Author Topic: Case Study - Bob Paris - Another Juicer Who Shrunk Incredibly  (Read 9096 times)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: Case Study - Bob Paris - Another Juicer Who Shrunk Incredibly
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 10:51:43 PM »
His calves still look big. Even bigger than his shoulders and arms combined.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 11:38:12 PM »

:D

Pathetic, fuck juicers. Stay Natural.

Method101 Approved.

Bob Paris is completely out of the bodybuilding scene.  He no longer answers any questions about fitness or weight training and no longer operates a personal training business even online.  He doesn't weight train but simply rides his bike and walks for exercise.

His physique is his own personal choice that he decided to change and he's still in great shape.  But here's the official word on his status that he wrote:

You may have noticed that I've removed both the Fitness Advice and Life Coach pages. To all of you who turned to me for advice, thank you. To those of you who have used my fitness books: Cheers! I am honored that you trusted me to help.

So, why did I decide to end my Fitness and Life Coaching service? Quite simply because it doesn't reflect who I am or where I am in life. I'm not in the fitness business anymore and really haven't been for a long time. As most of you know, I retired from professional bodybuilding more than 17 years ago. While I certainly respect those who remain interested in serious bodybuilding, it is only a part of my life in one area: I'm writing a story about a fictionalized bodybuilding world; a project I've been quietly working on for quite some time.

However, I'm not a bodybuilder anymore -- I'm a former professional bodybuilder. If you see physique photos of me online, they are from many, many years ago (and mostly pirated, posted in violation of copyrights -- but that's rant-worthy material for another post).

Anyway, I intentionally dropped all those big muscles a long time ago (I've weighed a consistent 180-or-so pounds for the past 15 years). That said, I remain totally committed to a fit lifestyle; but for many years it has revolved around intense hatha yoga, cycling (an exhilarating way to blend transportation and exercise), hiking the woods and mountains around my home and lots of other outdoor sports. For the first 15 years after my retirement from competition, I was also a pretty serious runner -- that's how I dropped from 230 to 180. In fact, I used to run between 30 and 50 miles a week. But a nagging lower back injury curtailed my running life a couple of years ago (and I'm very bummed about that; I really, really miss my daily runs -- far more than I've ever missed any other form of exercise).

Anyhow...what does this have to do with removing the Fitness Advice page from my site? Just this: For years writing and talking about fitness and wellness was, I guess, my "day job" -- work performed solely to support my true passions; akin to waiting tables when one is actually an actor.

I've simply reached a point where continuing to divert any amount of energy and attention away from my real life's work -- ie: absolute, uninterrupted commitment to writing both screenplays and novels (along with a liberal dose of acting, just 'cause I dig it so!) -- wasn't cuttin' it anymore.

And that's the point of this post. To put out there in public what's been a long-standing reality for me in private. Like so many times before, I've realized that if I don't do it now, I'll regret it -- and I do so hate regrets; in fact, I believe in striving to subvert potential regrets long before they take root.

So, here on the cusp of this new (scary and exciting) year, I raise a toast to each and every one of us following our true paths.

I promise to post regularly about what really matters to me (creativity, the outdoors, commitment to living according to true passions and ideals, the search for depth and meaning). And, I'll also be posting a regular v-blog. I hope you'll check back often.

Here's to living life with truth, depth and passion.

Here's to an amazing 2009!

I highlighted this section because its obvious that he has a problem with people copyrighting his pictures and honestly I can't blame him if he's wanting to wash his hands of bodybuilding
A

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 11:49:32 PM »
This is only a case study once again on how few posting here train seriously and do all the other things needed to maximize potential. The article highlights some of the things everyone's missed in overly-simplifying it to mainly drugs and eating:

-He deliberately wanted to lose size - fitness/actor goals completely overcame any desire for size.
-Guys who drop size radically stop BB training, not just eating.
-Does absolutely nothing to maintain size and is active in ways that would slim anyone out.
-Relative to other BBs, he wasn't huge to begin with.
-Recent shots aren't BB in nature, not intended to emphasize size through the use of angles, clothing and pumpups that made him look as big as possible vs. even slimmer now and actually intent on smaller size.

Add to that the simple ideas about drugs and eating. Neither of those works much without the effort he put in, now entirely missing in terms of lifting.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 12:40:28 AM »

Method101 Approved.

In his prime, this man could get any woman on earth.

Please never disrespect him again.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 01:15:03 AM »
In his prime, this man could get any man on earth.

Please never disrespect him again.

He lost all his weight runnin, humpin, and dumpin the juicy-juice. He now writes plays on man-love and birds. I think they are Swallows.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 02:05:57 AM »
its not just the juice you ass clowns    .....when most, if not all of these guys go off steroids, do you really think they keep up that crazy diet too....hell no     of course they are gonna shrink
did you notice that these type of comentaries come from people who look like shit and never competed or bb seriously ?

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 02:49:24 AM »
Method is 16yrs of age
He knows no better

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2009, 02:52:45 AM »
Method is 16yrs of age
He knows no better
my point is : how the fuck do you rip on one of the top physiques in bb hystory and along with Zane the embodiement of bb ???/

beard

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 03:43:35 AM »
Great physique back in the days! Still looking healthy and happy and in shape.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2009, 06:31:02 AM »

Method101 Approved.

If you stop training and big eating almost all together do you thing that has something to do with it also?

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2009, 07:34:29 AM »

Method101 Approved.
bull shit......i say get some balls and try to do something great and worthwhile yourself.....instead of dissing one of the greats the irongame has ever seen......

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2009, 07:49:33 AM »
Great physique back in the days! Still looking healthy and happy and in shape.
THIS. How can anyone hate on that!? Makes no sense.  ???

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2009, 07:54:40 AM »
He looks very good.

Has that natural look on him and i bet he is still in shape with abs.

calves look good so do his biceps..

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2009, 08:27:48 AM »
my point is : how the fuck do you rip on one of the top physiques in bb hystory and along with Zane the embodiement of bb ???/

how? method101 = total dumbfuck (gimmick/troll).

this is larger than method will ever be - so of course he rips on the guy. twinks are bitter little shits  :)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2009, 08:41:41 AM »
As Vince posted, Bob doesn't weight train anymore.  Seems like he got burned out.  Great physique for just hiking and biking and living a healthy lifestyle.

I read his book (it was really good)...he never liked the drugs and it seems he never went as overboard as some of the guys.

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2009, 09:51:14 AM »

Method101 Approved.

no gay, but he looks excellent in either shot. Why judge the decisions of others, especially when they have no bearing on you whatsoever? If an adult wants to juice, fine. Who cares? Why all the so and so is all drugs.. esp Chic? Of course he's on. So?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2009, 10:07:52 AM »
could still pull 100times more pussy than u....
if he wasn't gay.
A

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »
Bob is 50 years old and has been away from the sport for some time.  He looks better than the thread starter could ever hope to.  Another jealous, hating getbigger.