Author Topic: Billy Mays Found Dead  (Read 9176 times)

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
Re: PIP Billy Mays
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2009, 06:48:23 PM »
I'm more likely to believe him saying he had something fall on his head than some random spokeswhore trying to cover her ass.

Agreed.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2009, 06:50:05 PM »
billy's glorious beard and hair should have protected his head region from any blows?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2009, 06:53:54 PM »
"He was taking Xanax to keep him calm and pain medication but he was terribly frightened and anxious about the upcoming surgery on this upcoming Monday."

Could Mays death have been caused by drugs and/or a head injury? Authorities are hoping the autopsy and lab tests will be able to determine a cause of death within a day or two.

The hip replacement surgery was scheduled for this Monday, (June 29). Mays had his first hip replacement surgery last year but had a long recovery. They then performed surgery again in January 2009 but Mays was said to have been having trouble with it healing correctly.  Saturday Mays used Twitter to fill in family and friends stating, "Getting ready to fly back to Tampa from Philly.  Monday is the big day (hip replacement no. 3) Keep you posted."

Mays had been in Philadelphia shooting television sales ads but flew home on yesterday (June 27) to on Tampa Florida. There were troubles with the US Air flight, as the plane it blew out two front tires upon landing. The plane’s skidding caused items to fall from the overhead bins, hitting Mays and some of the other passengers.

Mays laughingly told the local TV station about the flying debris, “"It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head." He appeared to be injury free.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2009, 06:54:03 PM »
billy's glorious beard and hair should have protected his head region from any blows?

At the worst, Oxi Clean should have buffed it right out.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2009, 06:57:24 PM »
He just completed a fresh OxiClean ad, so we're set. His body of work lives on.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2009, 06:58:04 PM »
TV pitchman and reality star Billy Mays was facing a third hip replacement surgery. He was extremely scared over the prospect of his upcoming surgery and was on medication to help calm his fears.

The hip replacement surgery was scheduled for this Monday, (June 29). Mays had his first hip replacement surgery last year but had a long recovery. They then performed surgery again in January 2009 but Mays was said to have been having trouble with it healing correctly.  Saturday Mays used Twitter to fill in family and friends stating, "Getting ready to fly back to Tampa from Philly.  Monday is the big day (hip replacement no. 3) Keep you posted."

Mays had been in Philadelphia shooting television sales ads but flew home on yesterday (June 27) to on Tampa Florida. There were troubles with the US Air flight, as the plane it blew out two front tires upon landing. The plane’s skidding caused items to fall from the overhead bins, hitting Mays and some of the other passengers.

Mays laughingly told the local TV station about the flying debris, “"It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head." He appeared to be injury free.

Radar online states a source close to Mays revealed, "He was taking Xanax to keep him calm and pain medication but he was terribly frightened and anxious about the upcoming surgery."

Could Mays death have been caused by drugs and/or a head injury? Authorities are hoping the autopsy and lab tests will be able to determine a cause of death within a day or two.

Damn, it seems like you can't even walk outside nowadays without dying.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2009, 07:01:29 PM »
there must be some shady business going on here, simple falling luggage cannnot stop BILLY MAYS

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2009, 07:20:12 PM »
"He was taking Xanax to keep him calm and pain medication but he was terribly frightened and anxious about the upcoming surgery on this upcoming Monday."

xanax is a very strong anti anxiety med, he prob took a very strong pain killer too, maybe his nervous system just shutdown and he stopped breathing he was so mellowed out.

jt
TEAM Nasser

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2009, 07:31:45 PM »
RIP wonder if he posted here
TEAM Nasser

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Billy Mays Found Dead
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2009, 12:50:04 PM »
Epic caucasian woman dressed up as an Indian.
              cut the knee section out and put them where the box of butter is for a better pic. nyuk, nyuk, nyuk......
F

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2009, 01:14:07 PM »
TAMPA, Fla., June 29 (Reuters) - Billy Mays, well known for pitching a variety of products in U.S. television commercials, had heart disease but did not appear to have suffered head trauma in a rough airplane landing prior to dying in his sleep on Sunday, a medical examiner in Florida said on Monday.

In a preliminary statement on Monday after an initial autopsy, Hillsborough County medical examiner Vernard Adams said his examination found that Mays had "hypertensive heart disease," which refers to heart disease caused by high blood pressure, but "there was no evidence of any head trauma."

Adams said this heart ailment "was certainly capable of causing the sudden death." He said Mays had died in his sleep.

"It's not unusual for persons with heart disease to die this young," Adams said, adding that a formal report on the cause of death would be issued only after the results of toxicology tests were considered.

The bearded, black-haired Mays, 50, who gained fame as an enthusiastic TV "pitchman" advertising an array of commercial products, was found dead by his wife at their home in Tampa, Florida.

On Saturday, Mays was among the passengers aboard a U.S. Airways flight from Philadelphia that landed roughly at Tampa International Airport after apparently blowing a tire.

Mays told local TV shortly afterward that objects had dropped from the ceiling of the plane upon impact and he had received a blow on the head, although he said at the time he felt fine.

Executives from the television home-shopping industry praised Mays' role in promoting TV salesmanship.

"DRTV (the direct-response television industry) has grown to be a $300 billion business during the last 20 years, and Billy Mays played a key role in making this possible," Julie Coons, president and CEO of the Electronic Retailing Association, said in a statement.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2009, 02:43:47 PM »
But, not cool enough to handle the Sham-Wow contract.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2009, 02:53:53 PM »
It doesn't really surprise me that he would have heart problems. He was always so hyper plus he looks like the kind of guy who would eat alot of red meat.

Alex23

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2009, 11:12:09 PM »
there must be some shady business going on here, simple falling luggage cannnot stop BILLY MAYS

X2.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2009, 12:00:35 AM »
new just reported he had an enlarged heart... he had a heart attack in his sleep
RIP

Hereford

• Getbig V
Why does anyone care Billy Mays died?
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2009, 08:52:11 AM »
What was this guys claim to fame?... he was a salesman? Really?

Why did his kicking the proverbial bucket even make the news?

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
Re: Why does anyone care Billy Mays died?
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2009, 08:57:34 AM »
Why do people start threads about things they are ostensibly disinterested in?  Bah!  Doom disapproves.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2009, 09:11:47 AM »

I'd tend to agree.  The US media fetishizes the weirdest things.

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2009, 10:45:26 AM »

Are you trying to be controversial and stir things up?

Billy Mays was the best! His talent was unmatched, and his in-your-face yet warm style helped him become one of the most recognizable faces on TV. His products were awesome and were backed with his well deserved enthusiasm. He started off on the Atlantic City boardwalks pitching products and made his way to the top. Off the TV he was a warm, gentle, family man. He didn't deserve to go this young.

Personally I think this was way more sad than Michael Jackson. Jackson was a creep and a pedophile and he is currently burning in hell if one even exists. If not then he is just dead and the world is better off for it.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2009, 10:52:26 AM »

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2009, 12:18:53 PM »
Maybe because some of us liked him.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2009, 12:29:57 PM »
Maybe because some of us liked him.

"liked him"?  hahah you make it sound like you knew him personally and that he came over every Saturday for "pellius" family bbq's. ::)

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2009, 12:32:46 PM »
The man had a great beard.  That earns my respect.

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2009, 12:38:39 PM »
I  am not really sure how i feel about billy mays dying............but i can tell you the fact that vince the 'shamwow' guy got his toungue bit through by a dirty hooker, who he in turn punched repeatedly in the face...............gave me a few chuckles ;D ;D ;D