Author Topic: The Animal Dave Batista  (Read 3141 times)

cheftim

• Getbig III
The Animal Dave Batista
« on: May 14, 2009, 11:06:03 AM »

Chef Timmy needs help here. Can someone please show me the light and explain to me how this guy isn't the worst Wrestler wrestling today? I mean besides his body that is covered by the dumbest tats I've ever seen. Whats good about this guy? He's just a big sweaty block head with zero agility and wrestling skill. His mic skills have got to be the worst as well. Zero charisma. And now especially since his return he's bigger then ever. What do they announce him as 290? The only time he ever looks good is because of his opponent selling him. Other then that I've never been impressed. Not even once. Anyone here a fan of him?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: The Animal Dave Batista
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 06:25:38 PM »
He has seemed very awkward and clumsy recently, evern more so than before.  I've never rated him as a wrestler although I think he does have some charisma.  He's not great on the mic, but he's not the first to not let that hold him back.

Unfortunately, my gf thinks he's awesome, so my opinion on him is usually ignored.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 08:25:14 PM »
I really cannot answer that, Timmy.
The only thing I know for sure about the man is that he is a prime example of WWE’s wellness/drug policy in full effect.

TheLuke is even trying to get Batista to do a special guest Q&A on the “Natural” board.

;)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 03:58:46 AM »
Batista is just a body. Just like Hogan, Hercules Hernadez, Warrior and others before his time. He made his money based on how he looks as it is a well known fact that McMahon like big guys. He can't wrestle and he only does high impact moves like a spear, a powerbomb or a spine buster. All looks and the crowd loves him.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 06:12:17 AM »
You’re right.
Hogan at least had a kick-ass character.
Warrior had a character.
Herc was…well…Herc.

Batista has an impressive physique, and the fact that the man has enough athletic ability to do even ring basics is commendable.
But there’s nothing exceptional about his ring and/or mic work.
And as far as character…
Dave is…well…Dave.

So I also agree with Timmy.
And Playboy’s comparison to Hercules is spot on – at least in the abilities dept.
The only thing I can think of is maybe the guy is in good with the brass – makes his bookings, shows up on time, doesn’t complain, etc.

Of course I could be wrong.
All I know is Herc Hernandez never got this kind of push...

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 09:01:54 AM »
He is what he is, a big guy who performs one or two impact moves and not much else. I'm not really a fan but im not expecting him to do moonsaults and cross bodies.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 12:40:33 PM »
He is what he is, a big guy who performs one or two impact moves and not much else. I'm not really a fan but im not expecting him to do moonsaults and cross bodies.
The crowd loves him and thats all it takes to become a star. Look at Cena. His wrestling ability stinks. But because the crowd loves him he is successfull.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 02:09:27 PM »
All torn hamstring....he's out for awhile from what I read.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 02:52:56 PM »
All torn hamstring....he's out for awhile from what I read.
He's been back for a few weeks already.