Author Topic: Creatine Capsules - What do you think?  (Read 3740 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: Creatine Capsules - What do you think?
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 09:35:42 PM »
hahaha

taking any creatine is better than nothing..

and those that think creatine is pointless... a basic A'N'P class might be worth sitting in from time to time. Especially when it comes to the muscles and how they produce power in two seperate phases.

ScottWelch

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 08:12:43 PM »
Creatine is the most effective performance enhancing supplement of all time. Pills are portable but overpriced, stick with powder.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 08:22:47 PM »
i took pills a while ago lol it seemed like i had to take like 15 pills to get 10 grams, i agree i buy labrada creatine by itself for like 15 bucks and that shit last me like 2 months.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 08:52:58 PM »
The purple pills(Kre-Alkylyn) is the only creatine I take now when I do take it. I've taken various forms on and off since 1995, and Kre-Alkylyn is by far the best, not even a contest. The only thing is, you need to take 5-6 grams a day to really feal it, and they usually recommend 2-3. GetitonNY (I think thats his member name) always sings its praises and would be a good person to PM for better info. Hope this helps :)

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 09:11:44 PM »
I have taken all forms of creatine.
Powder back when it was a sand consistency back in 1999
Powder as a finely ground powder, taken just a couple months ago
Liquid form ( comes in small bottle of which you use an eye dropper to measure some of which you put under you tounge )
Caps ( powder in small capsules ).

The original powders or sand as it more accurately represented, caused lots of bloating and water retention.  But they took me from 165 lbs to 190 lbs in two weeks, and yes my lifts and endurance did go up.  I feel it was a nice phycological boost, as it helped me break a plateau.  Not sure if they make creatine in this form anymore

Liquid worked, and caused much less water retention, but unlike the power that would stay in your system for up to a month.  The gains by the liquid were short lived. and when you quick taking it, they would fade within a week.

Finely ground powder that is most common today seems to cause less bloating that the original, and mixes well.  If you can tolerate the taste and texture, go with powder, as its the most cost effective form of creatine.

Pills are fine for convinence, and they do work.  Even as well as powder in my opinion, but they are much more expensive per serving.  If you are having trouble getting your creatine down, the pills are great.

All forms in my experience work, just keep in mind that all creatine does is increase water retention in your cells, making you look and feel bigger, this can give you a phycological edge in the gym and motivate you, but when you stop taking, you will shrink back down.  The different forms of creatine are more for convinence and the more expensive ones are IMO for people who want the status of paying more for products.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 01:25:10 PM »
I have taken all forms of creatine.
Powder back when it was a sand consistency back in 1999
Powder as a finely ground powder, taken just a couple months ago
Liquid form ( comes in small bottle of which you use an eye dropper to measure some of which you put under you tounge )
Caps ( powder in small capsules ).

The original powders or sand as it more accurately represented, caused lots of bloating and water retention.  But they took me from 165 lbs to 190 lbs in two weeks, and yes my lifts and endurance did go up.  I feel it was a nice phycological boost, as it helped me break a plateau.  Not sure if they make creatine in this form anymore

Liquid worked, and caused much less water retention, but unlike the power that would stay in your system for up to a month.  The gains by the liquid were short lived. and when you quick taking it, they would fade within a week.

Finely ground powder that is most common today seems to cause less bloating that the original, and mixes well.  If you can tolerate the taste and texture, go with powder, as its the most cost effective form of creatine.

Pills are fine for convinence, and they do work.  Even as well as powder in my opinion, but they are much more expensive per serving.  If you are having trouble getting your creatine down, the pills are great.

All forms in my experience work, just keep in mind that all creatine does is increase water retention in your cells, making you look and feel bigger, this can give you a phycological edge in the gym and motivate you, but when you stop taking, you will shrink back down.  The different forms of creatine are more for convinence and the more expensive ones are IMO for people who want the status of paying more for products.
Thanks great info I'm taking the capsules now, seem to be working well. The capsules are 3.5 after loading for maintenance what is your experience with daily intake 5-7?

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009, 12:00:47 AM »
I didn't load up, I just took 2 pills / day, and normally right before bed.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 11:04:52 AM »
imho you don't need to load up on creatine.. just time when you take it.. your body will hold onto it for a few hours but if it doesn't go to use it will revert back to it's homeostatic balance (whatever numbers your bodies levels fall in..different from person to person) and toss it out. You tend to only make maximal use of creatine during HEAVY lifting but it's beneficial for all lifters as a whole...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 04:29:25 PM »
I didn't load up, I just took 2 pills / day, and normally right before bed.
Thanks I have been vanadyl with it as well vanadyl has a insulin effect its working well stronger every workout.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 04:31:30 PM »
imho you don't need to load up on creatine.. just time when you take it.. your body will hold onto it for a few hours but if it doesn't go to use it will revert back to it's homeostatic balance (whatever numbers your bodies levels fall in..different from person to person) and toss it out. You tend to only make maximal use of creatine during HEAVY lifting but it's beneficial for all lifters as a whole...
Great tip thanks, it definately helps getting stronger everyday I'm taking it with vanadyl as well it has insulin response.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 04:40:45 PM »
haha gotta love the whole don't take creatine just use steroids mentality.that's like goin into a bar and wanting a beer and the bar tender saying here use this heroin it work's much better.
DAWG

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 04:42:45 PM »
haha gotta love the whole don't take creatine just use steroids mentality.that's like goin into a bar and wanting a beer and the bar tender saying here use this heroin it work's much better.
Nice point it works without the side effects