Author Topic: " Nasser dominated the bodybuilding world in his own remarkable style "  (Read 3981 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Haney vs Nasser?
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 03:57:52 AM »
i will send you the application to join the team ;D

no thanks.  :-X  ;D

Chevron427

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 04:00:16 AM »
Nas-her never have a back = never going to win anything...

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 04:03:26 AM »
Nas-her never have a back = never going to win anything...

I wouldn't say he never had a back. His back double biceps just wasn't as impressive as the rest of his poses. Even considering the fact that a prime Flex Wheeler beat an in shape Nasser, I'd say Nasser would beat Haney in the end - he just has too much mass and would overpower Lee in a lot of Lee's weak points, like arms and legs.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 04:06:30 AM »
even their backs were comparable!!

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 04:07:57 AM »
from the front?!.. no contest!!.. i am saying this with all due respect to lee haney who was the best in his time..

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 04:09:56 AM »
Lee owns Nasser

on the gyno department.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 04:15:36 AM »
Lee owns Nasser

on the gyno department.

i believe gyno is more common among black guys.. not sure, it's just something i notice!!..

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 04:50:12 AM »
It's not really a comparison one can make with any authority.

Haney has always claimed that he got out when they started using HGH. I believe him that he never used.

Nasser took a far different  "stack" to  Haney - much more potent.

What is really salient here is that Haney dominated his era like few others ever have. Nasser was always behind a few guys in his era. He brought a decent 'package' to the stage for a few fleeting years but couldn't maintain it, fucked it up fast, and dropped like a stone. Even at his best, he couldn't beat the better bodybuilders of the time.

He isn't even considered seriously on other boards - it's only because of the activities of his 'fans' on here that he gets elevated to a position his record simply can't justify.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 05:40:05 AM »
Haney's retirement > Nasser's retirement   

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 05:47:21 AM »
no in those pictures nasser owns lee. You gotta love Politics in this sport :-*.
TEAM WOLF

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 07:36:39 AM »
The only oil Haney used was of the posing variety

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2009, 07:40:51 AM »
The only oil Haney used was of the posing variety

why?.. didnt he put some olive oil on his salad??.. ;D

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2009, 07:44:13 AM »
why?.. didnt he put some olive oil on his salad??.. ;D

Low fat dressing

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Nasser dominated the bodybuilding world in his own remarkable style

Mods don't change the title of my thread

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 01:44:58 PM »
It's not really a comparison one can make with any authority.

Haney has always claimed that he got out when they started using HGH. I believe him that he never used.

Nasser took a far different  "stack" to  Haney - much more potent.

What is really salient here is that Haney dominated his era like few others ever have. Nasser was always behind a few guys in his era. He brought a decent 'package' to the stage for a few fleeting years but couldn't maintain it, fucked it up fast, and dropped like a stone. Even at his best, he couldn't beat the better bodybuilders of the time.

He isn't even considered seriously on other boards - it's only because of the activities of his 'fans' on here that he gets elevated to a position his record simply can't justify.

Great post !

Nasser is the most dominate loser of all time lol

EspenG

• Getbig II
  • yawn
This is a stupid comparison. Anyway, Haney was a far greater bb than Nasser, which was good but far from great.

Haney was also a great poser. Nasser was not. Nothing happened when Nasser 'flexed'. Between and before each and every pose he did this annoying 'jump'.... as to set the pose. But nothing happened 'in the muscles'. I remember a columnwriter describing it as a 'block' or something where nothing happened when he flexed - other than the arms moving into different posititons...

Nasser reached a high level - that is for sure. Though, his high-level was really short-lived. I think he started to 'fall' already in early 98 - his Arnold win. His best years - and only two of them - where 96 and 96. Just look at how much better his legs where from those years.

And the way he made a disgrace of himself in his later years... At least Ronnie is not showing up in a competition (not yet). An the oil or whatever...

I tended to like Nasser in those years. But his legacy was destroyed when he started using oil - and is further deteriorated by the so-called Team Nasser. If only you had been keeping to reality and showed some humility and respect for the real champions of the sport. Shalaby has kind of done that - but I am surprised that he/you jumped on the Nasser-bandwagon. I guess it is all a gimmick - for the fun of it...

Also.. to the youngsters.. remember that Haney must be the least photographed champion when you consider he is by many regarded as the greatest. No photoshoped pics there...

One more thing. Haney lived under a different traning regime (as well as drug regime). It was 'pumping' and not brutal intensity. Also, legs were thought not to be too big etc... My point is that if Haney had wanted to mass-out traning- and drugwise - he would've been ..still...awesome

EspenG

• Getbig II
  • yawn
More Haney

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2009, 02:26:22 PM »
Great post !

Nasser is the most dominate loser of all time lol

so why did you make a thread about him before with tons of his pics??.. i believe you named it "for nasser's fans"  ::)

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 02:27:02 PM »
Haney was all back and chest.

Nasser owns him, he had it all, except back.

Nasser only had half a body

EspenG

• Getbig II
  • yawn
Awesome
...Remember that Haney prepared more like they did in the Arnold-era. He 'slipped' of for 5 months or so before he started his prep. Thus he was his biggest - and best - a few days around the competition. That was how many did prepare in those days. Imagine if he'd had bulked like they did in the nineties... Thus he doesn't look that big or impressive when he was off - as in some pics. In competition he was great.

This pics are taken close to a competititon.

EspenG

• Getbig II
  • yawn
Here is a valid comparison of what Nasser would have looked like in a rear latspread next to Lee.

The back of Strydom was kinda like Nasser. Avtually, it was better.

lax

• Getbig IV
Here is a valid comparison of what Nasser would have looked like in a rear latspread next to Lee.

The back of Strydom was kinda like Nasser. Avtually, it was better.

In the Olympia in which Strydom took 5th I believe he weighed only about 225

EspenG

• Getbig II
  • yawn
In comparison - Haney dominated everybody. Standing relaxed he even destroyed Yates.

EspenG

• Getbig II
  • yawn
In the Olympia in which Strydom took 5th I believe he weighed only about 225

It wouldn't matter that much. Remember that Nasser's back was its best at a light weight. His back got worse as he got heavier. It did not get wider - neither in absolute nor in relative terms (wider waist).