Author Topic: I used to be as big as you when I worked out,lol  (Read 1879 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: I used to be as big as you when I worked out,lol
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 09:56:05 PM »
The best is the guys who tell you they used to warm up with 4 plates a side , back when they played soccer and were 195 lbs @ 3% bf...oh and at a height of 5'2

jbreezey

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 09:24:32 AM »
Do you guys ever get this? The guy who says this is most of the time fat ,out of shape, 50% time drunk.
They walk up to you and say I used to be as big as you, or I was bigger then you.Then the follow up with my arms were 17" and I weighed 195lbs.The best part is, and I benched 300lbs, .Why dont these guys ever mention there legs or how much they squated.I bet most of them did have 17" but thats only because they worked there chest and arms every day with there Joe Weider, or Sears, plasic cement filled weights.
I usually say wow, you were big.
Then sometimes they will ask how much I weigh, or how big arms are, then most of the time they feel stupid.
Now I am no monster because im retired.But I weigh 250-250lbs and my arms are still right around 20".
I am nothing special, I am in just decent shape.It just cracks me up how these guys always come up to me bragging about how big they were in there past.
The best part is, they always say they either met, know or had a freind who trained with Arnold , or Joe Weider, lol.
Havent we all trained with or met Arnold?, lol

Yea there was this older guy who was a trainer at our gym, I think his name is Joe. He was always at the pullup station and was working out beside me. Well one day he says to me, "when I was younger I looked like you." I said quit bullshitting me Joe. He said yea I used to. I said you mean to tell me you were black when you was my age!!! GetItOnNY and Croatch you both know the guy I'm talking about.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 09:28:42 AM »
Yeah i used to hear that shit a lot...best one i ever heard was in a newsagents, two dudes walk in and pick up a copy of flex, I think nasser was on the cover. First dude turns to the other and says, when I was in the Force (police) I was bigger than that, and I didnt use any drugs, you dont need drugs to get like that....second dude turns to him and goes 'yeah well theyre all on drugs now arent they, have you heard of this creatine everybody's taking?'

fucking hell....

Man some yuppie came into my shop today and said 'i cant believe you still selling creatine on the shelves,its lethal and its gonna be banned'
I just said yes they'll ban it when they ban steak cos theres more creatine in a large steak than in a serving of supplemental creatine

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 09:35:28 AM »
My brother's high school debate team teammate's friend's cousin used to weigh 320 lbs at 6'2 and 4 % bodyfat year round when he was training for the Mr Olympia and World's Strongest Man in his parents' garage and used to bench 575 lbs and squat 820 lbs and deadlift 750 lbs for reps and used to be so much bigger than you and he was all natural but then he decided to slim down and go for the health look.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2009, 10:56:25 AM »
Bast sorry about the typo, my weight varies from 250-255lbs.....Bewing 250-250lbs would be a varying at all....
I heard another story the other day.My uncle used to be huge, he weighed 350lbs, and be benched 600lbs.
I asked do you have any pictures of your uncle.The guy goes no, are family doesnt really keep in touch with him,lol.
I bet his uncles really was 190lbs had 16" arms, and training in his garage,lol.He probalby never training legs and wore sweat pants all the time.Because monday was chest day, Tuesday was arms, Wednesday was chest again, then Thursday was arms.Then Friday, was chest and arms to pump up for the girl before he goes out.
When he goes out he wears his little sisters shirt, so its tight, and his dads pants, to hide his legs, that are 2" smaller then his arms.He even ignores his legs to the point that he only shaves his chest and arms, his legs are still very hairy .
Legs who needs then, I walk on them all day, so they get worked out all the time,lol

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2009, 01:13:52 PM »
i heard this many times it's always a fat bastard never a skinny guy for some reason.
F