Author Topic: Best for abs  (Read 7269 times)

Taylor

• Getbig II
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
Re: Best for abs
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 08:08:04 PM »
abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym .You can have great abs but if you have fat whats the point :( cardio,diet an a good workout plan.Thats it 

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 08:36:09 AM »
What is the single best exercise for ab definition and strength and single best dietary rule to follow?  Wondering what everyone's opinion is on this.

Sprints and low carbs. Say hello to your new abs.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 06:56:27 AM »
I am losing a lot of weight for the first time in my life and it's due to increased cardio (everyday without fail)...ab exercises from different angles....and lower caloric intake.....no fast food, pizzas, soda, candy, etc...still lift weights but I have de-emphasized it in favor of the cardio....my big stomach is almost gone and I feel really good....I've lost weight and inches but there has been a loss in some strength as well which I guess is expected.....

yes I am now a believer that fat is lost in the kitchen not in the gym

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2009, 10:57:30 AM »
Anyone believe training abs makes your midsection look worse? Lower mostly: reverse crunches, knee/leg lifts, etc. - seems they just blow up the obliques.

Plus, I don't wanna train abs anymore.

MemberX

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Tough guy
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2009, 11:04:32 AM »
Heavy Squats

G

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2009, 03:34:16 PM »
I was told ab wheel rolls
X

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
vince gironda said don't do abs at all
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 01:11:16 PM »

70sBB

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 11:39:47 AM »
Cutting out the sugar and sweets will most definitely help. 

Sprinting over jogging.

Old fashioned SITUPS.
Lay on the floor with your legs bent and don't have anyone hold your ankles and don't tuck you feet under anything.  Do a full situp and see how hard it is and how many different muscles are activated (upper and lower abs, obliques, lower back, etc.).  It's actually a hard exercise but you will notice that it takes more effort than any other ab exercise.  I've worked my way up from 15 to doing sets with 100 reps and have actually done 200 non-stop.  I look around the gym and see people doing all kinds of fancy exercises for their abs and they never look like they're really working hard- it shows.  I'm sorry but all the ab machines are a waste of time and doing endless crunches on a ball is just too easy.
JMHO