Author Topic: U.S. hands over Baghdad  (Read 5898 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: U.S. hands over Baghdad
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2009, 07:22:08 PM »
so just because you are stronger you can build a base anywhere? is that what you are trying to say?

I'm saying this:  oil supplies, enough to meet our demand, are critical to our way of life and standard of living. I don't know where you're from, but I'll assume you're not American.  We understand that we live significantly better than the teeming masses of humanity in the second and third worlds, and we will do anything to protect that, unapologetically.  In order to preserve our oil supplies, we need bases in the middle east, and need to keep potential rivals out, especially as oil becomes more scarce, as it will in the coming decades (although a disruption even in today's status quo will cause serious issues). 

While we will not go out of our way to be cruel or to kill or harm unnecessarily, we will do what we have to maintain our way of life.  That's no different than what great civilizations have done throughout the ages.  Oh, wait...  it is different....  at least we give a fuck about trying to minimize harm as much as possible in the pursuit of our goals....  former empires didn't give a shit.
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2009, 07:34:30 PM »
no you mean to secure israel's securities interests, Obama knows this, that is why he is pulling out.

jt

Israel may be a side benefit, but protection of the oil was the primary motivation, don't kid yourself.  Israel is important to a small (but vocal and active) political interest group, but not to most Americans.  Oil, on the other hand, affects us all.

Most Americans don't give a shit about Israel.
Ron: "I am lazy."

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2009, 07:41:06 PM »

I'm saying this:  oil supplies, enough to meet our demand, are critical to our way of life and standard of living. I don't know where you're from, but I'll assume you're not American.  We understand that we live significantly better than the teeming masses of humanity in the second and third worlds, and we will do anything to protect that, unapologetically.  In order to preserve our oil supplies, we need bases in the middle east, and need to keep potential rivals out, especially as oil becomes more scarce, as it will in the coming decades (although a disruption even in today's status quo will cause serious issues). 

While we will not go out of our way to be cruel or to kill or harm unnecessarily, we will do what we have to maintain our way of life.  That's no different than what great civilizations have done throughout the ages.  Oh, wait...  it is different....  at least we give a fuck about trying to minimize harm as much as possible in the pursuit of our goals....  former empires didn't give a shit.

well at least ya come out and say it and dont fall for the " we r helping" them bullshit
carpe` vaginum!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2009, 07:53:42 PM »

Brutal honesty. 

I used to be all about "WMD was a lie, blah blah".  But at this point, everyone with a brain knows it.  Same empire shit has gone on forever.  Only now, we have people with blogs and youtube to unravel the obvious lies. 

I don't think any of those war protesters on the street would give up their Prius to live in a mud hut if it meant the wars would end.  That makes them just as hypocritical as the dumbasses claiming we're only in Iraq to help their people.