Author Topic: Flair wants to wrestle again  (Read 12385 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Flair wants to wrestle again
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2009, 08:35:18 PM »
Bad example Playboy. You cannot compare Ric Flair to anyone. I never watched Race until he came up North. By then he was a fat old man. He didn't appeal to a 14 year old Chef to be Timmy. Without I don't know anything about his past career. Just about his federation days. I don't think he did too bad in the WWE. He had Bobby as a manager and he was the King which was kinda prestigious during that time period. So what if he had a pie fight with Duggan.

Harley worked all over the place in the 70’s and early 80’s.
HUGE runs in NWA and Japan.
He had a great deal of respect from a lot of the boys – also had a reputation for drinking…a lot…even before TV tapings.

He was drunk at the ‘87 Slammy’s when he crashed into Hillbilly Jim's farm animal set and started chasing after some of the chickens.
And during his crowning ceremony he tripped and fell, catapulting Lord Littlebrook – the midget holding the end of his robe – out of the ring. He bent his crown and was bleeding from the head, but got up and tried to carry on all serious.
He was a lot of fun, but very respected.

I don’t know what kind of promoter he was, but I know he caused some problems for WWF when they came to the KC area for shows. Race would try to sabotage the venue, etc.
So there’s always been some speculation that Vince later put Harley in some stupid programs as sort of an act of revenge.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2009, 01:33:54 AM »
I saw Flair once live at a house show, and he was amazing.  Just the way he moved was so entertaining.  Oh yeah, did he mention he was just managing Triple H at the time, and he didn't even say anything!  Truly talented. 

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2009, 02:20:11 AM »
Harley Race was huge in St. Louis when he was on Wrestling at the Chase.  That was early to mid 70's though. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2009, 04:23:55 AM »
I saw Flair once live at a house show, and he was amazing.  Just the way he moved was so entertaining.  Oh yeah, did he mention he was just managing Triple H at the time, and he didn't even say anything!  Truly talented. 
You would enjoy the horsemen DVD and the Ric Flair triple disk DVD. They are by far the best wrestling DVD's I bought and the biography and stories are amazing.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2009, 09:24:14 AM »
I'm gonna go and get them. The only ones I have is the Undertaker and HBK discs. They both rock.
You'll truly enjoy them. There is alot revealed on both regarding back stage politics, etc. They are both well done and the best dvd's out there.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2009, 02:44:52 PM »
From Prowrestling.net

Ric Flair is expected to re-sign with WWE and resume the role of ambassador, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Flair gave up that position to work independently 10 months ago because he felt he could make more money working outside the company. He will be making his advertised non-WWE bookings, but it's unclear whether he will still return to the ring
on the proposed overseas tour that he had been negotiating.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2009, 02:47:37 PM »
The guy is going to stay in wrestling until the day he dies. The fans will always accept him. Not dissing on Nature Boy here. Whats everyone think here? Is he broke, does he just live for the business, or is it both?

He likes the high life, and the high life costs money.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2009, 05:09:05 AM »
Is he broke, does he just live for the business, or is it both?

I don’t know much at all about Flair’s personal business, but I believe I’ve read (maybe here) that he filed for bankruptcy years ago.

Either way, yes; I believe he loves the business.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2009, 04:05:01 AM »
I don’t know much at all about Flair’s personal business, but I believe I’ve read (maybe here) that he filed for bankruptcy years ago.

Either way, yes; I believe he loves the business.
He is far from broke. He was making 500,000 plus for two decades. He just went through two recent divorces and until his recent divorce is final his assets are locked. He's loaded. Don't kid yourself.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2009, 05:50:51 AM »
It’s not just about how much you make, but also how much you spend vs. how much you save.

Divorces – especially multiple ones – take a heavy toll as well.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2009, 07:56:42 AM »
It’s not just about how much you make, but also how much you spend vs. how much you save.

Divorces – especially multiple ones – take a heavy toll as well.

Good point. I'm sure the nature boy has a load of cash tucked away in a private bank. These guys are smart. They have personal investors, agents, etc.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2009, 02:51:23 PM »
They have personal investors, agents, etc.

The smart ones do.
The ones who make that kind of money and have nothing to show for it in their later years are pathetic.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2009, 04:09:10 AM »
The smart ones do.
The ones who make that kind of money and have nothing to show for it in their later years are pathetic.
Lugar is a prime example of that.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2009, 06:06:58 AM »
ESPECIALLY those WCW guys from about the Jim Herd era on...
And once Bischoff took over Turner’s checkbook…

C’mon! 

Don’t expect me to feel sorry for your stupid ass.

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2009, 05:59:45 PM »
He may be able to still tell a DECENT story at best but wrestling better than 90 percent of the guys already there??? Dont make me laugh.