Author Topic: Do you still Trust "supplement" companies?  (Read 15406 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Do you still Trust "supplement" companies?
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2009, 06:19:06 AM »
The protein pudding tastes great!

How about you send me a pack over?  ;D ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2009, 06:20:45 AM »
How about you send me a pack over?  ;D ;D

Naja, wenn ich ausreichend auf einmal bestelle, bekomme ich ab und zu mal ein paar Sachen gratis, werde schauen, ob's machbar ist.

Wie sieht's mit dem Fragebogen aus?
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2009, 06:22:22 AM »
Naja, wenn ich ausreichend auf einmal bestelle, bekomme ich ab und zu mal ein paar Sachen gratis, werde schauen, ob's machbar ist.

Wie sieht's mit dem Fragebogen aus?

Oh sorry, schick ich dir gleich.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2009, 12:46:41 PM »
I will admit to getbig that I once fell for a musletech ad. I was around 15 years old (19 now), and I bought anator p70 when it came out.

...it cost me 80 bucks for 1 tub...

:'(

That's why I continue to tell people to wait for the markdowns at GNC.

The jugs I got were marked down to $17.49; I used the Gold Card, and MuscleTech had their "Buy One; Get One 50% Off" promotion.

So, with all of that, I got two of them for around $21.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2009, 12:52:47 PM »
And Sylvester Stallone's company.

http://www.instonenutrition.com/products/pudding_faqs.htm

I like the Banana flavored ones, which I tried a few months ago. (got them for $0.49 each).

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2009, 01:10:48 PM »
No need to get fancy, stick to basic stuff like protein, creatine, BCAA's at the most and you're good to go.  Obviously these won't make much of a difference without the proper diet as well.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2009, 02:00:59 PM »
hugestatus
Getbig II

« Reply #91 on: Today at 05:57:35 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GETITonNY what do you rate Gaspari Nutrition?

Gaspari is a pretty good company.There product are pretty good.They are better then BSN and Muscletech.Rich Gaspari is a good guy, and is pretty honest.When Gaspari Nutrition first came out, there product were the shit.His prohormones were bad ass!!!! They were some of the strongest pro hormones ever made !!!!!!!. Now his products are good, but they arent nearly as strong as they used to be.Now his company is 10 times bigger, and is geared more towards the mainstream consumer.Before his products were geared towards the hard core athlete.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2009, 06:03:18 PM »
The only supplement I trust is.....Plazmosis!
HAHA, RON.....

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2009, 06:12:58 PM »
Plazmosis is the holy grail of supplements.
After drinking Plazmosis Jesus walked on water, to the boat where the disciples were.True story.
Moses poured Plazmosis on the ground and Parted the Red Sea, another true story,lol

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2009, 07:38:42 PM »
This they have already done and news for you wave: I am a creatine non-responder=totally useless product for me. ;D

quite possible - look at the work by Kreider and Tarnopolsky - non-responders are not infrequent, i believe somewhere like 15%. Vegetarians and the vegans are the best responders

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2009, 08:14:41 PM »
The most efficient and effective bodybuilding supplements are test and deca  ;D

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2009, 08:39:41 PM »
Stay away from AtLarge Nutrition, the owner will not provide information regarding the contents of his products, that tells me and any educated person that he is trying to hide something, most likely a poor quality product. Stick with companies such as ON, Labrada, True Protein, and others mentioned in this thread.
I am a big baby

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2009, 08:56:25 PM »
No response Chris, you and your company really are a pieces of GARBAGE!!!!
I am a big baby

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2009, 08:57:04 PM »
No response Chris, you and your company really are a pieces of GARBAGE!!!!

Why do you say that, friend? Do you have evidence to support your claims?

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2009, 09:01:39 PM »
Why do you say that, friend? Do you have evidence to support your claims?
Hey "friend" when a company won't provide a requested assay for their product I have every right to say "that." Thanks for your concern "friend".
I am a big baby

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2009, 09:06:22 PM »
Hey "friend" when a company won't provide a requested assay for their product I have every right to say "that." Thanks for your concern "friend".

You feel very strongly about this  ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2009, 12:48:15 PM »
I like the Banana flavored ones, which I tried a few months ago. (got them for $0.49 each).

McWay is the only guy who still believes in supps....I caught heat from McWay big time on my infamous "the total absolute no bullshit truth about supplements" thread

supps are useless...McWay is the only shill left for the supp companies

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2009, 02:00:23 PM »

McWay is the only guy who still believes in supps....I caught heat from McWay big time on my infamous "the total absolute no bullshit truth about supplements" thread

I get diced eating Mcdonalds and takin a few shots of blues ed......then eatin one of those nasty cardboard 'protein bars', fck me runnin that shit tastes awful

only supp I use (for now)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2009, 03:23:25 PM »

You "caught heat", because you were talking out of the side of your neck.

YOU were the one, who bragged about geting 14-lb of Cell-Tech dirt cheap and sang the praises of BOTH Cell-Tech and Gaspari's SizeON, when you tried them.

I don't use supplements INSTEAD of regular food. I use them, as anyone with common sense does, along with regular food. The only issue is price and, since I know how to get supplements fairly cheap, that isn't a problem.

