Author Topic: The Making of The Long Road to Compete 2005 -2007  (Read 764914 times)

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: The Making of The Long Road to Compete 2005 -2007
« Reply #2275 on: March 28, 2006, 11:00:51 AM »

Here's a freebie, I wouldn't have him take so many shakes in.  That's the only Freebie you get. Let's see some of that 5k, and I'll give up some more info  (you can even play it off as your own).

No shit dumbass, but Mike himself will tell you how hard it is for him to eat.Not that I have to explain a F'ing thing to you wiseass, but I have told Mike on several occasions I did not want him to live on shakes ,but thats better than not getting enough protein. What am suppose to do force-feed him?, If you would have asked instead of being a know-it-all-ass-hole I would have told you. Where were you when Mike decided to do the show? Did you offer to help w/your vast knowledge? No , you just want to sit back & be a F'ing know-it-all & proclaim your so called "greatness". I offered to help Mike & explained to him that I was far from being an "expert" unlike yourself. All I had to go by is what I've done to prepare for shows.All the other guys who have competed like MS, Freak & Colossus,ect.have all been supportive,except you the "Joe Weider "of the board. I said your an asshole & I stand by that.Just a thought, I'll be with Mike at the show June 10th if you'd like to meet me & discuss this on a more personal level.I do not mean this as an internet threat, I told you before,unlike yourself, I do not know everything,but I am willing to listen to anyone who has such  "unfathomable Knowledge" such as yourself, ass-lick. Like I keep stating as far as I'm concerned your just a F'ing know-it-all wannabe.

Bast175

« Reply #2276 on: March 28, 2006, 11:03:39 AM »

yea............i have lost some strength
(not all that much tho)

this being my first show and all, i really wanna come in condition
if i sacrifice a lil muscle in the process that's OK
it's all a learning process
i feel like it's "The Road To Becoming A Man"....not "The Road To Compete"

Now you're beginning to what what it's like to be 'carb depleted'  haha.  Don't worry your muscle fullness and strength will spike back up once you increase carbs to a good amount.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #2277 on: March 28, 2006, 11:22:14 AM »
thanks for the tips.................

and the continued support!!

MIKE

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #2278 on: March 28, 2006, 11:28:02 AM »

Because LLES has his body in a catabolic state. 

Unfortunatly (without being a smartass) that's exactly whats happening. He started out at 300lbs and is 240lbs with 11 weeks to go. LLES, you cannot expect someone to be in this state for so long with still 11 weeks to go, he's sacrificing too much muscle. You need to load him up once in a while (at least once a week) or his metabolism will come to a stop and start using muscle for energy (like it's doing now). Losing 85-90lbs for a show after someone's been training for 10+ years is not realistic.....he holds more muscle than that!!

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2279 on: March 28, 2006, 11:51:20 AM »
Unfortunatly (without being a smartass) that's exactly whats happening. He started out at 300lbs and is 240lbs with 11 weeks to go. LLES, you cannot expect someone to be in this state for so long with still 11 weeks to go, he's sacrificing too much muscle. You need to load him up once in a while (at least once a week) or his metabolism will come to a stop and start using muscle for energy (like it's doing now). Losing 85-90lbs for a show after someone's been training for 10+ years is not realistic.....he holds more muscle than that!!

Tell me when he was 300? Mike started around the 270 mark & all he did for the first couple of weeks was clean up his diet. I understand what your saying, but he's lost around 30lbs not 60. Also ,I'm not continuously holding his carbs down, he's suppose to bring them up  at least twice a week right now. I'm looking at Mike in person about once a week or every 2wks right now to see how he's looking & change up if & when needed .When he gets 8wks out ,I will see him once a week minimum to monitor him more closely.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2280 on: March 28, 2006, 11:59:28 AM »
Wow, just took a stroll through this thread. What a difference you have made Mike; the loss of weight has made your face strikingly different. Well done on all the hard work you have done to get to this point, as well as sacrificing all that tastes good (an effort that is beyond me  ;)). Best for the tough upcoming weeks and show'em that us older guys have still got something under the hood. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #2281 on: March 28, 2006, 12:04:07 PM »

Intense, I was the one who was actually close to 300 before I competed.  Was up around 280 and dieted for 9 months.  Not really dieting strict for 9 months, but the first half or so I just cleaned up my diet just like Larry is doing with Mike.  I think Mike's gonna fill out more as he gets closer to the show. 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #2282 on: March 28, 2006, 12:06:55 PM »

Tell me when he was 300? Mike started around the 270 mark & all he did for the first couple of weeks was clean up his diet. I understand what your saying, but he's lost around 30lbs not 60. Also ,I'm not continuously holding his carbs down, he's suppose to bring them up  at least twice a week right now. I'm looking at Mike in person about once a week or every 2wks right now to see how he's looking & change up if & when needed .When he gets 8wks out ,I will see him once a week minimum to monitor him more closely.

