Author Topic: Long drive competitions  (Read 4966 times)

The Coach

Re: Long drive competitions
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2009, 09:36:26 PM »
Trust me, the Coach knows jack shit about golf. He lives in a low income gated community in Palm Springs, very cheap and not in a great neighborhood. He just moved there not to long ago. He fails at bodybuilding and believe me, he cannot afford golf. The golf courses in Palm Springs suck. You have to go to La Quinta or Rancho Mirage for the expensive challenging courses. The courses Coach plays on are only 9 holes. It is no wonder the driving range is only 250 yards.hahahahhah  You can bet no pros play there if its 250 yards.  ;D

:-\.....I don't think PGA West is a shitty course. Neither is the Classic Golf Course, neither course is in Palm Springs. BTW, I don't live in Palm Springs.

The Coach

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2009, 09:37:02 PM »

The Coach

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2009, 09:40:21 PM »
STFU You got OWNED midget.

Why is it when people put the word "Big" in front of their name that usually means they're about 6' and 135lbs?

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2009, 09:44:14 PM »
Why is it when people put the word "Big" in front of their name that usually means they're about 6' and 135lbs?

Once again, you're inserting a foot in your mouth.  You sure do like to make assumptions and rush to judgment, don't you Coach? 

The Coach

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2009, 09:45:58 PM »
Once again, you're inserting a foot in your mouth.  You sure do like to make assumptions and rush to judgment, don't you Coach? 

So if someone gives me shit first, I'm the one who gets called out for giving it back??

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2009, 09:47:47 PM »
If thats true bigkubby, thats any awesome score, as a matter of fact, if you did shoot that, that alone would give me incentive to get off here, obtain a sponsor and try at the very least, qualify for the Nationwide Tour.

Relentless, not calling you a lier, but to put things in prospective, Tiger averages 295, Bubba Watson (the longest on tour I believe) averages 320, as a matter today his longest drive was 331 with a sand wedge to the green (about 117 yards). A good way to estimate a drive would be to 1. Either get a yardage device like a Sky Caddy or go to a course where they have GPS in the carts.

My home course has GPS in all carts; I know exactly how far the ball travels.  Thanks for the great piece of advice on something I'm already doing, Coach!

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2009, 09:51:06 PM »
So if someone gives me shit first, I'm the one who gets called out for giving it back??

Coach, who gave you "shit first?"  You are the one who said, "I don't mean to call you a liar, but..."  Didn't anyone tell you that trying to preface something that might be insulting or controversial isn't going to get you off the hook?  You implied that I didn't know what I was talking about.  

You've been posting on this message board for a long time - why can't you keep out of trouble?

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2009, 09:52:02 PM »
oh yea?

"Dropping Loads in Supermodel's Faces!"

- One of the best taglines I've seen on getbig. 

The Coach

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2009, 09:54:45 PM »
Coach, who gave you "shit first?"  You are the one who said, "I don't mean to call you a liar, but..."  Didn't anyone tell you that trying to preface something that might be insulting or controversial isn't going to get you off the hook?  You implied that I didn't know what I was talking about.  

You've been posting on this message board for a long time - why can't you keep out of trouble?

I specifically said "I'm not calling you a lier". Keep out of trouble? I guess because people hate when I tell the truth....I guess.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2009, 09:57:12 PM »
I specifically said "I'm not calling you a lier". Keep out of trouble? I guess because people hate when I tell the truth....I guess.

You just don't get it do you?  By the way, what you consider to be the truth is a subjective reality.  You aren't imparting anything of real value here...just annoying the hell out of other board members. 

The Coach

« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2009, 09:58:59 PM »
You just don't get it do you?  By the way, what you consider to be the truth is a subjective reality.  You aren't imparting anything of real value here...just annoying the hell out of other board members. 

Ironic since no one else is either. Take this thread for example.........

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=279364.0

The Coach

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2009, 10:01:59 PM »

See, look at it this way. When people are wrong, they won't admit it, they'll either get defensive or bitch. Kinda like the left.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2009, 10:03:37 PM »
See, look at it this way. When people are wrong, they won't admit it, they'll either get defensive or bitch. Kinda like the left.

And there's no one on the right who does this? 

