Author Topic: Congratulations Democrats – Here’s Your New Senator  (Read 1954 times)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: Congratulations Democrats – Here’s Your New Senator
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 07:01:32 AM »
no no no no no... go do it!  I've challenged people a dozen or more times here to put up a list of trangressions as large for the dems as that collected of republicans.  It never happens and it never happens because of the size of the sexual trangressions by republicans.  The pedo list is massive alone.  You don't want to compare compliled lists.  It's a loser for republicans everytime.

You missed the whole point, you are trying to act like there is some big difference between politician A and politician B simply because they are from different parties, there's not. It's just who gets caught and who doesn't, I have no loyalty to either party, I think they both such shit and are doing everything in their power to destroy America. So am I supposed to be surprised about sexual transgressions in Washington? Hell no they used to have people who's sole purpose it was to provide that type of thing, had brothels setup at hotels. Debauchery and greed are the norm in Washington.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2009, 08:16:13 AM »
no no no no no... go do it!  I've challenged people a dozen or more times here to put up a list of trangressions as large for the dems as that collected of republicans.  It never happens and it never happens because of the size of the sexual trangressions by republicans.  The pedo list is massive alone.  You don't want to compare compliled lists.  It's a loser for republicans everytime.

Of course they won't.  They can't.

So they rely on excuses and general blanket statements to try to play it down when confronted about it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2009, 08:18:53 AM »
You missed the whole point, you are trying to act like there is some big difference between politician A and politician B simply because they are from different parties, there's not. It's just who gets caught and who doesn't, I have no loyalty to either party, I think they both such shit and are doing everything in their power to destroy America. So am I supposed to be surprised about sexual transgressions in Washington? Hell no they used to have people who's sole purpose it was to provide that type of thing, had brothels setup at hotels. Debauchery and greed are the norm in Washington.
Sorry, for me right now, I see Dems Suck Shit, Republicans Suck Shit X 10....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 11:43:09 AM »
no, it's this moral majority crap that happened way back and that was on the republican side.  I wouldn't place Obama in that camp by any means.  I have problems with him, but he's not that kind of aggressive on the moral majority shit.

Which part was crap?  The staying faithful to your spouse part?  Promoting families? 

Tu was trying to distinguish Obama from Dubya on the God issue.  If you look at what both have said about the role faith plays in their life, there is no difference. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 01:28:41 PM »
Which part was crap?  The staying faithful to your spouse part?  Promoting families? 

Tu was trying to distinguish Obama from Dubya on the God issue.  If you look at what both have said about the role faith plays in their life, there is no difference. 

Actually, no... I was saying that the parties are different in regards to who always claims to be the moral side... The Republicans are constantly talking about how they have morals... Abortion, Same Sex Marriage, Adultery, and things of that nature, yet they are constantly being outed committing those same "immoral" acts they rally against.

So no... I wasn't comparing Obama and Bush really... Especially not about God.

I mentioned that Bush got on the campaign trail and said "I'm the one who is the good God believer". Obama wasn't even in my statement. You brought him up as a red herring.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 01:37:04 PM »
Actually, no... I was saying that the parties are different in regards to who always claims to be the moral side... The Republicans are constantly talking about how they have morals... Abortion, Same Sex Marriage, Adultery, and things of that nature, yet they are constantly being outed committing those same "immoral" acts they rally against.

So no... I wasn't comparing Obama and Bush really... Especially not about God.

I mentioned that Bush got on the campaign trail and said "I'm the one who is the good God believer". Obama wasn't even in my statement. You brought him up as a red herring.

I bumped the "Family Values" thread that has links to the Democrat and Republican party platforms.  Why don't you point out this major distinction you're talking about?  I didn't see it.  Both parties talk about morality and family values.   

Here is what you said about Bush:

But when your the Republicans started it... When GWB stepped up and talked about how he was the God believer and he was the one against the gays... Well, he put it at the forefront of politics.

This is inaccurate.  Bush wasn't "against the gays."  Clinton signed the Defense of Marriage Act, which was supported by numerous Democrats in Congress.  And all serious presidential contenders make belief in God a part of their campaign.  They have to if they want to win.  I even recall the Democrat candidates being asked what their favorite Bible verse during one of the debates. 

I brought Obama up because he did exactly what Bush did when it comes to talking about God, his faith, and the influence of faith on his life.