Author Topic: ASIAN BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIP - ABBF IN THAILAND  (Read 99022 times)

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
Re: ASIAN BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIP - ABBF IN THAILAND
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2009, 04:47:06 AM »
Sorry, I know it's kind of long but I just thought it was worth reading. This feud these organizations are having is ridiculous but check out the sentence I highlighted in red.  Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

India
IFBB chief says Aurangabad championships is the real Asian tourney
Aurangabad | Thursday, Jul 23 2009 IST

The International Federation of Body Building and Fitness (IFBB) President, Dr Rafael Santonja today said talks of the so-called Asian Body Building meet in Pattaya City of Thailand were not correct and the 43rd Asian Body Building Championship to be held here from tomorrow were the real championships.

Addressing local sports scribes here, Santonja said the Pattaya meet, as claimed by an 'illegal Asian body', is not approved, sanctioned or recognised by the IFBB. ''We are here to guide and educate people and not indulge in a low-level fight. We will continue to support the sport in a fair and just manner-free from corruption - throughout Asia. The IFBB will continue to work unitedly to fight doping in sport and to advocate fair play for all,'' said Santonja, who is also the IFBB representative to the International Olympic Committee.

Santonja is looking forward to the upcoming 43rd Asian Body Building Championship and Asian Electoral Congress to be held here this week. ''I'm sure the Electoral Congress would usher in a new beginning for the sport in Asia. We are also pleased to have the Asian Championship in this part of the world. In fact, I had planned to visit this historic city of Aurangabad last year. I am glad that I've finally made it this time,'' Santonja said.

The IFBB chief from Spain said bodybuilding lifestyle is followed by millions of people worldwide. ''Bodybuilding training and nutrition help the individuals to achieve a strong muscular development adapted to the highest sport performance. It's always been IFBB's endeavour to promote a healthy lifestyle and discourage the use of alcohol, tobacco and drugs.'' Reiterating IFBB's support to body building in Asia, Santonja said efforts are also on to establish an anti-doping commission in the continent. He also lauded the efforts taken by the Secretary of Indian Body Building and Fitness Federation, Sanjay More, and his other office-bearers for putting their best foot forward in organizing the forthcoming mega event in Aurangabad. The Assistant General Secretary of IFBB, William Tierney, Wanda Tierney (chairperson of the women's committee, IFBB), Mauricio de Arruda (Brazil), Dubai-based Suresh Pai (Member, Media Commission of International Federation), Aurangabad's Indian Federation Secretary Sanjay More, and the Treasurer Rajesh Sawant were also present during the Press briefing.

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2009, 05:08:21 AM »
Sorry, I know it's kind of long but I just thought it was worth reading. This feud these organizations are having is ridiculous but check out the sentence I highlighted in red.  Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

India
IFBB chief says Aurangabad championships is the real Asian tourney
Aurangabad | Thursday, Jul 23 2009 IST

The International Federation of Body Building and Fitness (IFBB) President, Dr Rafael Santonja today said talks of the so-called Asian Body Building meet in Pattaya City of Thailand were not correct and the 43rd Asian Body Building Championship to be held here from tomorrow were the real championships.

Addressing local sports scribes here, Santonja said the Pattaya meet, as claimed by an 'illegal Asian body', is not approved, sanctioned or recognised by the IFBB. ''We are here to guide and educate people and not indulge in a low-level fight. We will continue to support the sport in a fair and just manner-free from corruption - throughout Asia. The IFBB will continue to work unitedly to fight doping in sport and to advocate fair play for all,'' said Santonja, who is also the IFBB representative to the International Olympic Committee.

Santonja is looking forward to the upcoming 43rd Asian Body Building Championship and Asian Electoral Congress to be held here this week. ''I'm sure the Electoral Congress would usher in a new beginning for the sport in Asia. We are also pleased to have the Asian Championship in this part of the world. In fact, I had planned to visit this historic city of Aurangabad last year. I am glad that I've finally made it this time,'' Santonja said.

The IFBB chief from Spain said bodybuilding lifestyle is followed by millions of people worldwide. ''Bodybuilding training and nutrition help the individuals to achieve a strong muscular development adapted to the highest sport performance. It's always been IFBB's endeavour to promote a healthy lifestyle and discourage the use of alcohol, tobacco and drugs.'' Reiterating IFBB's support to body building in Asia, Santonja said efforts are also on to establish an anti-doping commission in the continent. He also lauded the efforts taken by the Secretary of Indian Body Building and Fitness Federation, Sanjay More, and his other office-bearers for putting their best foot forward in organizing the forthcoming mega event in Aurangabad. The Assistant General Secretary of IFBB, William Tierney, Wanda Tierney (chairperson of the women's committee, IFBB), Mauricio de Arruda (Brazil), Dubai-based Suresh Pai (Member, Media Commission of International Federation), Aurangabad's Indian Federation Secretary Sanjay More, and the Treasurer Rajesh Sawant were also present during the Press briefing.

