Author Topic: Wal-Mart says it will create 22,000 jobs in 2009  (Read 6225 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Wal-Mart says it will create 22,000 jobs in 2009
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 09:53:22 AM »
try more like $7.50 an hour to start

Some people are not worth $20.00 a hour for what they bring to the table. 

If people who take wal mart jobs had decent skills that they could get better jobs, they are free to leave.  No company can survive overpaying people. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2009, 09:54:43 AM »
Haha. Now not only new jobs are good, they have to be a certain type of job. As if the economy isn't going to instantly recover and all these great jobs will just appear out of thin air. I'm sure there are 20,000 people who will be thankful to have one of these jobs.  ::)

What these lib die-hards dont get is that one needs skills today to have a decent chance at a decent job. 

If someone has no skills, than there is simply no demand for their labor. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 10:06:09 AM »
Oddly enough, if u work hard, gain skills and education, u get paid for it. My Bernese Mountain dog could work as a checker at Walmart. But they employ alot of people and until something better comes along, they should be happy to have a job.
L

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2009, 11:35:32 AM »

If people who take wal mart jobs had decent skills that they could get better jobs, they are free to leave.  No company can survive overpaying people. 

People take Walmart jobs because their present situation dictates they have to but  not all of those people are unskilled morons. There is a different situation for every person.  Some people aren't always in a position where they can just upgrade their skills on a whim. That doesn't make them any less deserving of a respectable wage.

Walmart has every right to make billions of dollars a year but for fuck sakes, $7.50 an hour is a bullshit wage, I can't imagine trying to live off that.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2009, 10:31:26 PM »
Some people are not worth $20.00 a hour for what they bring to the table. 

Tell that to the 20,000 skilled autoworkers who are about to lose their jobs.

I betcha they'll show you how skilled they are at rivetting your lips shut. {lol}
w

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2009, 10:40:21 PM »
dude, they're responsible for more job losses than they've ever created.  I guess you've never watched what happens to the downtown area of a small to midsized town when a superwalmart goes in.  And they certainly do not employ as many people as those who lost jobs/businesses because it was impossible to compete with that.  And as far as Unions, Walmart will shut down a store if a Union is voted in so I guess that point is mute.
goes way beyond that when you take into account all the cheap worthless chinese shit they flood their shelves with

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 07:20:29 AM »
Tell that to the 20,000 skilled autoworkers who are about to lose their jobs.

I betcha they'll show you how skilled they are at rivetting your lips shut. {lol}

Many of those workers dont have many skills other than their place in the assembly line. 

There is not the demand for cars now so those workers' labor is not in demand.  How hard is this for you to understand?   

I find it amazing that some people think that they can defy the laws of supply and demand, and,  profit & loss.

The days of someone getting a job, staying there for 30 years, retiring with a pension are over. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 07:29:07 AM »
Many of those workers dont have many skills other than their place in the assembly line. 

There is not the demand for cars now so those workers' labor is not in demand.  How hard is this for you to understand?   

I find it amazing that some people think that they can defy the laws of supply and demand, and,  profit & loss.

The days of someone getting a job, staying there for 30 years, retiring with a pension are over. 

you never said anything about skills that were in demand, ...you just said they didn't have skills.  ;D
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 07:32:09 AM »
you never said anything about skills that were in demand, ...you just said they didn't have skills.  ;D

Many of them dont.  What skill does it take to screw in a dashboard? 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 07:46:10 AM »
Many of them dont.  What skill does it take to screw in a dashboard? 

A heckuva lot. You got to bend your legs behind your head, ...and sometimes you just don't fit.
it's not easy being all bendy like that ya know, ...and if someone accidently hits the turn signal or wipers... :-X
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2009, 07:48:23 AM »
A heckuva lot. You got to bend your legs behind your head, ...and sometimes you just don't fit.
it's not easy being all bendy like that ya know, ...and if someone accidently hits the turn signal or wipers... :-X

Whatever, the problem is that people are lazy and dont want to update their skills.  They rather plan a vacation, look up new internet shopping, sports etc. 

Those people are going to fall by the wayside. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 07:58:32 AM »
Whatever, the problem is that people are lazy and dont want to update their skills.  They rather plan a vacation, look up new internet shopping, sports etc. 

Those people are going to fall by the wayside. 

I don't think that's the case at all, ...however... what's the point in updating skills if there are no jobs to be had?
The economy fell off a cliff, ...and it's gonna be a while before all the people flung over the edge regain their footing. Don't get me wrong, i do believe many should be held responsible for not having a plan B, ...especially anyone who was around in the early 90's, ...but pointing a finger and saying I told ya so isn't going to put food on their tables. I honestly don't see what you have against paying people a decent liveable wage regardless of their "skill level". It's good for the economy.
w

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 02:47:48 PM »
I think people should get paid well for a monotonous job even if it's considerd a job that doesn't require a lot of skill. Imagine standing on an assembly/packaging line for 8-12 hours a day doing the same motions day in day out? It sucks ass. The clock hands don't move.

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 02:52:07 PM »
I think people should get paid well for a monotonous job even if it's considerd a job that doesn't require a lot of skill. Imagine standing on an assembly/packaging line for 8-12 hours a day doing the same motions day in day out? It sucks ass. The clock hands don't move.
true, and we need people to do these jobs, not everyone can have advanced skills. the company should at least do some profit sharing or give bonuses if they are pulling in tons of money.
back in the old days these people used to be farmers and had pretty damn good lives, the government and food corporations destroyed this though

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 03:32:03 PM »
My Bernese Mountain dog could work as a checker at Walmart.

True, but your dog is worth more than 23 million Afghanis :)

He's one smart canine.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2009, 04:51:51 AM »

It must suck ass.  But in my mind, that person has a choice, stay put or try to improve yourself and move beyond the assembly line. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2009, 01:13:25 PM »
Oh boy 22,000 jobs that you cannot support a family on.  Thank god for Wal-Mart.  ::)

MUCH BETTER THEN THE FILTHY GOVERNMENT LED BY THAT COMMUNITY ORGANISER PROMISING JOBS THAT WILL NEVER EVER  COME THROUGH.WALMART ACTUALLY CREATES JOBS WITHOUT USING MY MONEY TO DO SO.THE COMMUNITY ORGANISER TAKES OUR MONEY AND FLUSHES IT IN THE TOILET AND THEN HAS THE BALLS TO SAY "WE SAVED 150,000 JOBS".LIAR!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2009, 01:15:37 PM »
MUCH BETTER THEN THE FILTHY GOVERNMENT LED BY THAT COMMUNITY ORGANISER PROMISING JOBS THAT WILL NEVER EVER  COME THROUGH.WALMART ACTUALLY CREATES JOBS WITHOUT USING MY MONEY TO DO SO.THE COMMUNITY ORGANISER TAKES OUR MONEY AND FLUSHES IT IN THE TOILET AND THEN HAS THE BALLS TO SAY "WE SAVED 150,000 JOBS".LIAR!!!

100% 

They back walmart which is a private corp. yet cheer on the Govt mafia who steals money and gives it to others to flush down the rat hole. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2009, 03:08:13 PM »

Samson... Is that you?  ???

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2009, 06:33:14 AM »
If the filthy libs and the dumb union supporters dont like Wallmart,then develope a new company that you can pay your workers 20.00 an hour and show Wallmart how its done.Ive seen what the unions have done to the textile industry,the steel industry,the car companies,the post office,education,so perhaps their track record PROVES that unions are an utter failur,whil Wallmart keeps making money every year.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2009, 06:59:39 AM »

LMAO!!!!