Author Topic: Just got back from pre judgings  (Read 6963 times)

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
Re: Just got back from pre judgings
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2009, 06:06:46 PM »
you just need 2-3 weeks of addititionnal dieting and the right supps IMO

8)

Your physique is getting there Matt, it's only a matter of time.

Stavios approved  :D

Thanks Stavios, yeh i could have used another 2-3 weeks.   I think i'll do a 20 week diet next time to be safe and so im not freaking out that last few weeks!. 

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2009, 06:23:45 PM »
Yo! Never gave you the due props! You look fantastic. A superb natural! I have my doubts bout that but in any case your physique is incredible and you should be proud of yourself. Not hating, but how's you leg training intensity been? Admit to any slacking?
~

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2009, 06:27:34 PM »
I agree with Stavios, I don't think the legs are really lagging much. Just lose the last bit of fat.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2009, 06:30:49 PM »
do you have a picture with you and the overall winner ?

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2009, 12:13:10 AM »
some more pics coming in from different photographers

i think i need to apply a few more coats of protan next time, im like the lightest guy on stage and im half black!

Stavios

« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2009, 12:23:55 AM »
I usually agree with No One but I have to say from those pics, with better conditionning I don't see why he thinks you aren't ready for the Canadian Nationals

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2009, 12:24:17 AM »
Do the other guys on the stage even workout?

Stavios

« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2009, 12:27:20 AM »
Do the other guys on the stage even workout?

I think they look good, picture always make people look worst.

you would see those guys in the gym and you would say they look good

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2009, 12:36:13 AM »
I usually agree with No One but I have to say from those pics, with better conditionning I don't see why he thinks you aren't ready for the Canadian Nationals

Maybe he was saying that with this condition i wouldn't be ready for nationals which is 100% true,  i think my structure is ready for nationals, now its just a matter of adding abit of density to the legs, and refining my upper body and having that dry hard look on stage with very tight hams, glutes, and quads.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »
Maybe he was saying that with this condition i wouldn't be ready for nationals which is 100% true,  i think my structure is ready for nationals, now its just a matter of adding abit of density to the legs, and refining my upper body and having that dry hard look on stage with very tight hams, glutes, and quads.

+1

you have beautiful lines and symmetry, but for some reason your having trouble getting your lower body lean/ dry enough. i say both because it is not 'just' not being dry enough, or 'lean' enough but a combination of the two.

i honestly don't think your quads are lacking that much, yes they can come up, (a little more sweep would give the illusion of you having great quads, especially given your symmetry) but the trick is getting them lean/ dry enough.

if you can do this you will show well at the nats. but your class there is known for conditioning and thats where my concern comes in.

i come off as an asshole on here alot (its all in fun- to me anyway) and have been picking on you but the way you have handled it is a credit to you. in this sport there are too many egos who think they are better than they are, i was seeing if you were one. you are not. your a down to earth guy with a great physique who i think will fare well at the nats if you can get your lower body sorted out.

good luck.

b

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2009, 03:19:56 PM »
+1

you have beautiful lines and symmetry, but for some reason your having trouble getting your lower body lean/ dry enough. i say both because it is not 'just' not being dry enough, or 'lean' enough but a combination of the two.

i honestly don't think your quads are lacking that much, yes they can come up, (a little more sweep would give the illusion of you having great quads, especially given your symmetry) but the trick is getting them lean/ dry enough.

if you can do this you will show well at the nats. but your class there is known for conditioning and thats where my concern comes in.

i come off as an asshole on here alot (its all in fun- to me anyway) and have been picking on you but the way you have handled it is a credit to you. in this sport there are too many egos who think they are better than they are, i was seeing if you were one. you are not. your a down to earth guy with a great physique who i think will fare well at the nats if you can get your lower body sorted out.

good luck.

Thanks bro, and i agree with what you said, guys in my weight class at nats know how to come in shredded to the bone, i have yet to achieve that, so right there they have an advantage over me, even if my structure might be abit better.   I got myself ready for this show on my own, but its tuff cause i second guess myself.  I need to find a good coach that knows my body.  I wish i could hook up with Chris Aceto as he got Troy Alves lower half dryed out, i seem to have the same problem as Troy, his upper body is great, but he always had trouble getting the hams, glutes, and quads dry and hard.  And Chris was able to get Troy into his best condition!.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2009, 03:27:44 PM »

are you kidding me? you had no competition at all. 

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2009, 08:07:11 PM »
great job Matt!

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2009, 04:50:45 PM »

MattT