Author Topic: Sarah Palin quits  (Read 14000 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Sarah Palin quits
« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2009, 10:47:11 AM »
,he seems dead ass silence when it comes to her son serving in Iraq.

#1  I have utmost respect for people serving our country.  Even in a bullshit mudpit that Dubya stuck them in.

#2  It has been reported that her son joined the army only after he got in trouble with drugs and vandalism back home. 

#3  Hope this helps.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2009, 10:47:24 AM »
Can you prove any of this?

Which, part?  

1.  You already know I have my own business. - Check

2.  I made good money last week and spent agood money on stuff.  Check

3.  You dont work for a living.  Having a half ass "research job" at a college where you are not accountable for anything is not a real job. Check.

4.  You post nonsense articles from the internet and never post your own views or debate a topic on your own. Check.

5.  You live in the basment.  Well, at least you used to.  i am not familiar with your most recent situation.  You got me on that.  

You liberal clowns who fell in love with Obama and thought he was going to be good for the economy are in for such a massive rude awakening its not even funny.  Its already happened.  He spent trillions of dollars and has nothing to show for it other than a quickly approaching 10% UE rate which he said would never happen if we followed his stimulus bill.        

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2009, 10:53:33 AM »
Which, part?  

3.  You dont work for a living.  Having a half ass "research job" at a college where you are not accountable for anything is not a real job. Check.

4.  You post nonsense articles from the internet and never post your own views or debate a topic on your own. Check.

5.  You live in the basment.  Well, at least you used to.  i am not familiar with your most recent situation.  You got me on that.  

You liberal clowns who fell in love with Obama and thought he was going to be good for the economy are in for such a massive rude awakening its not even funny.  Its already happened.  He spent trillions of dollars and has nothing to show for it other than a quickly approaching 10% UE rate which he said would never happen if we followed his stimulus bill.        

How can I have lived in a basement when the only thing that ever resembled a basement would have been a Wine Cellar that is certainly unlivable.

Why did you make up that I lived in a basement?  You really do have a mental problem I think if you are willing to create this whole backstory.  Why a basement?  Why not something like a tree house or a well?  A well would be more mysterious.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2009, 10:55:13 AM »
Which, part?  

Number 4 is nonsense and you know it.  In fact, you post more "articles" than anyone currently on this board.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #179 on: July 06, 2009, 11:00:09 AM »
2 MORE PAGES AND MY THEORY HOLDS TRUE ABOTU PAILN,,,

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #180 on: July 06, 2009, 11:10:40 AM »
it's safe to assume 338336 owns his own business.thats his 1000th post referring to it.
DAWG

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2009, 11:25:15 AM »
You just proved my point, bro. 
The media has a monopoly, but it only has a monopoly on the means to project the notion that this is what all of America things.  In truth, you truly ARE the minority. 

so, just to reiterate

You think a "media monopoly" (which must now include Fox News, The Weekly Standard, CNN, MSNBC and The Huffington Post) is intentionally distorting the news about Palin and that people who are baffled by Palins latest move (like Rove or George Will) along with people that have been critical of her for long time (like Olberman, etc..) are all in league to hide the fact that the majority of American's actually support Palin?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: July 06, 2009, 11:27:26 AM »
it's safe to assume 338336 owns his own business.thats his 1000th post referring to it.

Good one.  Can I sell it to you?  working for someone else seems better than this.   ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #183 on: July 06, 2009, 11:57:23 AM »
Whatever Palin has decided, she wins.  Media and haters, alike...don't get cocky.   You haven't done anything.  hahahahaha

She's the real deal and no brutality from the MSM and others who don't like the idea of a woman who is extremely attractive, strong-willed, very smart, hold's strong to her Christian belief, and is pro-life (all while holding public office and doing it well) can take any of these accomplishments away from her. 

Truth be known.... you HOPE she's leaving the public stage, because she makes you panic and get short of breath to think someone like this might have favor with a majority of the country.  The media has a monopoly, but it only has a monopoly on the means to project the notion that this is what all of America things.  In truth, you truly ARE the minority.  Ask BayGM and his friends out in California. 

Truth.   :)  It is hysterical how people are frothing at the mouth over Palin.  And for what?  You'd think she aborted third trimester babies for a living or something.  She's a terrific American success story.  I'm not convinced resigning was the right thing to do, and I still want to hear her explanation, but I don't think she's going away either. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2009, 12:04:24 PM »
Truth.   :)  It is hysterical how people are frothing at the mouth over Palin.  And for what?  You'd think she aborted third trimester babies for a living or something.  She's a terrific American success story.  I'm not convinced resigning was the right thing to do, and I still want to hear her explanation, but I don't think she's going away either. 

success story =

1.  small town mayor who left her city deeply in debt with a boondoggle construction project
2.  VP Candidate helped sink the ticket and contribute to the rout of her party in the last national election
3.  First term governor who quits barely halfway through her term
4.  Devout Christian who preaches abstinence only while her unwed teenage daughter gets pregnant

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #185 on: July 06, 2009, 12:06:43 PM »

She's already explained that it wouldn't be fair to Alaskans to have a lame duck governor.

it's obviously much better for them if she quits and lets the lamer duck Lt. Governor take over.

