Author Topic: $33 Egg Whites redux  (Read 13566 times)

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
Re: $33 Egg Whites redux
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2009, 07:54:35 PM »
Well just what is a fair price exactly? We know that Bob could no way compete with a company that has the resorces to sell to costco, etc, at dirt cheap prices. Their resorces are probably considerably minute in comparison. Also you would factor in the need from them to turn some kind of profit. A 50-100% markup seems reasonable on their part. Though I have no idea what their markup actully is...and I dont suppose that Chick has the balls to tell us, so it is merely speculation on my part.

Generaly speaking...it is always best to support a small busines...especially as it relates to sub-cultures that you may be engaged/involved in.

That said...Egg Whites still suck!

M!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2009, 07:55:29 PM »
bob today i had some eggology egg whites...i think big ron coleman uses them
how do they compare to the egg whites u sell?
w

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2009, 07:57:05 PM »
Well just what is a fair price exactly? We know that Bob could no way compete with a company that has the resorces to sell to costco, etc, at dirt cheap prices. Their resorces are probably considerably minute in comparison. Also you would factor in the need from them to turn some kind of profit. A 50-100% markup seems reasonable on their part. Though I have no idea what their markup actully is...and I dont suppose that Chick has the balls to tell us, so it is merely speculation on my part.

Generaly speaking...it is always best to support a small busines...especially as it relates to sub-cultures that you may be engaged/involved in.

M!

They do suck...thats why we have the product we do...because you can drink them just as easily as cooking them...If I put them in a glass of milk, you would never even know they were there...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2009, 07:58:13 PM »

M!

Again, paying twice as much for the same shit in order to "support" someone is charity, not commerce.  If you want to support Bob, by all means send him your spare change, nothing wrong with that, but call it what it is (and skip the "egg whites").
Ron: "I am lazy."

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2009, 07:58:33 PM »
Well chick...sack up and tell us what exactly is the markup percentage on a container of your Egg Whites....speak on this and you just MIGHT prove Goatboy wrong.

M!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2009, 07:59:49 PM »

Again, paying twice as much for the same shit in order to "support" someone is charity, not commerce.  If you want to support Bob, by all means send him your spare change, nothing wrong with that, but call it what it is (and skip the "egg whites").

Again...you've never tried the product. Let us all in on your ability to make compare products when you've never tried them

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2009, 08:00:57 PM »
Again, paying twice as much for the same shit in order to "support" someone is charity, not commerce.  If you want to support Bob, by all means send him your spare change, nothing wrong with that, but call it what it is (and skip the "egg whites")

I understand your point, but you arent really adressing what I am saying. What exactly is a fair percentage for bob to sell his product in your opinion. You dont really reasonable expect him to be able to sell at the price of something you would see in Wal-Mart do you?

Are you not willing to pay a REASONABLE higher price to support a small business?

M!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2009, 08:01:51 PM »
Well chick...sack up and tell us what exactly is the markup percentage on a container of your Egg Whites....speak on this and you just MIGHT prove Goatboy wrong.

M!

Sorry bro...can't disclose the eggsact amount ;D

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2009, 08:02:08 PM »
Dont ignore this Chick ...speak on this...what is your markup percentage...what is your overhead percentage...what does the net percentage wind up being... netting 50% seems reasonable

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2009, 08:03:05 PM »
Sorry bro...can't disclose the eggsact amount

Translation: We are raping our customers for a 1000% markup....silly bastards! I might afford that new S.U.V. yet!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2009, 08:03:41 PM »
Again...you've never tried the product. Let us all in on your ability to make compare products when you've never tried them

Must I repost the same argument over and over?

1) I can read an ingredients label.  Yours: 100% egg whites.  Theirs: 100% egg whites.  Identical.

2) Chaos has tried your eggs and says they taste like shit. I trust his judgment.

3) Trying to take the sliminess out of egg whites is like trying to take the wetness out of water.

Any questions?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2009, 08:10:13 PM »

Must I repost the same argument over and over?

1) I can read an ingredients label.  Yours: 100% egg whites.  Theirs: 100% egg whites.  Identical.

Same ingredients in wine...guess they're all the same too, right?

2) Chaos has tried your eggs and says they taste like shit. I trust his judgment.

right...that makes sense

3) Trying to take the sliminess out of egg whites is like trying to take the wetness out of water.

Good argument....water IS wet...eggwhites have different textures from raw, to processed, to filtered...if you take the wetness out of water, you have no water....if you take the sliminess out of raw eggs, you have a superior product

Any questions?

Any questions. Brokeboy?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2009, 08:10:35 PM »
I understand your point, but you arent really adressing what I am saying. What exactly is a fair percentage for bob to sell his product in your opinion. You dont really reasonable expect him to be able to sell at the price of something you would see in Wal-Mart do you?

Are you not willing to pay a REASONABLE higher price to support a small business?

M!

Not unless I'm getting something out of it, no.  If wal-mart can sell it profitably for $15/gal, and the best a "small business" can do at a reasonable return on capital is $33/gal, then that small business should not be in business.