LOL...this thread is 37 pages long, but I thought I remember Mike (or maybe someone else) saying he was around 300 when he started. And I didn't realize he was cycling his carb intake...sorry, I haven't been following this everyday. Unlike some of the clowns on here I want to see Mike do well!

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2283 on: March 28, 2006, 12:28:36 PM »
It's very difficult to make any judgements on Mike's condition from the pics.  Not only is the lighting shitty on most of them, but the angles/lighting vary greatly on the comparison pics.  So, since LLES is the only one seeing him in person, he's the onlyone who can make any real assesments.  

I would continue hard & fast on the low carbs & cardio until about 8 weeks out.  At that point maybe back of cardio & up carbs for 1-2 weeks to get a rebound, get some muscle back and still have 5-6 weeks to burn remaining fat before the show.  Just a thought...

On different note, Weed - who is the guy with Jay in the pic you posted.  I swear I've seen him before...  

That's exactly what I want to do MS. Depending on his condition at the time (8wks out)& how well he sticks to his diet.

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #2284 on: March 28, 2006, 12:33:50 PM »
It's very difficult to make any judgements on Mike's condition from the pics.  Not only is the lighting shitty on most of them, but the angles/lighting vary greatly on the comparison pics.  So, since LLES is the only one seeing him in person, he's the onlyone who can make any real assesments.  

I would continue hard & fast on the low carbs & cardio until about 8 weeks out.  At that point maybe back of cardio & up carbs for 1-2 weeks to get a rebound, get some muscle back and still have 5-6 weeks to burn remaining fat before the show.  Just a thought...

On different note, Weed - who is the guy with Jay in the pic you posted.  I swear I've seen him before...  

I have no idea. He is on bodybuilding.com's website under their Arnold 2006 expo pictures (2nd page). 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2285 on: March 28, 2006, 01:15:10 PM »
Hey, Steak N Shake will only have the White Chocolate Sundae Shakes until April.  Mike has to live, you know.

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2286 on: March 28, 2006, 01:18:40 PM »
Hey, Steak N Shake will only have the White Chocolate Sundae Shakes until April.  Mike has to live, you know.

Now that was not nice at all Rob. Have some mercy on the man.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #2287 on: March 28, 2006, 01:55:52 PM »
Hey Mike - what's this shit about you drinking shakes.  Come on man.  There is someone out there right now getting ready for your show who could be training, dieting & resting harder.  Are you gonna let that happen!?  Stick to the game plan biatch!

eliminate all protein shakes?
(im down to just 1 in the middle of the night now,the rest of my protein intake comes from solid food)

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #2288 on: March 28, 2006, 02:40:54 PM »
Agree with Mindspin here.  Also, just my opinion, but there is no need to be only taking 32 grams of carbs right now.  Unless you are on some carb cycle and this is a low day.  I wouldn't maintain my carbs this low, this far out.
W

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2289 on: March 28, 2006, 09:35:20 PM »
Are there dangerous effects to being in ketosis for 4-6 months?

Mike is in that zone, right? zero to 9 grams of carbs a day-- his brain burns more calories than that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Bast175

« Reply #2291 on: March 28, 2006, 10:12:53 PM »
ketosis will screw your metabolism up.   You can check if you're in ketosis with 'keto sticks' that can be bought at a pharmacy.

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #2292 on: March 28, 2006, 10:15:24 PM »
Ok, something simple - Where are Mike's electrolytes?  Seriously?

BigRed

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2293 on: March 29, 2006, 09:24:31 AM »
I don't know as much about contest dieting as MS or LLES but that doesn't look like much food for a man of Mike's size. He is going to loose too much lean body mass with his cals that low. Why not add some green vegetables as well. I would ave him eating egg whites and spinage rather than the protein alone. This would help is body digest and use that protein and it well make him feel a lot better. I also agree that he needs some more healthy fats.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #2294 on: March 29, 2006, 02:19:10 PM »
Ok, something simple - Where are Mike's electrolytes?  Seriously?
umm...from what i know, electrolyte is just another word for callorie.   as both are just a measurment of energy........ssooooo... ...stfu
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Bast175

« Reply #2295 on: March 29, 2006, 02:20:50 PM »
umm...from what i know, electrolyte is just another word for callorie.   as both are just a measurment of energy........ssooooo... ...stfu

no it is not.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #2296 on: March 29, 2006, 02:22:30 PM »
no it is not.

lol. well, that is what my esteemed chemistry teacher has been telling us.        so much for public schooling, eh?
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Bast175

« Reply #2297 on: March 29, 2006, 02:28:12 PM »
lol. well, that is what my esteemed chemistry teacher has been telling us.        so much for public schooling, eh?

