Author Topic: An Atheist Meets God  (Read 2491 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
An Atheist Meets God
« on: June 30, 2009, 06:00:16 PM »
I hate the State.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: An Atheist Meets God
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 07:44:56 PM »
bullshit...god wrote the koran

no..wait...it ws the torah...
carpe` vaginum!

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 08:30:53 PM »
lol

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 08:42:33 PM »

I wouldn't worship &praise that low life even if I thought he did exist.
DAWG

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 11:50:39 AM »
That's kind of funny..

I was raised in a christian and catholic home..one believed in hell, the other didn't. I have to go with no hell. I came to this conclusion after I became a father.

If God, our all loving father, loves us infinately more than our hearts are capable of comprehending..why would he let a place like that exist? As a father I love my kids dearly, it's like living with your heart on the outside of your body. With that being said, if they grew up to be a "Son of Sam" type monster, I would understand them having to put to rest for the good of all but, I wouldn't want them to burn and be tortured for eternity. How and inhumane when it was enough to just have them wiped out of existence.

If I can feel this way as an imperfect human / father, why would a loving, all knowing God not feel the same way.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 12:24:53 PM »
That's kind of funny..

I was raised in a christian and catholic home..one believed in hell, the other didn't. I have to go with no hell. I came to this conclusion after I became a father.

If God, our all loving father, loves us infinately more than our hearts are capable of comprehending..why would he let a place like that exist? As a father I love my kids dearly, it's like living with your heart on the outside of your body. With that being said, if they grew up to be a "Son of Sam" type monster, I would understand them having to put to rest for the good of all but, I wouldn't want them to burn and be tortured for eternity. How and inhumane when it was enough to just have them wiped out of existence.

If I can feel this way as an imperfect human / father, why would a loving, all knowing God not feel the same way.

Not arguing with you at all, but your post brings up good points for discussion:

What if you are a judge, your own son kills an entire family while drunk driving, ends up in your court, would you send him to prison?

I'm sure there are better examples or analogies, but you get the point.

Sending him to prison according to the law does not mean in any way that you love your son any less or that you enjoy having to do that to your own son.

2 Peter 3:9 (New International Version)
"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 03:06:37 PM »
Yes, I would send him to prison. Punishment is necessary to correct not only personal decisions but to discourage others in following that path.

Back in bible times you didn't always go to prison or get stoned to death ..sometimes you were ordered to pay back damages 3,4,5 10 fold and if you couldn't..you would work as their employee / slave until the debt was paid.

I think we need more than just a prison system...but thats another discussion...anyways...y ou have my answer.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 03:26:21 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA   I like it.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 06:17:47 AM »
Yes, I would send him to prison. Punishment is necessary to correct not only personal decisions but to discourage others in following that path.

That's my point.  You love your son very much, but you would send him to prison, knowing that prison is often "hell on earth."  You would send him to prison knowing that prison seldom corrects people,  but often turns them into worse criminals than they were to begin with.  You would send him to prison even though it would break your heart because you love your son.  You would not love him any less for doing that to him, but you would do it anyway if you were a just judge.

Prison(often "hell on earth") and capital punishment are simply ways to keep law abiding citizens separated from murderers.

Back in bible times you didn't always go to prison or get stoned to death ..sometimes you were ordered to pay back damages 3,4,5 10 fold and if you couldn't..you would work as their employee / slave until the debt was paid.

I think we need more than just a prison system...but thats another discussion...anyways...y ou have my answer.

How does a murderer pay damages 3, 4, 5 10 fold for the lives that he took?

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 07:09:19 AM »
Prison or "Hell on Earth" is not an "apples to apples" comparison to hell. While cruel and fairly ineffective for 90% of it's population, it still doesn't have one burning and being physically tortured for eternity. Even if prison was 10x worse than reality, you'd die eventually and escape the "hell".

Murder wasn't one of the "Pay back" type laws. You were stoned publically by the family of the victim in most cases. Hanging and being tossed over the city walls (sometimes 300+ ft high) and left for dead were also means acceptable for the punishment.

Manslaughter however you could pay back..including but not limited to having a limb removed, eye removed, owned by the victims family for life or there where instances where you gave up a son to them as payment to replace their loved on. (If you were drunk, clumsy or otherwise bumped into a prego woman and she lost the baby it would count as manslaughter btw..meaning you were held responsible for mistakes let alone bad decisions and the consequences were the same.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 07:28:27 AM »
Prison or "Hell on Earth" is not an "apples to apples" comparison to hell. While cruel and fairly ineffective for 90% of it's population, it still doesn't have one burning and being physically tortured for eternity. Even if prison was 10x worse than reality, you'd die eventually and escape the "hell".

