Author Topic: Did you ever go old school and wear construction boots to the gym?  (Read 810 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
I remember the old days of flex where all of the guys were wearing construction boots.  Like that one photo of nasser wearing the lumber jack shirt or dillet wearing the leather suspenders.  So like a total wannabe at the time ( I was 17) I wore construction boots to the gym for about a year before I realized how lame it was and un-schmoed myself.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Did you ever go old school and wear construction boots to the gym?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 07:57:49 AM »

Nothing screamed "Hardcore!" like wearing loose-fitting jeans and construction boots (the real kind, not the club kids version) to the gym back then. 

But soon enough, lots of places began banning jeans on the gym floor, which f'd up a lot of my training scenarios...I wanted to look like a dude in the ANIMAL ads.   ;D

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Did you ever go old school and wear construction boots to the gym?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 07:59:54 AM »
I remember the old days of flex where all of the guys were wearing construction boots.  Like that one photo of nasser wearing the lumber jack shirt or dillet wearing the leather suspenders.  So like a total wannabe at the time ( I was 17) I wore construction boots to the gym for about a year before I realized how lame it was and un-schmoed myself.

Glad you realised the schmoeness of your ways.  I thought we were gonna have to do a schmoe intervention.