Author Topic: do you "enjoy your workout?"  (Read 14895 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: do you "enjoy your workout?"
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2009, 10:27:30 PM »
Hmmm this is a very good question.  Lately I have not been enjoying my workouts, but I think that is mainly attributed to me being in such terrible shape.  When I was in better shape I did enjoy them more.  There are peaks and valleys I guess, just don't have the proper motivations right now. 

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2009, 05:18:48 AM »
I always enjoy the feeling I get just before I hit the gym - it's the expectation of sensing you'll have a good workout.

Whenever I train it never feels like a chore unless I'm ill or overtired (which is rare).

Obviously some workouts are more successful than others - I may exceed my goals for the day or I may fall short. Either way - it's the process that drives me and I never dread going to the gym - if it's not enjoyable, then you should be asking yourself why you are bothering to do it.

heretostay13

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2009, 11:49:12 AM »
For me it hits hard when I do that first set and I think to myself, "Oh man, this is just 1 set...I have 15 more to go" or whatever. That's when the dread feeling sets in, but it last usually only for a moment or two then I don't even think about it any more. I think about the 2nd or 3rd exercise I see the pump, I feel the work being done, and I really begin to enjoy my workout.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2009, 01:21:28 PM »
For me it hits hard when I do that first set and I think to myself, "Oh man, this is just 1 set...I have 15 more to go" or whatever. That's when the dread feeling sets in, but it last usually only for a moment or two then I don't even think about it any more. I think about the 2nd or 3rd exercise I see the pump, I feel the work being done, and I really begin to enjoy my workout.

Your workout should only consist of one set - the one you're on.

heretostay13

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2009, 10:50:07 PM »
It's not like I think about it during the set. I don't at all. I'm focused on each and every set, not worrying about the one before or the one coming next. The thought arises AFTER that first set. I think, "wow...that was kind of rough and painful...got 15 more sets of this ahead"

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2010, 11:57:23 AM »
I enjoy my workouts...for what they're worth.  We obviously have a gym at my work so I quit my regular gym.  I workout during lunch...so I only get about 50 min.  So when I'm in there I don't have too much time, but it allows me to get away from my desk...so that's nice too.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2010, 03:31:56 PM »
They`ll have to pry a barbell from my cold dead hands on the day I quit training!

big ban

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2010, 11:21:44 PM »
When you are progressing, gaining size, then workout time is a freakin blast  ;D

Workout sucks a$$ when u are on a down trend!!! You feel like crap and you just want to get the heck out of the gym as soon as u can...I hate those days

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 01:27:48 PM »
Hm, never really thought about it. I hate getting up in the mornings and going. That's always a drag. Once I am there, I definitely enjoy my workouts. Obviously, this waxes and wanes during the year, but overall I enjoy working out.
X

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2010, 06:52:31 PM »
I love working out. It does nothing but make me feel better. It's like a high. And I'm addicted. Being in your body your entire life is a good reason to have a good one right? A good quote, "The body is a projection of the mind."

newmom

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2010, 07:03:36 PM »
I agree NORMALLY I enjoy and live for my twice a day workouts...Rarely though, waking up at 515am for a 6  mile run, IM like UGH, but after it I know why I love working out

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 12:34:13 AM »
I love working out. It does nothing but make me feel better. It's like a high. And I'm addicted. Being in your body your entire life is a good reason to have a good one right? A good quote, "The body is a projection of the mind."
literally.  ;)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2010, 04:44:25 PM »
Lifting weights and doing cardio is like hitting yourself in the head with a baseball bat.  It really hurts but it feels so good when you stop.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2010, 06:27:13 PM »
i enjoy it being over...

i really only enjoy doing chest shoulders and tri's anymore......i hate back, and bi's.....and doing legs is ok....

bench

seopenkey

• Getbig I
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 04:56:35 AM »
Hi All,

Yes, exercise is the real fun. But, You must perform exercise under the guidance of trainer if you want to enjoy at the time of exercising. I enjoy my exercise with my personal trainer at home that is  vibration plate.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2011, 05:20:50 AM »
Listen to me, a few years back, explain how someone with your genetics should train and eat. This will be the greatest information you have ever heard.

brad pitt...12 monkeys
DAWG

Johnny_Blaze

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2011, 09:16:17 AM »
I always enjoy it but once I'm right in it I love it!
Just Do It