Murder wasn't one of the "Pay back" type laws. You were stoned publically by the family of the victim in most cases. Hanging and being tossed over the city walls (sometimes 300+ ft high) and left for dead were also means acceptable for the punishment.

Manslaughter however you could pay back..including but not limited to having a limb removed, eye removed, owned by the victims family for life or there where instances where you gave up a son to them as payment to replace their loved on. (If you were drunk, clumsy or otherwise bumped into a prego woman and she lost the baby it would count as manslaughter btw..meaning you were held responsible for mistakes let alone bad decisions and the consequences were the same.

It doesn't have to be an "apples to apples" comparison, and it probably can't be.  As I stated earlier, mine is probably not the best example or analogy, but it gets the point across that according to the Bible, God loves a person no less if that person rejects God's gift of eternal life and chooses to go to Hell, which was not prepared for humans, but for Satan and his demons.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 10:51:45 AM »
That's my point.  You love your son very much, but you would send him to prison, knowing that prison is often "hell on earth."  You would send him to prison knowing that prison seldom corrects people,  but often turns them into worse criminals than they were to begin with.  You would send him to prison even though it would break your heart because you love your son.  You would not love him any less for doing that to him, but you would do it anyway if you were a just judge.

Prison(often "hell on earth") and capital punishment are simply ways to keep law abiding citizens separated from murderers.

How does a murderer pay damages 3, 4, 5 10 fold for the lives that he took?

Hell is immoral no matter what the action. Are you serious, burn and be tortured for eternity?

even for not beleiving in jesus christ? completely retarded.

how can you believe in this?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 11:06:44 AM »
Hell is immoral no matter what the action. Are you serious, burn and be tortured for eternity?

Says who? Based on what standard?

Loco can answer for himself. But, if I were to take a guess, it would be that Loco's belief in Christ has to do with his love for Christ and Christ's love for him, not due to some fear of dodging hell.

This, of course, doesn't take into consdieration the aspect of hell, actually being the complete destruction of that wicked and that destruction lasting "forever and ever" (a belief held by a number of Christians) vs. burning forever.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 04:20:22 PM »
Says who? Based on what standard?

Loco can answer for himself. But, if I were to take a guess, it would be that Loco's belief in Christ has to do with his love for Christ and Christ's love for him, not due to some fear of dodging hell.

This, of course, doesn't take into consdieration the aspect of hell, actually being the complete destruction of that wicked and that destruction lasting "forever and ever" (a belief held by a number of Christians) vs. burning forever.

"Says who? Based on what standard?"

any moral human being, i cannot think of one act punishable by eternal torture. if you dont see this as immoral then i dont know what to say.

"Loco can answer for himself. But, if I were to take a guess, it would be that Loco's belief in Christ has to do with his love for Christ and Christ's love for him, not due to some fear of dodging hell.'

so? if you dont believe in jesus and accept him you burn in hell and get tortured quite the immoral act.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 07:46:17 AM »

You don't really believe that Hell is immoral because you do not even believe that there is a Hell or that there is a God.  You don't even believe in moral absolutes.

I don't know if there will be any burning or any fire in Hell.  Those are probably just symbols to describe a spiritual place where you do not want to be.  It wasn't prepared for people.  It was prepared for Satan and his demons.

Not believing in Jesus Christ won't send anyone to hell.  If people go to hell, it is because of their own sins.  Believing in Jesus is the only way to Heaven, the only way to be forgiven from our sins.  Besides Heaven, Hell is the only other spiritual place, the only alternative.

How can I believe this?  The same way that I believe in God, by Grace through Faith.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 08:48:24 AM »
You don't really believe that Hell is immoral because you do not even believe that there is a Hell or that there is a God.  You don't even believe in moral absolutes.

I don't know if there will be any burning or any fire in Hell.  Those are probably just symbols to describe a spiritual place where you do not want to be.  It wasn't prepared for people.  It was prepared for Satan and his demons.

Not believing in Jesus Christ won't send anyone to hell.  If people go to hell, it is because of their own sins.  Believing in Jesus is the only way to Heaven, the only way to be forgiven from our sins.  Besides Heaven, Hell is the only other spiritual place, the only alternative.

How can I believe this?  The same way that I believe in God, by Grace through Faith.

if hell exists it proves god is not all good and loving simple as that. Its a logical impossibility.

mcway already admitted he is closed minded, unwillingy to accept evidence against god. He cant even fathom that there might not be a god. People like this are dangerous and impede progress. If you are immune to reason, believe you already have the answers you become a liability.

progression is only made when you admit you dont have the answers.