Author Topic: Reporters get 12 years in NK labor camps  (Read 1762 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Reporters get 12 years in NK labor camps
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 10:08:25 AM »
I agree that he doesnt give a shit about his ppl but iono about military action being the only thing that will stop them. It needs to be a viable option as it is probably the only thing NK respects in the long run but again if actions that are being considered now would have been implemented after the satellitle launch i seriously doubt NK would still be going down the road they are.

what actions?

Sanctions?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 10:10:45 AM »
what actions?

Sanctions?
the actions being discussed from the article you posted which had nothing to do with what you represented it as...who knew, right?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 10:14:46 AM »
the actions being discussed from the article you posted which had nothing to do with what you represented it as...who knew, right?

you have criticized obama for not acting about the satelite launch, but what can you do with NK? 

Sanctions, sure.  Starve millions of people while kim jung il and friends keep on living well.  it's a police state, there won't be a revolution or anything silly like that.

I don't see how it's anything but a no-win situation.  you can bomb the shit outta them, and risk a suitcase bomb sneaking out and causing damage or a few missiles hitting our 50k men stationed next door.  you can sanction and starve theri people, but no democracy means just what happened in iraq... millions of poor people starved and leadership remained intact.

I don't know what the solution is, and I dont think you do either.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 10:22:02 AM »
you have criticized obama for not acting about the satelite launch, but what can you do with NK? 

Sanctions, sure.  Starve millions of people while kim jung il and friends keep on living well.  it's a police state, there won't be a revolution or anything silly like that.

I don't see how it's anything but a no-win situation.  you can bomb the shit outta them, and risk a suitcase bomb sneaking out and causing damage or a few missiles hitting our 50k men stationed next door.  you can sanction and starve theri people, but no democracy means just what happened in iraq... millions of poor people starved and leadership remained intact.

I don't know what the solution is, and I dont think you do either.
you can do exactly what they are thinking about doing now but earlier bro...again you think if actions where taken to convey to NK that their actions would not be tolerated after the "satellite" launch they would have continued down the road they have?

"The Obama administration signaled Sunday that it was seeking a way to interdict, possibly with China’s help, North Korean sea and air shipments suspected of carrying weapons or nuclear technology." FROM YOUR OWN LINK...

they couldnt do this with supplies etc. that NK imports...from what i recall they import a great deal of their goods.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009, 12:46:09 PM »
What would you expect him to say? If he is involved with negotiations to have them pardoned, any public comment on his part could jeopardize those talks. Furthermore, given the current situation with NK, this is not the time to be ratcheting up the rhetoric regarding this situation. There's no doubt in my mind these women will be used as bargaining chips

Who the said he should be involved in negotiation talks? stop creating your own counter points which have nothing to do with my post to begin with.  youre the only one speculating that Gore would even sniff any such possibilities on his part.

A comment about how they are in his prayers or something indicating his concern other than "no comment" from his camp would be more appropriate.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 04:23:04 AM »
According to 240, they were spies anyway. They should recieve the death penalty.

I see you are still stuck on that Iran spy case.

So, when you saw the reporter in Iran was released, then did an interview in which she freely admitted that

1) She was caught with classified documents in her possession
2) She actually TOLD THEM she was a spy

Did you have an "ah-ha, 240 was kinda right..." moment?

Yes, they accused the iran chick of being a spy, but she sure looked guilty by carrying spy documents and confessing and all...

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 04:54:32 AM »
Yes you were very extremely right. She freely admitted that she was a spy with no coercion at all and upon her own free will. 

Also, 911 was an inside job and GW Bush is keeping Amelia Airheart captive in the crawl space of his ranch in Crawford Texas.

240: Also believes that gay marriage is the answer to overpopulation, global warming and better healthcare for americans.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 06:23:41 AM »
Yes you were very extremely right. She freely admitted that she was a spy with no coercion at all and upon her own free will. 

Also, 911 was an inside job and GW Bush is keeping Amelia Airheart captive in the crawl space of his ranch in Crawford Texas.

240: Also believes that gay marriage is the answer to overpopulation, global warming and better healthcare for americans.

If completely lying about my positions on things might make you feel better, so be it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2009, 06:31:36 AM »
you can do exactly what they are thinking about doing now but earlier bro...again you think if actions where taken to convey to NK that their actions would not be tolerated after the "satellite" launch they would have continued down the road they have?

