Author Topic: Nearly got into a fight with a 'staff' member and booted from the gym today...  (Read 3447 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
I've mentioned this before but my gym sucks, it is terribly equipped; no squat rack, no smith machine, nothing for calfs, etc. But it is cheap and only 8 minutes on foot from my flat so I go there. Well there is nothing to do calfs with so I usually do calf raises on the stairs with a dumbbell. Never had a problem before but this 'woman' comes up to me and tells me I can't do it and I am friendly and say "don't worry, just two more sets and I will bring the dumbbell back to the rack." and then she gives me an angry look and gets some other 'staff' member, some 50 something guy with a pot belly that would make the Buddha jealous and tells me "he can't allow me to do it." and I am friendly and tell him that there are really no other options for training calves and I just have one more set. and he just tells me the same thing and starts raising his voice. Well for some months now there has been a complaint/comment book in the 'gym' and dozens and dozens of people have requested a squat rack, smith machine, calf machine, etc. and they just ignore it so I tell him if they would pay attention to people's complaints I wouldn't have to be doing calf raises on the stairs and he just claims "that is a separate issue." He then threatens to report me to the manager for "disregarding the rules". Schmuck. Seriously, came that close...lucky I am taking a week off now for a bit of 'holiday'. Moral of the story, whatever the rules are I wasn't doing anything wrong, wasn't grunting or anything, just doing some quick sets of calf raises at the only place I could...

in my world you'd be able to find that cu nt at home and smash her face in with a 50lb dumbell
carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
You're a man of great wisdom, Lord of Syracuse.

Any wisdom I have has been dearly paid for in mistakes. :'(

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Not having a Smith machine should not be a negative on a gym.
Y

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
If there's anything else within 20 minutes find another gym. Instead of putting up with mediocrity find something that's not rife with problems. A longer walk is a nice warmup, helps with conditioning and is good for the mind actually.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
I've mentioned this before but my gym sucks, it is terribly equipped; no squat rack, no smith machine, nothing for calfs, etc. But it is cheap and only 8 minutes on foot from my flat so I go there. Well there is nothing to do calfs with so I usually do calf raises on the stairs with a dumbbell. Never had a problem before but this 'woman' comes up to me and tells me I can't do it and I am friendly and say "don't worry, just two more sets and I will bring the dumbbell back to the rack." and then she gives me an angry look and gets some other 'staff' member, some 50 something guy with a pot belly that would make the Buddha jealous and tells me "he can't allow me to do it." and I am friendly and tell him that there are really no other options for training calves and I just have one more set. and he just tells me the same thing and starts raising his voice. Well for some months now there has been a complaint/comment book in the 'gym' and dozens and dozens of people have requested a squat rack, smith machine, calf machine, etc. and they just ignore it so I tell him if they would pay attention to people's complaints I wouldn't have to be doing calf raises on the stairs and he just claims "that is a separate issue." He then threatens to report me to the manager for "disregarding the rules". Schmuck. Seriously, came that close...lucky I am taking a week off now for a bit of 'holiday'. Moral of the story, whatever the rules are I wasn't doing anything wrong, wasn't grunting or anything, just doing some quick sets of calf raises at the only place I could...

You don't belong in a gym anyway.  Stick with the internet then you won't get your ass kicked so much.
No Worries 4 me

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
You don't belong in a gym anyway.  Stick with the internet then you won't get your ass kicked so much.
No doubt you are a fat balding man

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
Any wisdom I have has been dearly paid for in mistakes. :'(

QFT right there..such is life bro. Indeed most of our wisdom has roots in a mistake once made by someone.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
so theres no fitness steps in your gym or 45 lb plates you could stack to make your own step for calf raises?  You could do them on the leg sled....

Next time wear headphones and just ignore people that talk to you.

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
What's with the gay smilie?
You some kind of pole smoker?
no son i'm straight. i use it to track ip's
like that of gh15. i know for a fact if he's
fake or not. I know if he's posting from where
he has claimed.
don't ya just want to know what i know?
i take paypal with low easy payments

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Deicide, just get a chunk of wood and take it into the gym, and bingo, job done.  If they complain, tell them to paint it so it matches the rest of the limited equipment.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!

im not surprised...that you live in a flat...and got chatted about ettiquette.

you are after all, a complete douche.

dont feel persecuted, most people dont tolerate your kind.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
this 'woman' comes up to me and tells me I can't do it and I am friendly and say "don't worry, just two more sets and I will bring the dumbbell back to the rack." and then she gives me an angry look

Circa 1972, Arnold would have pre-emptively solved this problem by flirting with the woman when he signed in at the gym.  he would have casually mentioned something about making her day a bit later, and she would have been so smitten she may have brought him a beverage as he blocked the stairs using it as his own impromptu dumbbell rack.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
how can a gym who can employee that many people have no squat rack, calf raise, etc??

sounds like you workout at an apartment complex 'wellness center' with a treadmill, eliptical, brutal joe weider universal machine, and a tv and mirror

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

im not surprised...that you live in a flat...and got chatted about ettiquette.

you are after all, a complete douche.

dont feel persecuted, most people dont tolerate your kind.

Lots of people live in flats. What's your point and what the hell does that have to do with a poorly equipped gym?
I hate the State.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
Lots of people live in flats. What's your point and what the hell does that have to do with a poorly equipped gym?

off topic

decide is prototype really that badass??

I just got Fight NIght round 4 and its kickass - might trade in Madden for Prototype but dont know

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
off topic

decide is prototype really that badass??

I just got Fight NIght round 4 and its kickass - might trade in Madden for Prototype but dont know

I fucking love it, feel like I fulfilling the genetic destiny denied to me in real life. 8)
I hate the State.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith

Goatboy's rule #14:  COMMERCIAL GYMS SUCK.  unless you're poor, buy the proper equipment, and set up a gym in your house. 
Ron: "I am lazy."

uberman09

• Getbig IV
how can a gym who can employee that many people have no squat rack, calf raise, etc??

sounds like you workout at an apartment complex 'wellness center' with a treadmill, eliptical, brutal joe weider universal machine, and a tv and mirror

hahahahahaha best post of today.