Author Topic: Dumbbell rack after the foreingers get done at the gym  (Read 6235 times)

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Re: Dumbbell rack after the foreingers get done at the gym
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 07:11:42 PM »
They're just dumbbells, dont get your panties in a bunch. If they're on the rack or close to the rack, that's good enough for me. I dont care if the 25 100 lb dumbbells are at a certain spot on the rack or not. As long as I dont have to make 2-3 trips around the gym looking for them I couldn't really care less.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 07:13:07 PM »
They're just dumbbells, dont get your panties in a bunch. If they're on the rack or close to the rack, that's good enough for me. I dont care if the 25 100 lb dumbbells are at a certain spot on the rack or not. As long as I dont have to make 2-3 trips around the gym looking for them I couldn't really care less.
That just shows that you're lazy and want to take big breaks between sets, Mangoo.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 07:15:21 PM »
I didnt know they had dumbells in parking lots chaos.

Anyway if dumbells ar ein a reasonlbly close vicinity I am happy - But I dont mind if i have to walk to find them.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 07:16:31 PM »
That just shows that you're lazy and want to take big breaks between sets, Mangoo.

what are you talking about? I said I don't like to make 2-3 trips around the gym. You can pretty much tell the size of a dumbbell as quick as you can look in the spot its suppose to be. Not that much of a time difference. You must have dumbbell racks hundreds of feet long in your gym or something.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 07:19:14 PM »
my bro lives in Chicago..took this pic lastnight after the f aux hawk hair/wife beater rockin foreigners got down 'crushin' it

cruise in at 5 with no less than 5 to a 'clan'...warm up with no more or less than 135 on bench....then move on to some curls/press of some kind....stare at a few guys/girls then thats the cats ass

no need to re rack...there are 6 people in that gym at that moment!

whats the big deal this is what my gym fee covers, I am not the attendent paid to do work their, I am a member.

jt
TEAM Nasser

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2009, 07:21:10 PM »
i try to put them back in the right parking spot  but if it has been taken they get put back where they get put back. there are people that get paid money to be in that gym i am sure its not out of the question for them to earn their money and organize and what not

agreed, I put them back in reasonably acceptable location in relation to their original location. There are many factors involved, how messy was it to begin with, did I have to put effort into finding them, how tired am I and who is working the front desk.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 07:23:02 PM »
You must have dumbbell racks hundreds of feet long in your gym or something.
Quite possibly, the db's go from 10lbs up to 200 in 5lb increments and there are two sets of each up to the 100's........not to mention the ".5" db's we have, we have a shitload of db's.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2009, 07:29:31 PM »
Quite possibly, the db's go from 10lbs up to 200 in 5lb increments and there are two sets of each up to the 100's........not to mention the ".5" db's we have, we have a shitload of db's.

well see something like that would equate to me having to make "2-3 trips around the gym" looking for dumbbells. We just go up to 150 and after 70 it goes by 10s, but we have two different sets that go up to 60s by 5. So in your case then yea i could see why having to look for a particular weight can be time consuming.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2009, 07:30:01 PM »

Does it bother you if the twenties and the twenty fives are mixed up, or is it when one 80 is there and the other is missing in action?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 07:31:15 PM »
I don't mind it as much as those nud-nicks that don't strip the leg press after their 2000 1/4 presses.

As long as the Dumbbells are matched and in a decent area, it's not a big deal.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2009, 07:36:17 PM »
I have often suprised myself , when looking for the 35's which are always missing and then having to use the 40's and doing them successfully....I think chaos is in a rut and probably hasnt progressed out of the 20, 25,30, 35 range in the past two years.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2009, 07:39:57 PM »
I think chaos is in a rut and probably hasnt progressed out of the 20, 25,30, 35 range in the past two years.
LOL
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 07:40:14 PM »
Don't be an asshole, rack your weights.  You're not Ronnie Coleman, put your 40lbs dumbells back when you're done benching them.
Best is the guy who decided to fuck the dumbell rack, while looking at his 14" guns in the mirror.  Step back, there are other people there too.
One great thing about Gold's Gym in Vegas, it's always spotless.  24hr/LVAC, different story.  Just a mess.  They'll be more concerned with people carrying gym bags or dropping their weights, rather than having their staff/clients racking weights.
If you put 5 plates on, take 5 plates off.
The end.
N

io856

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2009, 07:42:02 PM »
The big guys at my gym dont re rack their weights

I don't understand why people unrack their seated calf raise plates

I mean most of us at the very least use two 45 plates...

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2009, 07:46:18 PM »
The big guys at my gym dont re rack their weights

I don't understand why people unrack their seated calf raise plates

I mean most of us at the very least use two 45 plates...

I hate it when they use the standing calf machine that has the stack and then at shoulder level you can put plates on. I hate it when they put the pen about halfway in the stack and then put on tons of 45lb plates.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 07:55:13 PM »
Don't be an asshole, rack your weights.  You're not Ronnie Coleman, put your 40lbs dumbells back when you're done benching them.
Best is the guy who decided to fuck the dumbell rack, while looking at his 14" guns in the mirror.  Step back, there are other people there too.
One great thing about Gold's Gym in Vegas, it's always spotless.  24hr/LVAC, different story.  Just a mess.  They'll be more concerned with people carrying gym bags or dropping their weights, rather than having their staff/clients racking weights.
The end.

no thx we like pissing off the anti roiders like you who lift the light weight  ;D
TEAM Nasser

io856

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2009, 08:05:22 PM »
no thx we like pissing off the anti roiders like you who lift the light weight  ;D
HAHHAHHA YES!

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2009, 08:22:54 PM »
The end.

what is the big deal if they in a near enough approximation to where they should be...they are all moving and switching out anyway, its not like someone is going to take roll call any minute...dumbells come and dumbells go, its the circle of life, ...how rigid should weight lifting be and its not like you're that neat at your house..I have seen your videos on you tube.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2009, 02:06:36 AM »
If you rack them in the wrong place thats fine with me but atleast rack the motherfucking dumbells for fuck sake.
If you can take them off of the rack you can put them back in to the rack... whats the big deal?
?

io856

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2009, 02:07:25 AM »
If you rack them in the wrong place thats fine with me but atleast rack the motherfucking dumbells for fuck sake.
If you can take them off of the rack you can put them back in to the rack... whats the big deal?
the guy who left the weights on the floor is the big deal  :D

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2009, 02:09:27 AM »
the guy who left the weights on the floor is the big deal  :D

No that usually is the guy who thought could use that weight but after 2 whole reps has to put them on the floor because hes to weak to pick them up again and put them back were they belong... ;)
?

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2009, 02:22:47 AM »
In our gym generally everyone puts the dumbells back in their exact places,many of us have been there a long time,myself 7yrs,but even most of the new guys know the score

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2009, 03:58:12 AM »
Just the other day I saw a 45 lb plate in the toilet stall, and a 90lb dumbbell in the parking lot. Oh and an EZ curl bar hanging from the ceiling fan.

BrainNotWorking

• Getbig I
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2009, 06:45:40 AM »
Just the other day I saw a 45 lb plate in the toilet stall, and a 90lb dumbbell in the parking lot. Oh and an EZ curl bar hanging from the ceiling fan.

That's not a bad idea.  ;D