Don't you believe her?

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #186 on: July 06, 2009, 12:50:03 PM »
success story =

1.  small town mayor who left her city deeply in debt with a boondoggle construction project

Actually that project was on time and under budget
http://www.adn.com/sarah-palin/background/story/168047.html
Wasilla voters agreed in 2002 to a half-percent increase in the city sales tax to pay off a $14.7 million bond to build the multi-use facility. The project "was completed on schedule and under budget," Mayor Dianne Keller said, and the complex opened its doors March 6, 2004.

2.  VP Candidate helped sink the ticket and contribute to the rout of her party in the last national election

There are many people that voted for McCain simply because she was on the ticket. She didn't sink anything.

3.  First term governor who quits barely halfway through her term

She was elected as a governor something many people aspire to do.

4.  Devout Christian who preaches abstinence only while her unwed teenage daughter gets pregnant

She also preaches against abortion.  Her daughters decisions were her own, yet people blame her for them. Weird.

Z

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #187 on: July 06, 2009, 12:55:47 PM »
Like I said in my first post.
She is not going anywhere.

The GOP needs her right now more than she needs them.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/michael_steele_gop/2009/07/06/232441.html
 Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele said this week that he plans to ask Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for her help in the gubernatorial races in New Jersey and Virginia, according to a report by ABC News.

The GOP gubernatorial candidates are Bob McDonnell in Virginia and Chris Christie in New Jersey.
Z

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: July 06, 2009, 01:03:51 PM »
#1  I have utmost respect for people serving our country.  Even in a bullshit mudpit that Dubya stuck them in.

#2  It has been reported that her son joined the army only after he got in trouble with drugs and vandalism back home. 

#3  Hope this helps.

So,your angry that he may have had drug problems.First of all if the filthy cocsucker media reported it its a lie as everything else they have reported on her has been PROVEN to be lies.However,if your upset over drug use I hope your as upset that big fat ass Al Gore has a junkie for a son,as does ted kennedy and Bidens daughter is a coke head.The differance is,Palin went into the service,those jerkoff loosers went to rehab on our bill.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: July 06, 2009, 01:06:33 PM »
So,your angry that he may have had drug problems.First of all if the filthy cocsucker media reported it its a lie as everything else they have reported on her has been PROVEN to be lies.However,if your upset over drug use I hope your as upset that big fat ass Al Gore has a junkie for a son,as does ted kennedy and Bidens daughter is a coke head.The differance is,Palin went into the service,those jerkoff loosers went to rehab on our bill.

You forgot our own president who admitted cocaine abuse.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #190 on: July 06, 2009, 01:13:54 PM »

1.  she left the city 20 million in debt and whether it came in under budget or not she started building on land she had not yet acquired title to causing an additional 1.3 million in legal fees. 
http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2008/09/02/gov-sarah-palins-record-on-taxes-and-spending/
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122065537792905483.html

2.  perhaps some people voted for McCain because Palin was on the ticket but most likely just as many or more didn't vote for him because she was on the ticket.  I'm sure neither of us have the #'s and McCain is to blame for the failure (IMO) including his choice of VP (his 2nd  biggest failure after suspending his campaign)

3. Winning the campaign is great but when you bail halfway through and your reasons are criticized by many and questioned by ardent supporters it's  not exactly a success story

4.  Yes Palin preached against abortion but she also preached abstinence only  while her own child was having unprotected sex (at least one time we know for sure)

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2009, 01:58:06 PM »
1.  she left the city 20 million in debt and whether it came in under budget or not she started building on land she had not yet acquired title to causing an additional 1.3 million in legal fees. 
http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2008/09/02/gov-sarah-palins-record-on-taxes-and-spending/
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122065537792905483.html

2.  perhaps some people voted for McCain because Palin was on the ticket but most likely just as many or more didn't vote for him because she was on the ticket.  I'm sure neither of us have the #'s and McCain is to blame for the failure (IMO) including his choice of VP (his 2nd  biggest failure after suspending his campaign)

3. Winning the campaign is great but when you bail halfway through and your reasons are criticized by many and questioned by ardent supporters it's  not exactly a success story

4.  Yes Palin preached against abortion but she also preached abstinence only  while her own child was having unprotected sex (at least one time we know for sure)

1.She left at debt in Wasilla mainly due the Arena.
Which was one of the main she was elected.
People voted for the tax changes its not like she caused it without peoples consent.

2. I thought she was a good choice for McCain. They came alot closer to the white then most predicted.
There were many republicans that didn't like McCain and she filled that void.
Sure she was polarizing, but so is Obama.