"The Obama administration signaled Sunday that it was seeking a way to interdict, possibly with China’s help, North Korean sea and air shipments suspected of carrying weapons or nuclear technology." FROM YOUR OWN LINK...

they couldnt do this with supplies etc. that NK imports...from what i recall they import a great deal of their goods.
bump for a response 240 if you dont want to comment on post quit posting in that thread...

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2009, 10:31:16 PM »
According to 240, they were spies anyway. They should recieve the death penalty.

Well they do have spies written all over them...And working for the vice President's network "Current" doesn't help the situation either...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 10:36:45 PM »
I don't have a clue if either the Iran or NK reporters were breaking the law.

I know that if some iranian reporter was caught in DC carrying classified documents and admitted to being a spy, everyone here would be demanding she be waterboarded, locked up, etc.

Same if we had a very hostile border, and 2 neocon mouthpieces from the other side wandered over the border into our area during a quasi-nuclear standoff.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 06:38:00 AM »
The moral equivalancy train keeps right on rolling with u doesn't it 240. The first point is that she got treated pretty rough in Iran, as will those to journo's in nKorea. Second, if some Iranian was caught spying here, they could do anything they want to him/her...I could care less. I'm worried about my folks...not theirs. There is not some big scoreboard at the end that totals all this up. The point is to be ahead. Iran and nKorea are rogue nations that have/had our folks...we do what we have to, to get them back. What happens if we capture theirs, has nothing to do with it...fair doesn't count.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 06:42:45 AM »
I love America and I'm all for us doing what needs to be done with iran and NK to keep them non-nuke countries.

I am just defending myself against BB and Whorewell, who attacked me after the Iran spy thing.  Look 4 posts up.  Whorewell making it about aliens and gay marriage, etc.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 06:51:00 AM »
I love America and I'm all for us doing what needs to be done with iran and NK to keep them non-nuke countries.

I am just defending myself against BB and Whorewell, who attacked me after the Iran spy thing.  Look 4 posts up.  Whorewell making it about aliens and gay marriage, etc.
you seem pretty happy about obama not doing anything about NK... ???

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2009, 07:01:59 AM »

The operative words in that link are "with China's help". The reason sanctions have been touch-and-go up until now is because each nation is left up to their own devices in enforcing them. China and Russia are  NKorea's only real trading partners. The nuclear test gave China an incentive to possible step away from Nkorea.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2009, 07:03:51 AM »
you seem pretty happy about obama not doing anything about NK... ???

no, like I said, i'd force the UN's hand, let some peacekeeping forces get caught in the middle, and force china/russia/france/ger to pressure NK so our men didn't have to bleed for it.

I' all about action, but finding a way to make the world do it.  Obama could stand on his head with multiple UN resolutions, telling the world (and china) either you contain NK or I will put 25 nukes up their asses in exactly 3 months.  

China knows that shit would mess up their country for decades, and they'd tame NK by paying them off, smacking their hand, etc.  Nukes ended or we cook them, but get the men out of SK so we don't have targets there.

I want our forces to be safe and NK to lose their nukes.  It's that simple.  Force the world's hand, and if that doesn't work, you cook their asses so bad there ain't no coming back.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2009, 07:04:43 AM »
The operative words in that link are "with China's help". The reason sanctions have been touch-and-go up until now is because each nation is left up to their own devices in enforcing them. China and Russia are  NKorea's only real trading partners. The nuclear test gave China an incentive to possible step away from Nkorea.
china already has incentive to keep NK in check prior to all of this as HH6 has pointed out many times

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 07:16:29 AM »
china already has incentive to keep NK in check prior to all of this as HH6 has pointed out many times

They had MORE incentive to continue trading with them. The nuclear test changed that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 07:24:50 AM »
no, like I said, i'd force the UN's hand, let some peacekeeping forces get caught in the middle, and force china/russia/france/ger to pressure NK so our men didn't have to bleed for it.

I' all about action, but finding a way to make the world do it.  Obama could stand on his head with multiple UN resolutions, telling the world (and china) either you contain NK or I will put 25 nukes up their asses in exactly 3 months.  

China knows that shit would mess up their country for decades, and they'd tame NK by paying them off, smacking their hand, etc.  Nukes ended or we cook them, but get the men out of SK so we don't have targets there.

I want our forces to be safe and NK to lose their nukes.  It's that simple.  Force the world's hand, and if that doesn't work, you cook their asses so bad there ain't no coming back.

agree/disagree?