Author Topic: Interesting Randy Orton Interview  (Read 1771 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Interesting Randy Orton Interview
« on: May 15, 2009, 08:29:04 AM »
(Source prowrestling.com)

In a recent interview with The Sun, Randy Orton gives his take on his match with Triple H at WrestleMania XXV, punting Vince McMahon in the head, why Manu was booted from Legacy and ultimately released from WWE, which wrestler he would add to Legacy, and much more. Here are the highlights:

If he thought about going easy on Vince McMahon when punting him in the head: "Did you see that kick to Vince? It didn't look like anything was pulled did it? They replayed that thing from every angle and he definitely ate a big piece of my boot. When I'm kicking Vince in the head, if it doesn’t look good on live TV, people are going to think: "Oh, he didn't want to kick him too hard because, deep down inside, Orton knows that is his boss so he took it easy on him." So I did the opposite. I kicked him harder."

On his match with Triple H at WrestleMania XXV not living up to expectations: "This was a storyline where Triple H needed retribution. He needed to beat the living p*** out of me because of what I did. I handcuffed him and made him watch while I beat up his wife and then kissed her while she was unconscious. Then to top it off after I do that, I knock him out with a sledgehammer to the head. I kick his father-in-law in the skull and put him in the hospital, and do the same to his brother-in-law. I think when all that happens and then you have this match where he can't be disqualified or he loses the title, you kind of screw yourself. We were not able to do everything that the other guys were able to do. Matt and Jeff Hardy had a hardcore no-holds-barred match. They were able to use all the bells and whistles to beat the hell out of each other. Everyone was expecting Triple H and I to do the same, but we had rules that put a fence around everything we were able to do. We weren't able to go to the extreme. If anything hurt us, it was that."

If he tried to talk Vince McMahon into changing the rules of the match: "No, because I was happy with the match. I really was. The crowd in the arena had seen three and half hours of wrestling and, not only that, they had seen some very good wrestling. Shawn Michaels and Undertaker put on a hell of a performance, the Money In The Bank match was crazy and a lot of guys did some death-defying manoeuvres. When you do that and then you have this match with two guys who can't be outside of the ring for more than 10 seconds, you kinda screw yourself. You’ve backed yourself into a corner where it's going to be hard to outperform the matches that went before you. I think our storyline and what our match was all about deserved to be the main-event match on WrestleMania. But I think that the restraints and stipulations around the match made it harder on us than it should have been."

Orton acknowledging the segment of the wrestling fan population who have grown tired of Triple H: "Yes, there is that minority of people out there who have seen enough of Triple H. I've had fans come up to me and beg: "Please kick Triple H in the head." He's a huge babyface, probably the ultimate babyface. But no matter what the character is, there's always going to be that smart group of people who want to see the guy on top shot down. Just like right now there’s probably guys telling Batista to beat the hell out of me this Sunday at Judgment Day."

He also added: "I want everything I do in the ring to be as crisp and as perfect as humanely possible. I calculate my movements to where it's going to be the best for that moment. So when I kicked Vince in the head, the only thing going through my mind was: "I'm going to kick this b*****d in the skull as hard as I can. Here we go. I've been waiting for this one!"

Why Manu was booted from Legacy — and ultimately, WWE: "Manu had some respect issues. There are a lot of different reasons he wasn't good for Legacy, but the reason he's not with the company anymore had a lot to do with his backstage attitude. His father was the great Afa, of the Wild Samoans, and Manu had been in the ring since his early teens. Now, in his early 20s, technically he's been in the ring for more than a decade - but not really. Really he'd only been in the business a month by the time I knew him. He carried himself like he had been in the business for 15 years. He thought he knew everything. He thought he deserved a first-class seat when we went overseas. He thought he didn’t have to pick up in the lockeroom after the show was over, like the new guys do. He didn't feel like he had to pay his dues, because he'd already paid them. What he doesn't understand is that wrestling once a week for 10 years doesn't count. When wrestling is all you do, when everyone in the world knows who you are and you've held titles and main-evented PPVs – that's when you start to get to the point where you might deserve a little something extra. I don't think he applied himself in the gym or when it came to his diet. He just thought: "Hey, my dad is Afa, the Wild Samoan, so I get a job. I deserve to be here." He just didn't get it."

If he would add a fourth member to Legacy: "If someone came to me and said we need another guy in this group, I would go with Harry (Smith). Right now though, I think we're fine. I feel like everything is running its course. It's going smooth."

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Interesting Randy Orton Interview
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 09:00:07 AM »
no offense, but i don't think Orton is in any position to talk about Manu and his backstage behavior. It seems like he has matured in and out of the ring though.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 09:04:12 AM »
Why Manu was booted from Legacy — and ultimately, WWE: "Manu had some respect issues. There are a lot of different reasons he wasn't good for Legacy, but the reason he's not with the company anymore had a lot to do with his backstage attitude. His father was the great Afa, of the Wild Samoans, and Manu had been in the ring since his early teens. Now, in his early 20s, technically he's been in the ring for more than a decade - but not really. Really he'd only been in the business a month by the time I knew him. He carried himself like he had been in the business for 15 years. He thought he knew everything. He thought he deserved a first-class seat when we went overseas. He thought he didn’t have to pick up in the lockeroom after the show was over, like the new guys do. He didn't feel like he had to pay his dues, because he'd already paid them. What he doesn't understand is that wrestling once a week for 10 years doesn't count. When wrestling is all you do, when everyone in the world knows who you are and you've held titles and main-evented PPVs – that's when you start to get to the point where you might deserve a little something extra. I don't think he applied himself in the gym or when it came to his diet. He just thought: "Hey, my dad is Afa, the Wild Samoan, so I get a job. I deserve to be here." He just didn't get it."

I wonder if Rock was still with the Fed if things would’ve been a little bit different.

Still, it’s good to see that even the arms of nepotism have a limited reach.
It may help you get your foot in the door, but if you can't pull your weight you're out!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »
no offense, but i don't think Orton is in any position to talk about Manu and his backstage behavior. It seems like he has matured in and out of the ring though.
Exactly. Pot calling the kettle black there. Orton was a menace backstage when he came to the wwe and he's been known to harrass the diva's not to mention trashing hotel rooms when on the road, etc. If anyone needs a tune up it's Orton.