Author Topic: Road Warriors' book:  (Read 3010 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Road Warriors' book:
« on: May 03, 2011, 12:26:11 PM »
I can't remember if this has been discussed:
Has anyone bought (and read) Animal's RW book?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Road Warriors' book:
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 01:14:43 PM »
I haven't but I heard it was really good.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 02:35:17 PM »
Might be a summertime read for me.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:02:28 AM »
I have.
Bought it and read it in 24 hours (2 nights).
A very good read, I didn't want to put it down.
Combines all the good things, lifting, wrestling, road stories, etc.
Recommended...

~Dave

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 05:22:27 AM »
Easy read, took about two hours.  What really struck me funny is how VKM knew about Hawks drug problem and decided to work that into a angle.  What I read, it seemed like Animal was pretty pissed but Hawk said he was okay with it and VM said to Hawk "way to be a team player".  I already knew VKM was a scum bag but reading this, just confirmed it.  You don't joke about drug addiction or use it in angles, esp. when the person is battling them.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 06:26:54 AM »
Easy read, took about two hours.  What really struck me funny is how VKM knew about Hawks drug problem and decided to work that into a angle.  What I read, it seemed like Animal was pretty pissed but Hawk said he was okay with it and VM said to Hawk "way to be a team player".  I already knew VKM was a scum bag but reading this, just confirmed it.  You don't joke about drug addiction or use it in angles, esp. when the person is battling them.
That was tasteless how VInce worked a person's real life issues into an angle. He did it with Jake Roberts too and Bishoff did it with Scott Hall. Its pathetic. Anything for ratings.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 10:05:14 AM »
Jake said that he was ok with his problems being turned into a storyline, but was pissed that Lawler used actual whiskey in the feud.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 10:48:22 AM »
Jake said that he was ok with his problems being turned into a storyline, but was pissed that Lawler used actual whiskey in the feud.
Yes sir....even in his dvd he states how it got outta hand and that in the locker room people would spike his coke or sprite with whiskey and laugh behind his back.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 02:47:39 PM »
I bought this book as soon as it came out!!! It was amazing!! I read it in one day and then I reread it over and over about 10 times. It was easy and such a blast to relive so many memories in my head. I followed the RW's ever since I was a little kid. They were the greatest and one of the best I've ever read. Hell, probably read it again tonight!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 05:34:56 AM »
Just finished it; 3 day read.

Some highlights that I thought were interesting;

1. Started the Zubaz company
2. Brought in the Warlord
3. Interesting story about Warlord botching a spot and landing on Animals head
4. Beside Johnny Ace, there was another brother who had short fame as the Terminator...

Sad how Vince buried them at the end, not sure if Hawk's problems soured the relationship in Vince's mind, the tag team division was going bye bye or combo of both

I actually rented this from the local library, not sure if I would read it again..

Onto Ric Flair's Bio....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 05:47:28 AM »
Just finished it; 3 day read.

Some highlights that I thought were interesting;

1. Started the Zubaz company
2. Brought in the Warlord
3. Interesting story about Warlord botching a spot and landing on Animals head
4. Beside Johnny Ace, there was another brother who had short fame as the Terminator...

Sad how Vince buried them at the end, not sure if Hawk's problems soured the relationship in Vince's mind, the tag team division was going bye bye or combo of both

I actually rented this from the local library, not sure if I would read it again..

Onto Ric Flair's Bio....
Regardless of Vince's bullshit treatment of the Road Warriors, they will always be remembered for their NWA / WCW / GCW & Japan Stints where they dominated the tag team ranks.