Author Topic: JESSE VENTURA Pwns FOX NEWS AGAIN!  (Read 3664 times)

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: JESSE VENTURA Pwns FOX NEWS AGAIN!
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 06:37:32 PM »
I like Jesse and I wish the man would run for President - he'd have my vote.

However, I have no issues with water boarding and torture. I think we should be allowed to take extreme measures to extract information in very extreme circumstances. I'd also call it exactly what it is - torture. Don't pussy foot around it.

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 11:34:32 PM »
It's pieces of tape like this which really make me despair about the standard of News coverage in the USA

I dont think i heard even half a second of reasoned intelligent debate. Finger jabbing and pointing and getting angry, Im sorry but Cronkite it is not. Its a real shame because when you think back to the great american news broadcasters you can see how far American News has fallen...perhaps it should be rebranded as News Entertainment 'a la Vince Mcmahon'

The thing that gets me even more worried is that people on this board take these clips and start debating them for their merits. Let me draw my line in the sand here, anyone who thinks this is NEWS or even News commentary really needs to turn off their TV and start reading a book.

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 01:01:21 AM »
More Ventura.

http://www.pyrabang.com/view.php?ref=&post_id=31472&visitor=true

'They cut off D.Pearls head" - yeah - & - so - fucking - what - a dumb 'JOO' reporter walking around a neighborhood in Pakistan that  is worse than Cape-town after dark.
A country that has extreme anti-JOO sentiment.

Just because he wanted the -  'Pulitzer prize' - he knew the risks !! casualty of war, nothing more.
Given the choice between decapitation & Napalm - guess where I am going ??

Fuck you & your weak ass rhetoric !!

Civilians in S.Vietnam (children no less) with 'Napalm' injuries - guess how many didn't make it out of that village ??
Growth/noob loves me

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 01:42:15 AM »
I like Jesse and I wish the man would run for President - he'd have my vote.

However, I have no issues with water boarding and torture. I think we should be allowed to take extreme measures to extract information in very extreme circumstances. I'd also call it exactly what it is - torture. Don't pussy foot around it.

Pragmatic argument wins out here; torture doesn't work, so what is the point? And as he mentions, why not use torture on normal criminals?
I hate the State.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 06:43:53 AM »
Sorry, but NO politician, Republican or Democrat or any other party would EVER advocate or represent or agree with your views.

Looks like you have NOBODY to turn to or ANYONE that you can identify at all with.

So tell us, who do YOU think represents your views most adequately?  

WRONG!!!No politician would ever say it out loud.Want to bet Pat Buchannon or Chenney or any other true conservative agrees with me?In fact,Id be willing to bet 1,000$ right now,my views are WAY more in line with Americas views then your are.You support gay marriage,I dont,its been on the ballot 33 times and gotten DESTROYED 33 TIMES.YOUR out of the mainstream, lib.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 07:12:19 AM »
WRONG!!!No politician would ever say it out loud.Want to bet Pat Buchannon or Chenney or any other true conservative agrees with me?In fact,Id be willing to bet 1,000$ right now,my views are WAY more in line with Americas views then your are.You support gay marriage,I dont,its been on the ballot 33 times and gotten DESTROYED 33 TIMES.YOUR out of the mainstream, lib.
So you feel Dick Cheyne is the best representation of your view and is your ideal leader, someone you respect, admire and look up to?

Is this accurate?  Who today best represents your views and whom do you admire and why?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 07:41:56 AM »
So you feel Dick Cheyne is the best representation of your view and is your ideal leader, someone you respect, admire and look up to?

Is this accurate?  Who today best represents your views and whom do you admire and why?

Sorry,I dont worship politicians.The guy who best represents my views is Louie Simmons,THATS who I follow.

THe only guy who I liked with views I admired was William Pierce!!!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 10:27:33 AM »
Me neither. 

Welcome back mang.  :)
good to be back, mang!  :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 12:26:52 PM »
what the fuck are you talking about. Im comparing ratings. When people are entertained they will watch.
right but youre comparing ratings of 2 seperate genres of television, while there is a comparison there and i see that its still apples and oranges...You compare American idol to 2 and a half men if you want and msnbc to fox news thats a more accurate comparison.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 01:01:22 PM »
right but youre comparing ratings of 2 seperate genres of television, while there is a comparison there and i see that its still apples and oranges...You compare American idol to 2 and a half men if you want and msnbc to fox news thats a more accurate comparison.

Correct.  Different audiences.  Different genre.  Apples and oranges. 

Sorry to be an echo.   :)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 01:09:28 PM »

Since you get my point, let me ask you..what is YOUR point? apples and oranges...yea no shit holmes.

The two are being compared because they fit in the same context vis a vis TV RATINGS. When people  :D@ a program they like they tune in.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2009, 01:37:10 PM »
Since you get my point, let me ask you..what is YOUR point? apples and oranges...yea no shit holmes.

The two are being compared because they fit in the same context vis a vis TV RATINGS. When people  :D@ a program they like they tune in.
LOL there are tons of reasons why ppl tune in, information, agreance with the message as well could be seen as reasons why they tune it meaning fox has more ppl who agree with them then msnbc which is actually true seeing as the majority of the country is center leaning right.

my point is that comparing idol to fox news isnt a fair comparison, comparing foxnews to msnbc is a fair comparison and fox owns them.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 01:38:46 PM »
also the channel that idol comes on is availabe everywhere you dont need cable to watch idol, you need cable to watch fox news another reason your comparison is invalid.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 03:13:40 PM »
Pragmatic argument wins out here; torture doesn't work, so what is the point? And as he mentions, why not use torture on normal criminals?

Difference of opinion. I think in some cases it works and others it doesn't.

Personally I think a lot of this is just crap political posturing by career politicians that, if it meant saving their asses, would use torture in a nano second.