Author Topic: How Would this Physique Rate in a 2009 IFBB Pro Contest?  (Read 3855 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: How Would this Physique Rate in a 2009 IFBB Pro Contest?
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 01:32:41 PM »
true but on that day he looked smooth and small.
F

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 02:02:50 PM »
true but on that day he looked smooth and small.
I'm sure he did look smooth because he wasn't competing on that day.  Even Dexter, Jay, or any other pro lack the conditioning of the competitors at the amateur shows at which they guest pose (assuming it's a good show).  The difference is that in Zane's era pros didn't get 40lbs overweight and look fat in the offseason, so it is not a surprise that Zane didn't look as big the comptetitors at that show.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2009, 02:56:41 PM »
lol.

you kidding?

zane wouldn't place top 10 at the Nationals.

You have very little knowledge

you see
but you do not 'see'

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2009, 02:58:15 PM »
i was at the 1978 mr eastern america contest won by robert reis. zane was a quest poser, top 10 of that show blew zane away size wise and condition and frank was the reigning mr o.

Guest posing con dition vs contest condition
I saw Reis also compete
was mediocre...not good enough to go pro
so
cannot really compare to Zane

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2009, 02:59:38 PM »
That is a good point.  How tall was Zane?  One of the qualities of Paris was his height.  For instance, Labrada had many of the same qualities, however, his height put him at a disadvantage.  I guess my point is that Benfatto definitely had a great physique, but wasn't he ultra short like Labrada?  I totally agree that pre-synthol Milos's physique carried the "statuesque" torch.  Of the current competitors, who carries said torch?  Sadly I can't think of anyone  :( 

good post
zane was 5'9" when he competed
I trained with him a few years ago...he is obviously older...and somewhat shorter

HeartofSteel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 04:34:49 PM »
Bob is what bodybuilding should be all about! If he were to compete this day I have no doubt he would do extremely well. He's got $ written all over him. No gut- great color and skin- great symmetry- enough size (225-235) and he's articulate.
You gotta have HeartofSteel

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2009, 04:40:31 PM »
Bob is what bodybuilding should be all about! If he were to compete this day I have no doubt he would do extremely well. He's got $ written all over him. No gut- great color and skin- great symmetry- enough size (225-235) and he's articulate.
That sums it up  :)

alnassak

• Getbig IV
  • مـشـتـآق لـك مـوت يـآلـي طـول غـيـآبـك
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2009, 01:43:41 AM »
To me this is what a Mr. Olympia should represent - a physique that is well-balanced, well-presented, statuesque, and seemingly healthy.  I realize that many of Paris's qualities, e.g. structure, shape, symmetry are genetic, however, this type of physique is much more inspirational and motivational to me than someone who is 45lbs overweight 90% of the year sporting a 40 inch waist and a gut.

Well said  ;)

100% with you  8)
Corvette Lover

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2009, 02:12:59 AM »
If Paris was competing in the current era, he would have been more up to date being in size and strength.

I read in a Weider magazine that Bob would deadlift 585 for reps even during his contest diet.  If this is the case, he was definitely pretty strong.

That is a good point.  How tall was Zane?  One of the qualities of Paris was his height.  For instance, Labrada had many of the same qualities, however, his height put him at a disadvantage.  I guess my point is that Benfatto definitely had a great physique, but wasn't he ultra short like Labrada?  I totally agree that pre-synthol Milos's physique carried the "statuesque" torch.  Of the current competitors, who carries said torch?  Sadly I can't think of anyone  :( 

Troy Alves.

good post
zane was 5'9" when he competed
I trained with him a few years ago...he is obviously older...and somewhat shorter

???

Tell me how much shorter.  I am Zane's competitive height and don't want to get any shorter.  He will be 67 this year and I find it nothing short of TERRIFYING to learn that he has lost height with age.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2009, 03:19:50 AM »
Zane beat the living hell outta those side delts to create the illusion of width. His side caps are still the envy of bodybuilders. He says he can barely move his delts because of all the overuse and excess.

He felt that the appearance of the side delts was one of the most important aspects of a complete physique. If he had it to do all over again, he would have used less weight, more pump, and taken more rest.

TruthHurts

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2009, 03:22:08 AM »
they want the freaks