Author Topic: my gift to you.....clips of a true legend you probably never heard of  (Read 2633 times)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
time for old JNN to introduce you all to mike quakenbush

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
haha

judging by the number of replies i can tell that you marks don't know anything about expanding your horizons, in terms of your wrestling watching

keep on watching "new york", marks

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
I don’t follow ROH, or much of any of today’s product really.
He’s talented, no doubt, at least with the acrobatics.
He reminds me of a lucha without the mask.
Again, talented at what he does…

In the clips above I see a bunch of high spots.
There’s a lot of guys that do high spots.
Few guys know how to make them count and actually mean something because few know how to tell a story within the match.
Not following MQ, I don’t know where he falls in the scheme of that.

Talented guy who, like many, could probably find some work in Japan throughout the year.
With his style, look, and physique – I don’t know anything about his mic work, character, etc. – I don’t know that he offers the total package to go mainstream.

I see him working small venues in front of 100 or less, which looks like the rulenot the exception.
It’s unfortunate that such a talented guy would go so unnoticed among so many, as most “marks” will likely never know him beyond his writings in PWI.

Doesn’t mean he isn’t good.
It just illustrates why so many very talented workers never make it to the big time and why it is difficult to generate discussion about them on a message board.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
He looks talented, very good timing, and he loves the modified arm drags!

Problem is, like Montague said, it depends on the other aspects of ability.  All the talent in the world is great, but if he's got the charisma of a brick, then he's not gonna go anywhere.

I'd like to see more of him, to see what else he's got to offer.  One point though, there are probably only a handful of guys in the WWE who could keep up with that kind of pace, maybe CM Punk, Rey, or John Morrison?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Not a fan of the lucha style.  Way to over choreographed for me, but to each his own.

That soundtrack was a rockin' !!

mass 04

• Getbig V

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Not a fan of the lucha style.  Way to over choreographed for me, but to each his own.

time for old JNN to introduce you all to mike quakenbush

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
ive been on a couple of shows with quack and he is one of the most innovative wrestlers ive ever seen.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
ive been on a couple of shows with quack and he is one of the most innovative wrestlers ive ever seen.

Ruffneck, I saw a great interiew/shoot with Tracy Smothers and he talked about a varied card of all styles of wrestling being important.  too much of any one thing is not good. 

mass 04

• Getbig V