Author Topic: Chinese company buys Hummer  (Read 1604 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: Chinese company buys Hummer
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 05:25:03 PM »
Dude, ...it's Hummer.

Do you know why we see so many bright yellow Hummers? Because it's one of the biggest lemons on the road.  ;D

Agreed.  They were built on a Chevy Tahoe chassis.

Kinda like when Ford put the Mustangs on Taurus parts...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 05:38:52 PM »
Thats where you are wrong fool.  I have been one of the biggest critics of GWB on many issues.

The reason GM cant make a profit with Hummer is the same reason they cant make aprofit with the malibu, pick up truck, cobalt, or any car for that matter.

Their cost structure is too high due to union work rules, retiree pensions and health care, and other legacy costs that are not sustainable. 

Why is it that BMW and Honda can make cars here at a profit but GM cannot????

The union in Germany is pretty strong. Some would call it very strong in fact.

However, the gas has been expensive for a long time in Germany.

In Germany, there's been tough environmental legislative measures targeting the car business for a long time.

So if you want to find a reason why BMW is doing well, perhaps you should look at the gas taxes and the environmental policies.

Which has forced BMW to built effective cars and also build diesel cars with tremendous performance.
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 07:13:08 PM »

The union in Germany is pretty strong. Some would call it very strong in fact.

However, the gas has been expensive for a long time in Germany.

In Germany, there's been tough environmental legislative measures targeting the car business for a long time.

So if you want to find a reason why BMW is doing well, perhaps you should look at the gas taxes and the environmental policies.

Which has forced BMW to built effective cars and also build diesel cars with tremendous performance.

I have a BMW 328.  Great car.  On the highway i get great mileage too. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 07:18:54 PM »

I guess you don`t believe in buying American.  Oh well.  You should refrain from getting all worked up about the United States losing in the car industry when you blatantly do not support it by the only way possible, which is by buying their product.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 07:21:30 PM »
I guess you don`t believe in buying American.  Oh well.  You should refrain from getting all worked up about the United States losing in the car industry when you blatantly do not support it by the only way possible, which is by buying their product.

I have a Ford Exploer too.   One for fun and day to day, the Explorer for the winter and to haul the seadoo.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 10:05:16 AM »

what really amazes me about the BMW's is the tight gearbox and how great performance you get from their diesel cars. 
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 10:08:37 AM »
what really amazes me about the BMW's is the tight gearbox and how great performance you get from their diesel cars. 

On the highway, if I am light on the gas pedal, I can cruise at about 70 and get easily 30 mpg. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 02:13:19 PM »
Allegedly the Chinese company states that there will be more dealers for Hummer. Yeah, Not too many people buy Hummers now because of the environmental stigma, bad gas mileage, the economy and basically they suck. So how many Hummers do the Chinese think they are gonna sell, especially when the the new owners are Chinese? yeah, that will just fly over well with the Flag waving Americans.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 02:18:54 PM »
On the highway, if I am light on the gas pedal, I can cruise at about 70 and get easily 30 mpg. 

That's why people buy BMWs and not Hummers... Let's be honest. There is no technology in the Hummer brand that is worth salvaging.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 03:13:06 AM »
Allegedly the Chinese company states that there will be more dealers for Hummer. Yeah, Not too many people buy Hummers now because of the environmental stigma, bad gas mileage, the economy and basically they suck. So how many Hummers do the Chinese think they are gonna sell, especially when the the new owners are Chinese? yeah, that will just fly over well with the Flag waving Americans.

I don't know.... There's an interesting phenomenon taking place in China right now. North Americans went through it in the late 50's early 60's. The trend is towards conspicuous consumption. A real gluttony of excess and crass displays of wealth are quickly becoming fashionable. I'm sure there will be plenty of Chinese buyers for the Hummer regardless of it's crappy fuel economy.
w