« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2009, 12:39:53 PM »
Lee has to be the most respectable MR O ever,

No one has a bad word to say about him.

Raised a family during his reign as MR O

Good Heart

x3. He's a great person

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Haney
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2009, 02:19:15 PM »
Lee has to be the most respectable MR O ever,

No one has a bad word to say about him.

Raised a family during his reign as MR O

Good Heart

Very nice guy judged one of my shows once, he was the last of the small waisted Mr O's.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 02:49:35 PM »
During his reign he looked fairly normal in street clothes. 

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »

Same as when people mention the greatness of Steve Reeves. I don't see it. I just don't.

A true class act and true all around awesome human being but as a bodybuilder/Mr. Olympia? I don't see what other people see.

Steve Reeves? At best was no more than a guy who might look good on a beach and to this day people still speak of his physique like it aligned the planets.

Haney? Weak arms, weird abs and narrow quads.

Am I blind?

- Block!
?

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 08:35:47 PM »
From the same shoot

Not the same shoot... The first one is from '84, this one on the juke is from '91.

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 08:40:06 PM »
Same as when people mention the greatness of Steve Reeves. I don't see it. I just don't.

A true class act and true all around awesome human being but as a bodybuilder/Mr. Olympia? I don't see what other people see.

Steve Reeves? At best was no more than a guy who might look good on a beach and to this day people still speak of his physique like it aligned the planets.

Am I blind?

- Block!

You might be blind, Shane. Haney was a beast.

Stavios

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 09:09:28 PM »

Am I blind?

- Block!

same here

about haney and reeves

dustin

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2009, 09:12:48 PM »
Haney doesn't have a very voluptuous roid belly. :-\

LOL just joking, obviously... absolutely amazing bodybuilder. Huge, round muscle bellies, exceptionally proportioned and symmetrical. Definitely a top pussy pulling physique. The guys on stage nowadays should shoot for something more refined like Haney, albeit a little larger considering the current state of bodybuilding, the new drugs on the scene and the level of drug abuse.

I think it'd be better if the guys on stage looked like him but it won't happen any time soon. If they could at least be a little more cognizant of their roid bellies and misshapen, SEO'd out limbs. Prototypical bodybuilding GOD.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2009, 01:27:23 AM »
Hard to beleave this shot was taken 24 yrs ago :o :o :o

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2009, 01:56:57 AM »
During his reign he looked fairly normal in street clothes. 

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 01:58:01 AM »
Strydom wishing he'd done more rows

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 02:02:54 AM »
Hard to beleave this shot was taken 24 yrs ago :o :o :o

i always believe his legs were great for his time.. some ppl try to underrate them now!!

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 02:07:50 AM »
Nice shirt on Lee (no homo)

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2009, 03:20:20 AM »
i always believe his legs were great for his time.. some ppl try to underrate them now!!
Yes thats right Sherief, Lee did have great legs for those times, Lee had a increadible Physqiue with only really his bicep SIZE being a debatible issue, his chest, waist, back, and shoulders were outstanding, some people seem to forget that in 1984-1991 a 250lb BB in that sort of shape was out of this world... Lee pushed new boundarys in shape/seperation and muscular size (as Arnold had before him) then along came Dorian yates who took things to yet another level in 1993.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2009, 04:11:54 AM »
Yes thats right Sherief, Lee did have great legs for those times, Lee had a increadible Physqiue with only really his bicep SIZE being a debatible issue, his chest, waist, back, and shoulders were outstanding, some people seem to forget that in 1984-1991 a 250lb BB in that sort of shape was out of this world... Lee pushed new boundarys in shape/seperation and muscular size (as Arnold had before him) then along came Dorian yates who took things to yet another level in 1993.

totally agree with you.. lee at the same shape of 91 could have won mr. o. 92 but 93 was another story!!..

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2009, 05:25:34 AM »
dorian holidng his own there,,,impressive indeed

You might be blind, Shane. Haney was a beast.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 10:06:51 AM »
haney realistically had the most ideal bbing build imo...huge in all the right places yet still able to be mobile and function like a normal human being. unlike todays freak shows who are huge in all the WRONG places, look like bloated redfaced balloons who can barely walk up stairs

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 01:27:36 PM »

Am I blind?

- Block!

Dont know bout weak arms, the bicep attachments are high and that torso overpowered everything!

With regards to the abs, I recall another great 8 time champ that had similar thing going on, but with a huge gut spilling over, couldnt exactly do a vaccuum. Nobody is perfect I suppose.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2009, 02:02:26 PM »
Dont know bout weak arms, the bicep attachments are high and that torso overpowered everything!

With regards to the abs, I recall another great 8 time champ that had similar thing going on, but with a huge gut spilling over, couldnt exactly do a vaccuum. Nobody is perfect I suppose.

Damn looks like Haney beats all these punks ;D

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 04:42:23 PM »
Like Arnold, Haney was WAY ahead of his time. Actually, saddly so was Bertil Fox, but he was forced to come in smaller and smaller, yet Lee was encouraged to come in larger and larger (without compromising his great proportions).

Incubi

• Getbig II
  • Levrone Approved!
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2009, 10:37:05 PM »
sorry to burst your bubble....but haney at 250lb or yates at 257lb didnt take things to a new level.

Louie has been 275lb since the 70's and he made Arnold look very small and thin from a distance pic shot.

Further more Gunter has had decent overall shape and been 300lb on stage and was never higher than 4th.

Jay was always placed way ahead of G and that's an insult. G's upper body lines are nice and ripped and Jay is bloated and thick w/out lines.

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2009, 10:38:47 PM »
My favorite Haney pic.

What a bber should look like, IMO.

The sewer fog really adds to the homosexual fantasy in that picture.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2009, 12:37:31 AM »
sorry to burst your bubble....but haney at 250lb or yates at 257lb didnt take things to a new level.

Louie has been 275lb since the 70's and he made Arnold look very small and thin from a distance pic shot.

Further more Gunter has had decent overall shape and been 300lb on stage and was never higher than 4th.

Jay was always placed way ahead of G and that's an insult. G's upper body lines are nice and ripped and Jay is bloated and thick w/out lines.

For sure, many have been larger, but not necessarily better, also remember Gunter and Lou's heights.

Interesting how all shots I see, are from Arnies angle, so he's closer to camera... ;)

AVBG

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2009, 12:47:37 AM »
Haney was the best ever IMO.