Pat i quite agree with you that this whole situation is getting ridiculous, IFBB and ABBF running contests in Asia is good, more choice and opportunities for bodybuilders, these schmoes who look like they never workout should stop their childish bitching and get on with improving the sport, both sides are run by morons and both are corrupted, all this nonsense about whats legal/illegal is gay, run more contests,athletes interests first,be fair, bring some Pro Grand Prix to Asia, that is what needs doing, simple!
Thunderdome approved

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2009, 07:28:58 AM »
What out Schome Buster Chick is back on the board, dont say anything about homos  :D

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2009, 08:55:35 AM »
Pat i quite agree with you that this whole situation is getting ridiculous, IFBB and ABBF running contests in Asia is good, more choice and opportunities for bodybuilders, these schmoes who look like they never workout should stop their childish bitching and get on with improving the sport, both sides are run by morons and both are corrupted, all this nonsense about whats legal/illegal is gay, run more contests,athletes interests first,be fair, bring some Pro Grand Prix to Asia, that is what needs doing, simple!

HI MY FREIND YOU ARE RIGHT, AND THIS WILL HAPPENED SOON OR LATER, AND YOU WILL HEAR VERY SOON GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPORT OF BODYBUILDING IN ASIA AND IN THE WORLD.

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #204 on: July 28, 2009, 09:10:20 AM »
HI MY FREIND YOU ARE RIGHT, AND THIS WILL HAPPENED SOON OR LATER, AND YOU WILL HEAR VERY SOON GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPORT OF BODYBUILDING IN ASIA AND IN THE WORLD.

Hi WEIBK, Im looking forward to some good news, bodybuilding would be more accepted if it was governed better
Thunderdome approved

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2009, 09:12:12 AM »
What out Schome Buster Chick is back on the board, dont say anything about homos  :D

Chick has his gaydar in full effect, we all better watch out when he is on the prowl
Thunderdome approved

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2009, 10:25:31 AM »
Check out Kuwaitbodybuilding.com on Facebook for updated pics of Sami in India. Pics reposted from Sami's Facebook page. 

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=95630&id=77941031683&ref=mf

Pat

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2009, 10:44:24 AM »
Hi WEIBK, Im looking forward to some good news, bodybuilding would be more accepted if it was governed better

DEAR SCHMOE BUSTER, AS PROMISED BEFORE YOU WILL GET VERY SOON GOOD NEWS, AND AT THE SAME TIME BAD NEWS LIKE THE PRESIDENT OF UZBAKSTAN BB FEDERATION WAS FIRED TODAY AFTER HE PARTICIPATED IN INDIA CONGRESS AFTER HIS COUNTRY RECEIVED THE LETTER FROM OCA. VERY SAD, OUR SPORT BECAME A POLITIC.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2009, 10:54:24 AM »
This is getting confusing  :D

There are now two ABBF's?
One still affiliated to the IFBB, the other run by Paul Chua?
The one affiliated to the IFBB will be able to send their athletes to compete in the IFBB Worlds?
The one run by Paul Chua will be able to send their athletes to any other show run by Paul Chua?
Paul Chua is trying to form an alliance with some Europeans to oust Rafael Santonja?

dickmclaren

• Getbig II
« Reply #209 on: July 28, 2009, 10:10:17 PM »
This is getting confusing  :D

There are now two ABBF's?
One still affiliated to the IFBB, the other run by Paul Chua?
The one affiliated to the IFBB will be able to send their athletes to compete in the IFBB Worlds?
The one run by Paul Chua will be able to send their athletes to any other show run by Paul Chua?
Paul Chua is trying to form an alliance with some Europeans to oust Rafael Santonja?

To make it simple to understand :-
The Original ABBF (Osama Alshafar and Paul Chua) is recognised by the Olympic Council of Asia.
The Fake ABBF (IFBB) is illegal and so is IFBB itself.

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2009, 10:15:56 PM »
The Original ABBF (Osama Alshafar and Paul Chua) is recognised by the Olympic Council of Asia.

Dick could you explain under what law it is illegal?
Thunderdome approved

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #211 on: July 29, 2009, 01:43:30 AM »
Dick could you explain under what law it is illegal?

North Korean.  ;D

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2009, 02:15:37 AM »
North Korean.  ;D

Well it is part of Asia ;D
Thunderdome approved

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2009, 02:24:12 AM »
Well it is part of Asia ;D

Did you know Kim Jong Il once scored 11 hole-in-ones in one game of Golf?

Splendid.  ;D ;D

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2009, 02:28:42 AM »
Did you know Kim Jong Il once scored 11 hole-in-ones in one game of Golf?