If I'm getting some kind of a value-add, like a nicer store, not having to shop with "Wal mart customers", personalized or more knowlegable service, then sure I might pay a bit more (say 10-20% more) for the value-add at a small store, but this is the fuccking internet for christ's sake...  Bob provides no additional value.  A jacked chicken ain't worth an extra $17/gal!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2009, 08:12:20 PM »
Translation: We are raping our customers for a 1000% markup....silly bastards! I might afford that new S.U.V. yet!

QFT!

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2009, 08:15:08 PM »
Dear G o a t b o y,

We, your many fans, have many questions we would like to ask you:

1. What think ye of bodybuilding supplements, particularly the kind peddled unto unsuspecting teenagers by stores like bodybuilding.com?

2. What think ye of Big Dave's recent trip across the pond to London for business, which left him all too mellow and reticent?

3. Would you eat orange chicken out of a fitness competitor's nether regions?

More questions later. The fans want to know!

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2009, 08:15:40 PM »
Well Goat....here is the thing...you have spoken well, but Chick needs to eat too. After all I would hate to see him have to go back to "letting some mild dry humping slide" at the Mirage Hotel.

Its not easy being an athletes rep.

Also...he will be about 10grand lighter after losing a lie-detector test.

M!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2009, 10:42:13 PM »
I like egg whites. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2009, 12:02:57 AM »
I just figured it out....Egg Whites Internationals' secret ingredient is....

PLAZMOSIS!

No wonder the chicken is jacked!
HAHA, RON.....

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2009, 05:33:59 AM »
look at this fella gotaboy,,trying to start a fight with chick when does it ever end with kiddies chick I tell ya,,LISTEN HERE AND LISTEN WELL GATGOY

CHICK SELLS PRODUCT GOOD PRODUCT,,YOU SAY YOU HATE CHAOS YET SAME TIME YOU TRUST JUDGEMENT THAT ITS NASTY YOU PROBABLY ASSUME CHAOS IS ON STEROIDS DUE TO BEONG HOYOGE AND HORMONIZED PRODUCT HIE IS ON  ::) AND THEN YOU BRING MILOS THE DILOS INTO THE EQUATION YOU GOT SOMETHING THERE A BLENDER FULL OF MESS,,,

WHY DO YOU EVEN TRUST MILOS WHO IS SELLING PRODUCT TOO,,NEXT YOU GONNA TELL ME THAT MILOS POST,,PRE,,INTRA, WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS HELP YOU GAIN 30LBS OF MUSCLE LEAN WITH NO HORMONIZE HA HA HA,,,YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL BEFORE YOU GET SCHOOLED BY CHICK AS FOR MILOS,,,NEVER TRUST YOU AGAIN AFTER 2005 YOU BAD FOR BODBYBUILDING FELLA,,

pjaffe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2009, 08:27:28 AM »
Bob,

your argument of 1 ingredient = 1 ingredient just doesn't hold water.  There is absolutely nothing unique about the production of egg whites vs. wine or scotch.

You are going to tell me that the process that involves creating a 25 year old Macallan is the same as Canadian Mist?  An egg is an egg is an egg.....

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2009, 05:35:03 PM »
look at this fella gotaboy,,trying to start a fight with chick when does it ever end with kiddies chick I tell ya,,LISTEN HERE AND LISTEN WELL GATGOY

CHICK SELLS PRODUCT GOOD PRODUCT,,YOU SAY YOU HATE CHAOS YET SAME TIME YOU TRUST JUDGEMENT THAT ITS NASTY YOU PROBABLY ASSUME CHAOS IS ON STEROIDS DUE TO BEONG HOYOGE AND HORMONIZED PRODUCT HIE IS ON  ::) AND THEN YOU BRING MILOS THE DILOS INTO THE EQUATION YOU GOT SOMETHING THERE A BLENDER FULL OF MESS,,,

WHY DO YOU EVEN TRUST MILOS WHO IS SELLING PRODUCT TOO,,NEXT YOU GONNA TELL ME THAT MILOS POST,,PRE,,INTRA, WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS HELP YOU GAIN 30LBS OF MUSCLE LEAN WITH NO HORMONIZE HA HA HA,,,YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL BEFORE YOU GET SCHOOLED BY CHICK AS FOR MILOS,,,NEVER TRUST YOU AGAIN AFTER 2005 YOU BAD FOR BODBYBUILDING FELLA,,

Speaking of school, perhaps you might consider returning for your GED?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2009, 07:44:08 PM »
i'd spend 5 bucks to try a product not 33, i'm cheap

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2009, 07:57:52 PM »
i'd spend 5 bucks to try a product not 33, i'm cheap

I bought some and it taste like shit. $33 that could have went to the titty bar  ;D
D

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2009, 08:03:16 PM »
I could go buy a dozen eggs from a local farmer and not pay double what the supermarket is charging.

Oh that's right...  I'm being gouged for them allegedly running the egg white through a strainer a couple of times.

Hey you want a smooth texture? Whip the egg white for a bit before you drink them.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2009, 08:21:45 PM »

Goatboy, what is he trying to say? I have read it three times and still confuses me.
D