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2009, 10:04:40 PM »
:-\.....I don't think PGA West is a shitty course. Neither is the Classic Golf Course, neither course is in Palm Springs. BTW, I don't live in Palm Springs.
the courses in rancho mirage suck penis too you need to go too palm desert , indian wells and la quinta as well as indio thnx i grew up in pga west
i

The Coach

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2009, 10:10:32 PM »
the courses in rancho mirage suck penis too you need to go too palm desert , indian wells and la quinta as well as indio thnx i grew up in pga west

Then you know the Classic is home of the Bob Hope Desert Classic as well as PGA West, right? So you think they are shitty courses?

HotRodMan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2009, 05:39:46 AM »
Driving distance is calculated by the PGA Tour as follows...
"The average number of yards per measured drive. These drives are measured on two holes per round. Care is taken to select two holes which face in opposite directions to counteract the effect of wind. Drives are measured to the point at which they come to rest regardless of whether they are in the fairway or not."  The holes that are selected for measurement are ones that most golfers will elect to use a driver.

the current Top Ten...

1 Bubba Watson    313.8
 2 Robert Garrigus    306.3
 3 Gary Woodland    306.2
T4 5 Angel Cabrera    303.0
T4 8 Nick Watney    303.0
 6 Scott Piercy   302.3
 7 Dustin Johnson  302.2
8  Charley Hoffman    299.7
9  Bill Haas   299.2
T10  Jonathan Byrd   298.5
T10  John Merrick   298.5

I have been a PGA Professional for 33 years, any golfer who claims he averages over 350 yards is probably exaggerating.  However, it is very likely that a golfer with a swing speed in excess of 120 mph can, under the right conditions, occasionally drive the ball more than 350 yards.
Hope this helps.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2009, 06:50:35 AM »
Driving distance is calculated by the PGA Tour as follows...
"The average number of yards per measured drive. These drives are measured on two holes per round. Care is taken to select two holes which face in opposite directions to counteract the effect of wind. Drives are measured to the point at which they come to rest regardless of whether they are in the fairway or not."  The holes that are selected for measurement are ones that most golfers will elect to use a driver.

the current Top Ten...

1 Bubba Watson    313.8
 2 Robert Garrigus    306.3
 3 Gary Woodland    306.2
T4 5 Angel Cabrera    303.0
T4 8 Nick Watney    303.0
 6 Scott Piercy   302.3
 7 Dustin Johnson  302.2
8  Charley Hoffman    299.7
9  Bill Haas   299.2
T10  Jonathan Byrd   298.5
T10  John Merrick   298.5

I have been a PGA Professional for 33 years, any golfer who claims he averages over 350 yards is probably exaggerating.  However, it is very likely that a golfer with a swing speed in excess of 120 mph can, under the right conditions, occasionally drive the ball more than 350 yards.
Hope this helps.

That's exactly right. I do not average 350, but can hit it that distance or greater a couple of times during a round. 

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2009, 06:53:24 AM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2009, 06:56:35 AM »

Those carts are probably in more danger than par on that hole.    :D

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2009, 07:01:16 AM »
Those carts are probably in more danger than par on that hole.    :D
are you implying that nasser would it the ball so far it would go right around the earth and end up hitting the cart due to antarctic winds hitting it slightly off course?

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2009, 07:04:01 AM »
Anybody here like to smash golf balls over 350 yards?

This is the guy who's winning everything right now - 165 lbs.

golf is gay, hope this helps

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2009, 07:04:38 AM »
are you implying that nasser would it the ball so far it would go right around the earth and end up hitting the cart due to antarctic winds hitting it slightly off course?
LOL. No, I was thinking that with his fabled eyesight and strabismus, maybe hitting small objects with a club is not the best activity for him.  

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2009, 07:09:46 AM »
LOL. No, I was thinking that with his fabled eyesight and strabismus, maybe hitting small objects with a club is not the best activity for him.  

NASSER HIJACK!!!

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2009, 03:20:07 PM »
Then you know the Classic is home of the Bob Hope Desert Classic as well as PGA West, right? So you think they are shitty courses?
HELL NO JUST THE COURSES IN RANCHO MIRAGE AND PALM SPRINGS. THOSE COURSES U NAMED ARE SICK CLASSIC CLUB ISD NO LONGER IN THE HOPE THOUGH BUT IM A REGULAR THERE WHEN IM IN THE DESERT
i

The Coach

« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2009, 06:33:40 PM »
They just had the Bob Hope Classic at PGA West a couple of months ago. Pat Perez won it.