Author Topic: Sarah Palin quits  (Read 14010 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Sarah Palin quits
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 01:59:57 PM »
Palin's great for the base.  she may travel the country to help congressional candidates.  The base will come out in the thousands to see her.  She will make the GOP some money.

But I don't understand this move, if she wants to be president.  I mean, this is a highly erratic move.  She could have finished her term in a year and retired just in time to annoince in jan 2011 that she wants to be president.  Resigning is something candidates don't do.  it's erratic. 

I guess time will tell if it's a smart move or not.  it's good for the GOP.  They don't want her running for prez, but they love her as a local campaigner. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 02:00:54 PM »
 :o

Sources told NBC’s Andrea Mitchell that Palin is out of politics for good.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 02:01:30 PM »
Andrea Mitchell: Palin telling supporters she is OUT of national politics

Reporting on MSNBC now. Mitchell's sources telling her that Palin has told her supporters that she has no desire to be in politics. Says she is sick of all of it. Not sure how to read that in light of her resignation speech.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 02:02:19 PM »
Palin's great for the base.  she may travel the country to help congressional candidates.  The base will come out in the thousands to see her.  She will make the GOP some money.

But I don't understand this move, if she wants to be president.  I mean, this is a highly erratic move.  She could have finished her term in a year and retired just in time to annoince in jan 2011 that she wants to be president.  Resigning is something candidates don't do.  it's erratic. 

I guess time will tell if it's a smart move or not.  it's good for the GOP.  They don't want her running for prez, but they love her as a local campaigner. 
Given the Vanity Fair article, I don`t think the higher ups in the GOP have any respect for her or want anything to do with her whatsoever. That of course trickles to the Congressional level as well.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 02:02:59 PM »
If you think she is the biggest draw and wish to put your chips in her corner as the "leader of the GOP" than your party is finished.

Can you not see this?  Why not find someone better?

She doesn't need to lead.
She needs to raise MONEY for the GOP.

The GOP can't win the close senate and congressional races in 2010 without it and she can help out a great deal towards that end.

Its called the long game. Its how things used to be done.
If she can continue to draw big crowds and raise MONEY for the next 3 years then she will have a chance. I thought she would run in 2012, but I am now thinking 2016.

Yah I agree with 240 on this.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 02:04:09 PM »
I guess being a governor is sort of like being a community organizer...

except community organizers don't quit halfway through their term?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 02:04:17 PM »
David Letterman started the Meltdown and Vanity Fair detonated the final charge.  Palin melted down harder and faster than anyone in recent history.

All for nothing.  Imagine how fragile she would have been had she made it to the Whitehouse.  She would have bit the dust very quickly.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 02:05:36 PM »
Report from "friend" is that she is leaving public life totally.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 02:06:30 PM »

The GOP can't win the close senate and congressional races in 2010 without it and she can help out a great deal towards that end.

If she can continue to draw big crowds and raise MONEY for the next 3 years then she will have a chance. I thought she would run in 2012, but I am now thinking 2016.

uh, she is done with all of it.  She will not be raising anything.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 02:09:20 PM »

she's very marketable.  She could raise millions.

I don't understand the talk about leaving politics and public light entirely - especially after the way she's worked so hard to remain prominent - jogging magazine last week? 

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 02:11:16 PM »
Report from "friend" is that she is leaving public life totally.

Your sleuth reporting is from KOS.
not exactly the greatest of sources.

She will be fund raising.

If she was out of politics she would have said it at the press conference.
Z

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 02:13:05 PM »
she's very marketable.  She could raise millions.

I don't understand the talk about leaving politics and public light entirely - especially after the way she's worked so hard to remain prominent - jogging magazine last week? 

She is not marketable at all.  The only ones that like her are the extremist types and the ignorant.  The GOP leadership knows this and this could possibly be their hands at work behind the scenes.  The Vanity Fair article with the GOP leadership is pretty telling and shows that they, more than anyone, want her under the rug for good as she has come to hurt the GOP (their words) more than help.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2009, 02:13:55 PM »
Your sleuth reporting is from KOS.
not exactly the greatest of sources.

If she was out of politics she would have said it at the press conference.
I am on Hotair.com.  A republican website.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 02:17:45 PM »
I am on Hotair.com.  A republican website.

Regardless.
Z

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 02:19:11 PM »
This doesn't sound like she's dropping out of public life.

Palin Quits as Alaska Governor
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said Friday that she is stepping down at the end of the month, setting up a potential run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012.

