Author Topic: insulin  (Read 2164 times)

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
Re: insulin
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 08:43:42 PM »
Type 1.  I have good insulin response but i don't make enough on my own anymore.  I had acute pancreatitis last year from hypertriglyceridemia which brought it on.

No offense but why are you so heavy for being a diabetic. Wouldn't it be in your best interest to lose weight? Do you use you insulin after you work out to get optimal effects from it?

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 08:49:39 PM »
I only use my insulin as instructed by my doctor.  One shot of slow insuling lantus when i get up in the morning and one shot before my largest meal of the day of the fast insulin. 

I could stop taking the insulin and drop weight very quickly, but with that there is a risk of vascular damage to the eyes, hands, feet, and god knows what else....but thats a risk i would rather not take.

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 08:50:55 PM »
I only use my insulin as instructed by my doctor.  One shot of slow insuling lantus when i get up in the morning and one shot before my largest meal of the day of the fast insulin. 

I could stop taking the insulin and drop weight very quickly, but with that there is a risk of vascular damage to the eyes, hands, feet, and god knows what else....but thats a risk i would rather not take.

This would be due to increased blood sugar correct? Can you not diet on insulin? I understand it would be more difficult.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 08:59:00 PM »
when sugar goes above 300 your body just pisses it out.  This causes dehydration and rapid weight loss.  I have made a lot of dietary sacrifices...no bread, no sugar added products, no potato, no white rice...very little fruits.  I make oat bread from oat flour, and eat oatmeal as it has lower glycemic index. 

Can still diet and do more cardio, but have to be careful not to drop my sugar too low or you can pass out...i fell off a treadmill one morning my sugar was at like 45.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 11:40:10 PM »
maybe where you live...In the US, insulin is a prescription drug and my co-pay is 20 bucks.  If i didnt have insurance it would be like $220 for a box of 5 pens.  3ml 100 units/ml per pen.   im not gonna sell them though they dont expire for like a year in the fridge.  Ill save money and keep em i got like a year supply for 20 bucks. 

Sorry lovemonkey...i have all my hair and if my hands look yellow its because i've been tearing phone books in half...

A

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 12:53:15 AM »
So you use insulin.

You must be huge.  ::)

post a pic.  ::)