3. Her decision will be judged based on what happens in the future.

4. You don't like abstinence only education. I really couldn't care less.
Her daughter getting pregnant was based on her choices not her moms.
There are may states that teach other forms of sex ed and there are still teen pregnancies with rates much higher than Alaska's.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-01-07-teenbirths_N.htm
The highest teen birth rates are in the South and Southwest; Mississippi is highest with 68.4 per 1,000, followed by New Mexico, with a rate of 64.1 and Texas, with 63.1. The lowest rates are in the Northeast. New Hampshire had the fewest teen births with 18.7 per 1,000. Vermont, with 20.8 per 1,000, and Massachusetts, with 21.3 per 1,000, were also low. Decreases were noted in New York, North Dakota, Rhode Island and the District of Columbia.

Pinning down the reasons that rates have increased so widely isn't easy. Some blame a more sexualized culture and greater acceptance of births to unmarried women. Others say abstinence-only sex education and a possible de-emphasis on birth control may play a part. And just where abortion fits into the puzzle won't be known until late this year or early in 2010, when 2006 abortion data will become available from the New York City-based Guttmacher Institute, a nonprofit that has been tracking abortions since 1974. Government abortion statistics are based on voluntary state reports and do not include every state.
Z

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #192 on: July 06, 2009, 02:38:22 PM »
Truth.   :)  It is hysterical how people are frothing at the mouth over Palin.  And for what?  You'd think she aborted third trimester babies for a living or something.  She's a terrific American success story.  I'm not convinced resigning was the right thing to do, and I still want to hear her explanation, but I don't think she's going away either. 
I don't think she's going away either.  If I had the power to do so, I would kick Michael Steele out as RNC chairman and let Sarah Palin run the show.  Talk about a serious six-pack CASE of a$$-whoopin in Nov. 2010!   :o  ;D ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #193 on: July 06, 2009, 03:01:48 PM »
it's be funny if another network out-bids FOX news and grabs her.

She's gonna earn $10million+ in the next year.  Could come back in 2016 and win the nod, ya never know.  2012 may be too soon.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: July 06, 2009, 03:03:27 PM »
Number 4 is nonsense and you know it.  In fact, you post more "articles" than anyone currently on this board.

What happened to Jezebelle?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #195 on: July 06, 2009, 03:25:41 PM »
1.She left at debt in Wasilla mainly due the Arena.
Which was one of the main she was elected.
People voted for the tax changes its not like she caused it without peoples consent.

2. I thought she was a good choice for McCain. They came alot closer to the white then most predicted.
There were many republicans that didn't like McCain and she filled that void.
Sure she was polarizing, but so is Obama.

3. Her decision will be judged based on what happens in the future.

4. You don't like abstinence only education. I really couldn't care less.
Her daughter getting pregnant was based on her choices not her moms.
There are may states that teach other forms of sex ed and there are still teen pregnancies with rates much higher than Alaska's.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-01-07-teenbirths_N.htm
The highest teen birth rates are in the South and Southwest; Mississippi is highest with 68.4 per 1,000, followed by New Mexico, with a rate of 64.1 and Texas, with 63.1. The lowest rates are in the Northeast. New Hampshire had the fewest teen births with 18.7 per 1,000. Vermont, with 20.8 per 1,000, and Massachusetts, with 21.3 per 1,000, were also low. Decreases were noted in New York, North Dakota, Rhode Island and the District of Columbia.

Pinning down the reasons that rates have increased so widely isn't easy. Some blame a more sexualized culture and greater acceptance of births to unmarried women. Others say abstinence-only sex education and a possible de-emphasis on birth control may play a part. And just where abortion fits into the puzzle won't be known until late this year or early in 2010, when 2006 abortion data will become available from the New York City-based Guttmacher Institute, a nonprofit that has been tracking abortions since 1974. Government abortion statistics are based on voluntary state reports and do not include every state.

1.  The boondoggle was how she handled the acquisition of the land
2 . Everyone is entitled to monday morning QB the election.  Like I said previously I blame McCAin for the failure, starting with his choice of VP
3.  I agree - time will tell.  It certainly doesn't look good now but I do think her choice was merely for personal financial gain and not in any way for the benefit of the citizens of Alaska
4.  I do blame the parent if the parent is not going to teach her own child birth control.  If you want to blame the child that is certainly your perogative.

All in all, not exactly a great model of success but then everyone has different standards

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #196 on: July 06, 2009, 03:28:59 PM »
I don't think she's going away either.  If I had the power to do so, I would kick Michael Steele out as RNC chairman and let Sarah Palin run the show.  Talk about a serious six-pack CASE of a$$-whoopin in Nov. 2010!   :o  ;D ;D

I agree.   :)

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #197 on: July 06, 2009, 07:01:13 PM »
I don't think she is going to step out of the spotlight anytime soon either.
Good for her.
Make your money!

With that being said, will she use her "downtime" to become better educated in world affairs or just continue to play to her loyal supporters?

Sandra

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: July 06, 2009, 08:12:31 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #199 on: July 06, 2009, 09:35:17 PM »

Bum

hasn't Palin already given a list of explanations?

your question implies you're:

1.  not aware of her "word salad" of explanations

2.  don't believe her explanations

3.  haven't yet heard any of her explanations

which one is it?