Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Gym/Stores/Industry Business Board
Forex - Anyone here trade?
(1/7) > >>
RJ DRIVER:
Anyone here trade Forex.  I've been interested in getting started in the market for a while and I'm looking for suggestions.  Any reliabel brokers with easy to use patforms.  All hints tips and suggestions are appreciated.
sync pulse:
Forex seems too good to be true...While there certainly are speculators who make money, most don't.
Straw Man:

--- Quote from: sync pulse on June 20, 2009, 05:37:36 PM ---Forex seems too good to be true...While there certainly are speculators who make money, most don't.

--- End quote ---

I thought the same thing but I swear this is a true story.   A very good friend of mine (with no trading experience) took a 50k acct and ran it up to over 2 million in ~ 5 months.  The story is even more incredible than that.  First he took 25k and lost it all. Then he took his last 50k out of a retirement acct and ran it up to almost 3 million in a few months, then back down to just over a million and then back up to a bit over 2 million.   I'd call bullshit too but I know this for a fact. 

I've traded Tbond/TNote futures, options and stocks and I know how hard it is to be successful.  I've been dabbling (key word) with a simulated trading acct with Forex.com and I've read a few books on the topic, with this one being the best by far (so far):
http://www.amazon.com/Beat-Forex-Dealer-insiders-exchange/dp/0470722088

The simulated platforms are a huge advantage over when I first started trading in the early 90's.  Take your time and practice as much as possible and if you go live consider starting with a mini acct and try to limit yourself to a 10 to 1 margin (even though the forex dealers will give your 100 to 1 or more). 

RJ DRIVER:
Thanks for the help guys.  I'm gonna give that book a try it seems like a good read.  I've been dabbling on a demo account with moderate success.  I was thinking about a $500-1000 nut.  Is that too low or is this a good starting point?
Straw Man:

--- Quote from: RJ DRIVER on June 28, 2009, 01:30:05 PM ---Thanks for the help guys.  I'm gonna give that book a try it seems like a good read.  I've been dabbling on a demo account with moderate success.  I was thinking about a $500-1000 nut.  Is that too low or is this a good starting point?

--- End quote ---

way too low to trade even one regular lot

start with a mini acct
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version