As I said, I picked up TWO jugs of Anator P-70, for just over $20 (due to clearance sales and the likelihood that MuscleTech is discontinuing Anator, as it did with powdered Gakic).

More recently, I've obtained a 10-lb jug of Muscle Juice 2544 I picked up for $18 and a 20-pk box of GNC's Mega MRP for just over $9.

The reason you struggle is because (by YOUR OWN ADMISSION) your training is inconsistent and you eat like a 5-year-old girl. Yet, you want to bleat and whine about supplements, because they didn't overcompensate for your lousy diet.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2009, 05:14:18 PM »
getitonny:

why is dymatize bad?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2009, 05:22:43 PM »
hugestatus
Getbig II

« Reply #91 on: Today at 05:57:35 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GETITonNY what do you rate Gaspari Nutrition?

Gaspari is a pretty good company.There product are pretty good.They are better then BSN and Muscletech.Rich Gaspari is a good guy, and is pretty honest.When Gaspari Nutrition first came out, there product were the shit.His prohormones were bad ass!!!! They were some of the strongest pro hormones ever made !!!!!!!. Now his products are good, but they arent nearly as strong as they used to be.Now his company is 10 times bigger, and is geared more towards the mainstream consumer.Before his products were geared towards the hard core athlete.

awesome post...100% dead on

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2009, 05:30:37 PM »
You "caught heat", because you were talking out of the side of your neck.

YOU were the one, who bragged about geting 14-lb of Cell-Tech dirt cheap and sang the praises of BOTH Cell-Tech and Gaspari's SizeON, when you tried them.

I don't use supplements INSTEAD of regular food. I use them, as anyone with common sense does, along with regular food. The only issue is price and, since I know how to get supplements fairly cheap, that isn't a problem.

As I said, I picked up TWO jugs of Anator P-70, for just over $20 (due to clearance sales and the likelihood that MuscleTech is discontinuing Anator, as it did with powdered Gakic).

More recently, I've obtained a 10-lb jug of Muscle Juice 2544 I picked up for $18 and a 20-pk box of GNC's Mega MRP for just over $9.

The reason you struggle is because (by YOUR OWN ADMISSION) your training is inconsistent and you eat like a 5-year-old girl. Yet, you want to bleat and whine about supplements, because they didn't overcompensate for your lousy diet.

McWay....the problem I have with supps is the price also....overpriced bullcrap which is dubious at best with their claims....I guess I wouldn't have a problem with supps if they were reasonably priced...love the deal you got for Anator...I think that was a fair price to pay...you always make fun of my training and eating habits...I don't think thats fair because I eat and train well...but even if I didn't..according to the claims these supp companies make I should be getting 7000% percent stronger, 10,000% more muscular, and stuff like that

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2009, 05:51:16 PM »

McWay....the problem I have with supps is the price also....overpriced bullcrap which is dubious at best with their claims....I guess I wouldn't have a problem with supps if they were reasonably priced...love the deal you got for Anator...I think that was a fair price to pay...you always make fun of my training and eating habits...I don't think thats fair because I eat and train well...but even if I didn't..according to the claims these supp companies make I should be getting 7000% percent stronger, 10,000% more muscular, and stuff like that

Again, the price issue can be mitigated (it's called clearance sales). By law, supplement stores can't sell expired supplements. Therefore, they have to mark them down, or risk a complete loss of profit.

I don't make fun of your training and eating habits. As I said, those words were BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION. Hopefully, things have changed since then.

Read the fine print. Usually, when an ad claim you'll get "7000% stronger", it's in comparison to a placebo group that had marginal gains. If you had an identical twin and he was the placebo while you tried a product, you could be "7000% stronger" if your twin gain 0.20 lbs on his bench press and you gained 14 lbs on yours.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2009, 12:58:50 AM »
Again, the price issue can be mitigated (it's called clearance sales). By law, supplement stores can't sell expired supplements. Therefore, they have to mark them down, or risk a complete loss of profit.

I don't make fun of your training and eating habits. As I said, those words were BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION. Hopefully, things have changed since then.

Read the fine print. Usually, when an ad claim you'll get "7000% stronger", it's in comparison to a placebo group that had marginal gains. If you had an identical twin and he was the placebo while you tried a product, you could be "7000% stronger" if your twin gain 0.20 lbs on his bench press and you gained 14 lbs on yours.

spot on, it's all  a play on words and statistics beginner's class.

Like ZMA gives you 540% more testosterone than a (probably zinc-deficient) control group. the control groups test levels go down more after training while the ZMA group's test levels drop only a bit and BOOM! you have 540% MORE testosterone, even if both groups have actually LESS.  ;D ;D

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2009, 09:50:12 AM »
I'm just curious if it's common knowledge by now, beyond this smart ass community that overpriced pre-packaged "formulas" don't work and not worth the money?

I spotted some kids yesteday making fun of the "9.234903433333333lb lean mass in 20.66666666 days" concept and they were skinny so the bullshit status must be catching up  ???

am I too optimistic?

I think with "Sites" like this and others, plus the fact that individuals see how others have wasted their cash, the consumer is better informed