuff I can end up getting a price somewhere near what I should have paid to begin with??  How generous of you.  Sorry, Bob, I'm not up for joining any MLM-Pyramids today.  You might hit up Jaguar Ent, though...  I hear she's looking for a new gig now that her "gas mileage pills" are played out.  :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #327 on: May 06, 2009, 04:35:50 PM »
What bothers me about the brains of typical muscleheads like Goodrum is that they have absorbed all crap fed to them by the internet and muscle magazines. I doubt that Melvin Goodrum, aka Venom Vince Versace, aka Vince G CSN MFT PHD is capable of independent thought. If he were then he would realize that all the professional bodybuilders have been brainwashed and manipulated by the IFBB and Pro League.

When Joe Weider created the Mr Olympia contest it was to give the various champions a platform to compete. In those days the only big show you could win over and over again was the NABBA Professional Mr Universe in England. Reg Park and Bill Pearl won this title many times. So did a few other guys like Boyer Coe. So Joe wasn't really doing anything original. I don't think he predicted that the title would be held by a few individuals for so many years. Arnold, Haney, Yates and Coleman won way too many times. Sometimes guys won who were title holders that didn't deserve the victory. It appears that title holders were given gifts some years and we can think of Yates and Coleman after they were injured.

The Mr Olympia was for champions of various titles to come together in an open contest. There was no need to have to qualify as a professional in those days. In NABBA you were considered a professional bodybuilder if you owned a gym. How naive was that? Just because you own a gym doesn't make you a professional bodybuilder. Being around your own gym all day doesn't give you much incentive to train because you have customers to talk to and help and maintenance and cleaning to do. Yes, gym owners often do a lot of those things. What evolved in the IFBB was a system where the bodybuilders could be totally controlled so that the IFBB always held the power.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #328 on: May 06, 2009, 04:46:16 PM »
I am keeping posts shorter to help the comprehension challenged like Goodrum. Guys like Goaddick can follow an argument more than a paragraph long.

Those who haven't been around the Irongame for decades just accept what goes on in bodybuilding. That is what the IFBB wants. They don't want anyone upsetting their system so goodbye anyone too outspoken and controversial. Lee Priest and Milos are two intelligent and outspoken guys. I would put Frank Zane and Mike Mentzer in this category. If you look back you will see that all the outspoken guys were maltreated by the IFBB or they somehow didn't win the top title or any more Mr Olympias.

Why muscleheads accept this corrupt system is a mystery. Well, they all fear what the Pro League can do to them so no one at all speaks out and they definitely don't get together and organize any protests. Doing anything like that will land you, at best, in 8th place and usually out of the top 10. You have to kiss butt to be given a pro card in the first place. In some countries that card is mysteriously awarded by the appointed vice-presidents. Yes, Ben Weider created a system that Napoleon would have been proud of. Maintain absolute power and treat the peasants like the sheep that they are.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: May 06, 2009, 05:07:10 PM »
Basile, what does your purple-font blather have to do with Bob's overpriced egg whites?  >:(

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: May 06, 2009, 05:13:59 PM »
Basile, what does your purple-font blather have to do with Bob's overpriced egg whites?  >:(

Go with the cheap stuff...gotta cut corners where you can

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: May 06, 2009, 05:34:32 PM »
Go with the cheap stuff...gotta cut corners where you can

Gotta hand it to you Bob, the PR guy you called knows his stuff.  "Cheap" would indicate lower quality. Effective retort with just the right imagery on your part.  However, in this instance it doesn't reflect reality, since it's the EXACT SAME PRODUCT.  You're trying to characterize this as "filet mignon vs. hamburger", when in reality it's you selling sirloin @ 20.00/lb, and all of your competitors selling sirloin @ $9/lb. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: May 06, 2009, 05:46:39 PM »
Already explained that its not....

If you cant afford it, you cant afford it....don't worry about it, we'll be just fine

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #333 on: May 06, 2009, 05:48:21 PM »

If you cant afford it, you cant afford it....don't worry about it, we'll be just fine

I think they can't get it because their parents said no...... ;D
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #334 on: May 06, 2009, 06:04:34 PM »
Hey, Melvin, did you buy any of those cheap homes we hear about in the paper and TV? Might be a way to get out of that trailer. Some have been sold for $100.

Goadboy, I use Navy font, not purple.

You didn't ask if you actually ingest those egg whites? Can't imagine you actually lifting any weights!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: May 06, 2009, 06:13:25 PM »

Translation:  Bob knows he's beat...  he's throwing in the towel.

It's okay, Bob...  you can't win them all!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #336 on: May 06, 2009, 07:36:03 PM »
Wonder when that stubborn Chick will throw the towel in re the pro athletes rep appointment? Seems to me he is riding a dead horse.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: May 06, 2009, 07:39:15 PM »
Wonder when that stubborn Chick will throw the towel in re the pro athletes rep appointment? Seems to me he is riding a dead horse.

What concern of it is yours?  You have nothing to do with Pro BB, the IFBB, or the Pro League.

Go back to working in your daddys gym

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #338 on: May 06, 2009, 07:42:38 PM »
What concern of it is yours?  You have nothing to do with Pro BB, the IFBB, or the Pro League.