FOXNews.com

Friday, July 03, 2009

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin shocked the political word Friday by announcing that she will step down at the end of the month and transfer power to Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell.

Palin made the surprise announcement from her home in Wasilla, flanked by her husband, Todd, and family and state commissioners.

"I never believed that I nor anyone else needs a title to do this, to make a difference," she said. "I'm determined to take the right path for Alaska, even though it is unconventional and it's not so comfortable."

Parnell will be inaugurated at the governor's picnic in Fairbanks at the end of the month, Palin said.

The announcement came on the same week that one of her top public health officials says she was forced out of office because Palin felt she wasn't in step on social issues.

Palin's decision now allows her to avoid the difficult task of running for president while serving as governor.

Todd Palin told FOX News that his wife will concentrate on "doing the things for Alaska and the country" that she is passionate about and can not do as governor with the limitation and constant opposition she deals with within the state.

Palin, who defeated incumbent Gov. Murkowski in a primary in 2006,.gained national prominence when GOP presidential candidate John McCain picked her as his running mate last year. But her approval ratings in the state have skidded in recent months.

Palin has been dogged in recent months by ethics inquiries. Her office last month announced the 15th dismissal of an ethics complaint against her or one of her staff.

On Wednesday, Beverly Wooley, who has worked more than 20 years in public health in Alaska, most of it with the municipality of Anchorage, ended her stint as state public health director.

She's the second top health official to leave within days. The state's chief medical officer, Jay Butler, left in late June after declining to take on Wooley's job along with his own. He now is in Atlanta, overseeing a U.S. Centers for Disease Control task force on a vaccine to protect against the H1N1 flu virus.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/03/palin-opts-run-second-term-alaska-governor/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2009, 02:19:41 PM »
She is not marketable at all.  The only ones that like her are the extremist types and the ignorant.  

To that 20% of americans who base their decision making on religion, she's awesome.

To the other 80% of americans, she's an erratic governor who isn't qualified to be prez.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2009, 02:19:57 PM »
Regardless.

She has reported to her "friends" that she will not be doing anything of the sort.  So far that is all we know.  So why are you putting forth information that does not exist.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2009, 02:22:28 PM »
conflicted reports.  her brother is on fox saying she's done with public light.  her speech seemed to say otherwise, that she can make more change NOT as governor.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2009, 02:23:28 PM »
She has reported to her "friends" that she will not be doing anything of the sort.  So far that is all we know.  So why are you putting forth information that does not exist.
The source from hot air in MSNBC.

They are the only ones saying this.

She is also going to release her itinerary soon.

http://twitter.com/AKGOVSarahPalin
We'll soon attach info on decision to not seek re-election... this is in Alaska's best interest, my family's happy... it is good, stay tuned
Z

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2009, 02:24:27 PM »
The source from hot air in MSNBC.

They are the only ones saying this.

She is also going to release her itinerary soon.

http://twitter.com/AKGOVSarahPalin
We'll soon attach info on decision to not seek re-election... this is in Alaska's best interest, my family's happy... it is good, stay tuned
I don`t understand the point you are failing to make.  ???

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2009, 02:28:35 PM »
I don`t understand the point you are failing to make.  ???
YOU seem to think that she is done for good. I don't.

She will be announcing her up coming plans soon.
Z

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2009, 02:33:33 PM »
YOU seem to think that she is done for good. I don't.

She will be announcing her up coming plans soon.

According to her, her friends and family and advisors she is done for good.  I am going to go with that as that is all we have at the moment.

You are going on no information.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2009, 02:37:05 PM »
According to her, her friends and family and advisors she is done for good.  I am going to go with that as that is all we have at the moment.

You are going on no information.

Really she has come out and said she is done for good.

No she hasn't.

I am going on what she said at her press conference on her twitter page and on other news reports.

You are going on a couple blog entries.
Z

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2009, 02:40:40 PM »
Given the Vanity Fair article, I don`t think the higher ups in the GOP have any respect for her or want anything to do with her whatsoever. That of course trickles to the Congressional level as well.

Did u read the Vanity Fair article...there was nothing in it. 
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2009, 02:41:11 PM »
Really she has come out and said she is done for good.

No she hasn't.

I am going on what she said at her press conference on her twitter page and on other news reports.

You are going on a couple blog entries.
I interpreted her press conference as she is done.  I admit her third grade speech about basketball was hard to follow, but I did take away that she is done in politics from it.