Author Topic: Minnesota court rules Democrat Al Franken won Senate seat  (Read 1549 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Minnesota court rules Democrat Al Franken won Senate seat
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 01:03:37 PM »
Well, 50% of the voters pay no taxes.  Guess who they vote for?????

For the comedian over the statesman.   :-\

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 01:08:11 PM »
Based on what?  Education?  Experience?  Norm has him beat in both categories.  

It's really a shame they put a comedian in the Senate.  At least they could have put a funny one in there.  Horrible choice.    
based on listening to them.  I don't typically judge people by examining their experience and degrees.  There's no guarantee in any of that.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2009, 01:13:50 PM »
Ah shaddap.  Who asked you?  Speak when spoken too stick boy. 

Go fuck yourself Beach Bunny and how about giving us all a break from your "holier than thou" Mother Hen routine for a change.   It's even more lame than your internet tough guy routine.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009, 01:15:53 PM »
based on listening to them.  I don't typically judge people by examining their experience and degrees.  There's no guarantee in any of that.

Agree.  I do the same.  I listened to both (including Coleman in person).  Franken has not impressed me.  Coleman does.  How is anyone going to take that guy seriously.  

Reminds me of the movie Independence Day.  Was watching that the other day for the umpteenth time and I just cannot take the president (Bill Pullman) seriously.  He was Lonestar in one of the funniest movies ever made (Spaceballs).  He can never play a serious role in my eyes after that.  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2009, 01:16:25 PM »
Go fuck yourself Beach Bunny and how about giving us all a break from your "holier than thou" Mother Hen routine for a change.   It's even more lame than your internet tough guy routine.

LOL!   :-* 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 01:17:23 PM »
Agree.  I do the same.  I listened to both (including Coleman in person).  Franken has not impressed me.  Coleman does.  How is anyone going to take that guy seriously.  

Reminds me of the movie Independence Day.  Was watching that the other day for the umpteenth time and I just cannot take the president (Bill Pullman) seriously.  He was Lonestar in one of the funniest movies ever made (Spaceballs).  He can never play a serious role in my eyes after that.  :)

I wonder how Franken will vote on Cap & Trade???? ::) ::) ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2009, 01:20:50 PM »
I wonder how Franken will vote on Cap & Trade???? ::) ::) ::)

What a joke (so to speak).  He will be an embarrassment to all the shameful people in Minnesota who put him in office. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Coleman concedes Minnesota Senate race to Franken
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2009, 01:21:38 PM »
ST. PAUL, Minn. – Republican Norm Coleman conceded to Democrat Al Franken in Minnesota's contested Senate race on Tuesday, ending a nearly eight-month recount and court fight over an election decided by only a few hundred votes. Coleman announced his decision at a news conference in St. Paul, hours after a unanimous Minnesota Supreme Court ruled that Franken, a former "Saturday Night Live" comedian and liberal commentator, should be certified the winner.

"The Supreme Court has made its decision and I will abide by the results," Coleman told reporters outside his St. Paul home.

"In these tough times we all need to focus on the future, and the future is that we have a new United States senator," Coleman said.

Franken's presence in the Senate would give the Democrats control of 60 seats, enough to overcome any Republican filibuster if they stay united.

A spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said the earliest Franken would be seated is next week, because the Senate is out of session for the July 4 holiday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_minnesota_senate

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2009, 01:21:41 PM »
This alone should be enough to disqualify him

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2009, 01:26:24 PM »
What a joke (so to speak).  He will be an embarrassment to all the shameful people in Minnesota who put him in office. 

It's amusing how "holier than thou" christians feel so comfortable telling everyone else what they should feel ashamed about.   The most vocal of that crowd are usually the ones with the most skeletons in their own closets.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2009, 01:28:38 PM »
It's amusing how "holier than thou" christians feel so comfortable telling everyone else what they should feel ashamed about.   The most vocal of that crowd are usually the ones with the most skeletons in their own closets.

I havnt been to church in 15 years. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2009, 01:31:45 PM »
I havnt been to church in 15 years. 

I wasn't responding to you.  Did you also call it shameful for the majority of the voters to make a choice that you don't personally agree with?   I didn't see that post by you.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2009, 01:32:49 PM »

I bet you haven't actually listened to Al.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2009, 01:34:39 PM »
I wasn't responding to you.  Did you also call it shameful for the majority of the voters to make a choice that you don't personally agree with?   I didn't see that post by you.

Shameful is not the right word.

Dumb, ignorant, ill-informed, coat tails vote,  - maybe those qualify instead.  

What would you say if michael Savage were to win a Senate seat?  Or how about Dennis Miller?  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2009, 01:36:51 PM »

What would you say if michael Savage were to win a Senate seat?  Or how about Dennis Miller?  

Of course shameful is not the right word but it shows the mindset of a certain type of person.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2009, 01:38:30 PM »

lol . . .  ::)  It's often simpletons who are ashamed of their own conduct who complain the loudest when anyone discusses morality, etc.  But of course that has nothing to do with this thread.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2009, 01:38:56 PM »
I bet you haven't actually listened to Al.

Wrong.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2009, 01:39:01 PM »
Of course shameful is not the right word but it shows the mindset of a certain type of person.

If they voted for David Duke or a pedophile or something, that qould qualify as shameful in my mind.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2009, 01:41:11 PM »

Well . . . I can't really argue with you.  This wasn't a race between two qualified people.  I'm just baffled.  It may have been related to Bush's unpopularity. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2009, 01:42:15 PM »
lol . . .  ::)  It's often simpletons who are ashamed of their own conduct who complain the loudest when anyone discusses morality, etc.  But of course that has nothing to do with this thread.

actually it's people who are most ashamed of their own actions that project that shame onto others and go around clucking like a mother hen telling people what they should be ashamed about.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2009, 01:43:21 PM »
If they voted for David Duke or a pedophile or something, that qould qualify as shameful in my mind.  

yeah - I could see that but then David Duke was probably voted into office by other like minded racists.

Pedaphiles are usually voted in by unsuspecting Republicans