Electrolytes include sodium, potassium, chloride, and bicarbonate (there are others too).  They're found in fruits and vegetables, and a bunch of other foods.

"The balance of the electrolytes in our bodies is essential for normal function of our cells and our organs."

Pedialyte is high in electrolytes,  They help keep you hydrated.

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #2298 on: March 29, 2006, 02:28:40 PM »

Ahhhh.. the wise 16yr  old speaks...
another reason that remedial special education kids should not be given access to a computer..

don't be a fool... stay in school...

Electrolyte is a "medical/scientific" term for salts, specifically ions. The term electrolyte means that this ion is electrically-charged and moves to either a negative (cathode) or positive (anode) electrode:
ions that move to the cathode (cations) are positively charged
ions that move to the anode (anions) are negatively charged
For example, your body fluids -- blood, plasma, interstitial fluid (fluid between cells) -- are like seawater and have a high concentration of sodium chloride (table salt, or NaCl). The electrolytes in sodium chloride are:
sodium ion (Na+) - cation
chloride ion (Cl-) - anion
As for your body, the major electrolytes are as follows:

sodium (Na+)
potassium (K+)
chloride (Cl-)
calcium (Ca2+)
magnesium (Mg2+)
bicarbonate (HCO3-)
phosphate (PO42-)
sulfate (SO42-)

Electrolytes are important because they are what your cells (especially nerve, heart, muscle) use to maintain voltages across their cell membranes and to carry electrical impulses (nerve impulses, muscle contractions) across themselves and to other cells. Your kidneys work to keep the electrolyte concentrations in your blood constant despite changes in your body. For example, when you exercise heavily, you lose electrolytes in your sweat, particularly sodium and potassium. These electrolytes must be replaced to keep the electrolyte concentrations of your body fluids constant. So, many sports drinks have sodium chloride or potassium chloride added to them. They also have sugar and flavorings to provide your body with extra energy and to make the drink taste better.
Another example where electrolyte drinks are important is when infants/children have chronic vomiting or diarrhea, perhaps due to intestinal flu viruses. When children vomit or have diarrhea, they lose electrolytes. Again, these electrolytes and the fluids must be replaced to prevent dehydration and seizures. Therefore, drinks such as Pedialyte have sodium and potassium in them like the sports drinks do. However, pediatricians do not recommend giving sports drinks to a sick child! Sports drinks have much higher sugar concentrations than Pedialyte and the high sugar is not a proper treatment.
Giving 110%

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #2299 on: March 29, 2006, 02:58:28 PM »

Ahhhh.. the wise 16yr  old speaks...
another reason that remedial special education kids should not be given access to a computer..

don't be a fool... stay in school...

Electrolyte is a "medical/scientific" term for salts, specifically ions. The term electrolyte means that this ion is electrically-charged and moves to either a negative (cathode) or positive (anode) electrode:
ions that move to the cathode (cations) are positively charged
ions that move to the anode (anions) are negatively charged
For example, your body fluids -- blood, plasma, interstitial fluid (fluid between cells) -- are like seawater and have a high concentration of sodium chloride (table salt, or NaCl). The electrolytes in sodium chloride are:
sodium ion (Na+) - cation
chloride ion (Cl-) - anion
As for your body, the major electrolytes are as follows:

sodium (Na+)
potassium (K+)
chloride (Cl-)
calcium (Ca2+)
magnesium (Mg2+)
bicarbonate (HCO3-)
phosphate (PO42-)
sulfate (SO42-)

Electrolytes are important because they are what your cells (especially nerve, heart, muscle) use to maintain voltages across their cell membranes and to carry electrical impulses (nerve impulses, muscle contractions) across themselves and to other cells. Your kidneys work to keep the electrolyte concentrations in your blood constant despite changes in your body. For example, when you exercise heavily, you lose electrolytes in your sweat, particularly sodium and potassium. These electrolytes must be replaced to keep the electrolyte concentrations of your body fluids constant. So, many sports drinks have sodium chloride or potassium chloride added to them. They also have sugar and flavorings to provide your body with extra energy and to make the drink taste better.
Another example where electrolyte drinks are important is when infants/children have chronic vomiting or diarrhea, perhaps due to intestinal flu viruses. When children vomit or have diarrhea, they lose electrolytes. Again, these electrolytes and the fluids must be replaced to prevent dehydration and seizures. Therefore, drinks such as Pedialyte have sodium and potassium in them like the sports drinks do. However, pediatricians do not recommend giving sports drinks to a sick child! Sports drinks have much higher sugar concentrations than Pedialyte and the high sugar is not a proper treatment.

the wise 16 year old.   lol....k, i already said that i was told wrong by mmy chemistry teacher obviously....and nice copy and pste skills. jackasss.

but what im getting...is still that electrolytes are a type of calorie.
d[-_-]b actin all cool