Go back to working in your daddys gym
what is "your daddys gym"  sugardaddy"   ???

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: May 06, 2009, 07:43:38 PM »

Great professionalism in talking down to "potential customers".

;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #340 on: May 06, 2009, 07:47:55 PM »

Great professionalism in talking down to "potential customers".

;D
that's just crass inexperience.  more people have 17.99 than 35.99

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: May 06, 2009, 07:51:51 PM »
that's just crass inexperience.  more people have 17.99 than 35.99

Bob & Co. trotted out a Toyota and hoped no one would notice it's not a Ferrari when they put a $150,000 price tag on it.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #342 on: May 06, 2009, 08:11:13 PM »
Look, Bob, I am not goading you like Goatboy about eggwhites.

From where I sit it is obvious to me the pro athletes don't have anyone representing them. Don't bullshit that you are representing them because Jim appointed you. That is not representing the athletes. Don't come on here acting like the good guy when you are definitely part of the problem the pro athletes have. Lee clearly saw it and you can't reply to what Milos has said about your efforts. Seems to me Milos knows what he is talking about.

Resign the postion and at least let everyone know the raw truth that they don't have anyone representing them. The sham has gone on for far too long. The Pro League has their backroom boy in that position while the pro athletes get the shaft. Everyone knows what is going on because none of them are speaking up. They saw what you did to Lee and Milos and they are all going to be good from now on. I doubt you should be proud of what you have done.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #343 on: May 06, 2009, 08:28:13 PM »
Hey, Melvin, did you buy any of those cheap homes we hear about in the paper and TV? Might be a way to get out of that trailer. Some have been sold for $100.

Goadboy, I use Navy font, not purple.

You didn't ask if you actually ingest those egg whites? Can't imagine you actually lifting any weights!

I have no idea what you are talking about, Basile but my home is still twice as big as that piece of shit pink gym of yours
A

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: May 06, 2009, 08:32:02 PM »

I have no idea what you are talking about, Basile but my home is still twice as big as that piece of shit pink gym of yours

Vince used to live in a warehouse after his divorce from his fat wife ;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #345 on: May 06, 2009, 08:37:56 PM »
What bothers me about the brains of typical muscleheads like Goodrum is that they have absorbed all crap fed to them by the internet and muscle magazines. I doubt that Melvin Goodrum, aka Venom Vince Versace, aka Vince G CSN MFT PHD is capable of independent thought. If he were then he would realize that all the professional bodybuilders have been brainwashed and manipulated by the IFBB and Pro League.

When Joe Weider created the Mr Olympia contest it was to give the various champions a platform to compete. In those days the only big show you could win over and over again was the NABBA Professional Mr Universe in England. Reg Park and Bill Pearl won this title many times. So did a few other guys like Boyer Coe. So Joe wasn't really doing anything original. I don't think he predicted that the title would be held by a few individuals for so many years. Arnold, Haney, Yates and Coleman won way too many times. Sometimes guys won who were title holders that didn't deserve the victory. It appears that title holders were given gifts some years and we can think of Yates and Coleman after they were injured.

The Mr Olympia was for champions of various titles to come together in an open contest. There was no need to have to qualify as a professional in those days. In NABBA you were considered a professional bodybuilder if you owned a gym. How naive was that? Just because you own a gym doesn't make you a professional bodybuilder. Being around your own gym all day doesn't give you much incentive to train because you have customers to talk to and help and maintenance and cleaning to do. Yes, gym owners often do a lot of those things. What evolved in the IFBB was a system where the bodybuilders could be totally controlled so that the IFBB always held the power.

Here we go again with bringing up bodybuilders from the past AGAIN in a pathetic attempt to argue your case???? 

As far as the NABBA is concerned, if they were giving professional status to people who owned gyms then that's prob one of the many reasons why the IFBB is the top dog for.
A

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: May 06, 2009, 08:50:22 PM »
Vince used to live in a warehouse after his divorce from his fat wife ;D

His lack of willpower is sickening!  >:(

Lynchie

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #347 on: May 08, 2009, 01:32:31 AM »

Hahaha. The weakest cop out I've read so far this week on the Net. You can practically see his tail between his fat legs.

Lynchie

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #348 on: May 08, 2009, 01:54:22 AM »
I'm as dedicated the craft as you are dedicated to being a posting troll like Lynchie. 

Yet nothing I say is untrue. You're an out of shape lard mouth that's been all talk for years and ZERO action. You look as shit as the day you started. You dare aiming your literary diarrhea to people (like Vince Basile, even for all his faults) that have actually "been there", yet you're one of the wannabe's that sit in the front row of every contest and look nothing like a bodybuilder wearing clothes or without. One can only draw one conclusion, you're a gay black fat fairy. Nothing else makes remotely any sense.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #349 on: May 08, 2009, 03:19:51 AM »
I give credit where it is due. Melvin looks fairly big off season. What has impacted on him is the difficulty in getting into contest shape. It isn't good enough to look impressive in your bedroom mirror. You need striations showing and some people find out they either can't get that cut up or they lose too much size in the process. I think Melvin errs trying to keep too much size and he ends up a tad soft in the lineup.