Author Topic: Dana shits on Steve Mazzagatti  (Read 1059 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Dana shits on Steve Mazzagatti
« on: June 16, 2009, 10:14:12 PM »
Dana White had some pretty harsh words for referee Steve Mazzagatti at the UFC 99 Q&A:

White also crushed referee Steve Mazzagatti (41:02). He was asked about Big John McCarthy and his absence from officiating UFC fights. White said he has zero control over officials; if he did Mazzagatti would never ref in the UFC again.

Steve was the runner up in our 2008 Worsties awards for worst ref, but he didn’t even come close to getting the number of votes Orange Tan Dan Miragliotta earned. I guess Dana is still upset at Mazzagatti for letting Forrest Griffin take a beating in his fight against Rashad Evans.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: Dana shits on Steve Mazzagatti
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 05:17:36 PM »
He should be crapping on Dan Mirgliotta for the lousy job he did in the CroCop fight.
!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 07:12:49 PM »
whats strange is dan was a great ref back in the reality fighting shows and ring of combats, dan also had his own fight org called bama fight night. bayway academy of martial arts was the school i trained at, bama for short, he was awesome as a ref. i guess the big show/ufc got him nervous or something and he made some bad calls
R

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 09:19:14 PM »
whats strange is dan was a great ref back in the reality fighting shows and ring of combats, dan also had his own fight org called bama fight night. bayway academy of martial arts was the school i trained at, bama for short, he was awesome as a ref. i guess the big show/ufc got him nervous or something and he made some bad calls
I remember that school! It was under the overpass there on the 1&9 in Elizebeth, right? I probably met you there once or twice, gracie.
Dan's wasn't my regular school, but I liked to go there to mix it up from the school I was mainly training at down in Princeton. I never went to any of the fight nights there and I can't remember Dan. I was so into experimenting with different styles and dabbling in arts that could mesh with my own. Bama was considered one of the certified shootfighting schools. I started hitting Renzo's school for awhile after Bama, until we got a Machado BJJ black belt at my primary academy.
!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 08:57:08 PM »
I remember that school! It was under the overpass there on the 1&9 in Elizebeth, right? I probably met you there once or twice, gracie.
Dan's wasn't my regular school, but I liked to go there to mix it up from the school I was mainly training at down in Princeton. I never went to any of the fight nights there and I can't remember Dan. I was so into experimenting with different styles and dabbling in arts that could mesh with my own. Bama was considered one of the certified shootfighting schools. I started hitting Renzo's school for awhile after Bama, until we got a Machado BJJ black belt at my primary academy.

yes that what the place benny, it was a great place to train cause we had guys who trained in every art imaginable,lol.your right it was right under the overpass. it used to be a donut factory before dan bought it back in the late 80,s or early 90,s, i used to go there from 96 or so till it closed in 2003. then i went to renzos also in manhatten, but i went in the morning and trained under john daneher, johns bjj was/is the nastiest around imo. renzos was killing me financially though cause of the train expense, it was costing me 180$ a month just in train fees. but i learned alot at renzos and my game really shot up to a new level, great place to train imo
R

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 09:10:31 AM »
Dan Mirgliotta is by far the WORSE!  I wouldn't be surprised if that guy was taking money to influence fights.
w