Splendid.  ;D ;D

He was also a schmoe that liked musclemen in thongs ;D
Thunderdome approved

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2009, 02:32:25 AM »
I guess mean he is like Chick in this respect ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2009, 02:33:12 AM »

was?

lol, i heard he died in 2004.  ;D ;D

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2009, 02:38:01 AM »
was?

lol, i heard he died in 2004.  ;D ;D

they reanimated him like the IFBB do with Joe Weider, bodybuilding cannot afford to lose such schmoe patrons as those two ;D
Thunderdome approved

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2009, 07:00:28 AM »

Can you explain what's illegal about the IFBB?

Have the ABBF investigated the claims of corruption made against Paul Chua and made public their findings?

Is the ABBF show in Thailand being run by Douglas Latchford who threatened Milos Sarcev with legal action because of an allegation made about the purchase of a Range Rover as a gift to Paul Chua?

And what about the plan to oust Rafael?

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2009, 09:02:20 AM »
 I FOUND THE FOLLOWINGS ON THE WEBSITES REGARDING MR. ASIA IN INDIA, SORRY FOR THIS LONG INFORMATION.

http://news.webindia123.com/news/Articles/India/20090728/1306211.html

India
IFBB bodybuilding championship declared as null and void
Mumbai | Tuesday, Jul 28 2009 IST

The Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) has declared bodybuilding championship and electoral Congress organised in Aurangabad by International Federation of Body Building and Fitness (IFBB) as 'null and void'. The 43rd Mr Asia championship was organised in Aurangabad by IFBB. On the second day of this event, Sanjay More was elected general Secretary of Asian federation. Amit Swami, Assistant Secretary General, Asian Body Building
Federation (ABBF) and Executive Director of Indian Body Building and Fitness Federation (IBBF) told UNI that he was opposing this championship right from the day of its announcement. ''The Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) proved how our stand was correct and the organizers in Aurangabad (IFBB) are fake,'' he added.
A letter from OCA clearly stated that all the activities by IFBB and their group at Aurangabad are null and void. The letter clearly proves that ABBF under the leadership of Osama Alshafar (President) and Datuk Paul Chua (Secretary General) is the only recognized body by OCA and next Asian Beach Games (Bodybuilding) will be conducted under the patronage of the ABBF.
Amit Swami also alleged that majority of Asian countries had boycotted the Aurangabad event and they have sent their entries for real Asian Championship to be held at Pattaya (Thailand) from August 11 to 17 this year. This event will be organised by Thailand Bodybuilding Association with support of Thailand Olympic Committee and Sports Authority of Thailand under the patronage of ABBF. 34 Asian countries have already registered their final entries for this event.
He also alleged that the organizers of so-called Asian Bodybuilding Championship at Aurangabad had been misguided people and less then 10 countries participated in the event. They collected funds by saying 40 Asian countries will participate in the championship, then where are the other countries and their participants, Swami questioned. He reiterated that IFBB is registered as Business Corporation and also have VAT number. There are many irregularities in IFBB itself regarding their working and existence as a sports organisation.
He further told UNI that the Indian team selected for the Pattaya (Thailand) Asian Championship includes Daljit Singh (Punjab Police), Rahul Bhist (Uttra Khand), Mohammed Abdullah (Karnataka), Mohammed Illias (Chandigarh), Viney Pandey (Indian Railways) and Vijay Bhadur (Uttar Pardesh) in senior categories.
Contesters in Junior category includes Chandrajit Bora (Assam), Sujit Kumar (Assam) and B. Kadiravan (Pondichery).

http://www.newkerala.com/nkfullnews-1-82131.html

Olympic Council of Asia Declared Bodybuilding Activities in Aurangabad as Null and Void
July 27th, 2009 - 8:53 pm ICT by mahitri  -
Aurangabad, July 27 (Correspondent)– The Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) has declared bodybuilding championship and electoral Congress organized in Aurangabad by International Federation of Body Building and Fitness (IFBB) as Null and Void.

The 43rd Mr. Asia championship was organized in Aurangabad by IFBB that was concluded today. On the second day of this event Sanjay More was elected as general Secretary of Asian federation. Amit Swami, Assistant Secretary General, Asian Body Building Federation (ABBF) and Executive Director of Indian Body Building and Fitness Federation (IBBF) told that he was opposing this championship right from the day of its announcement. The Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) proved how our stand was correct and the organizers in Aurangabad (IFBB) are fake.
A letter from OCA clearly stated that all the activities by IFBB and their group at Aurangabad are Null and Void. The letter clearly proves that ABBF under the leadership of Osama Alshafar (President) and Datuk Paul Chua (Secretary General) is the only recognized ABBF by OCA and next Asian Beach Games (Bodybuilding) will be conducted under patronage of the ABBF.
Amit Swami alleged that majority of Asian countries boycotted the Aurangabad event and they have sent their entries for real Asian Championship to be held at Pattaya (Thailand) during August 11 to 17 this year. This event will be organized by Thailand Bodybuilding Association with support of Thailand Olympic Committee and Sports Authority of Thailand under the patronage of ABBF. 34 Asian countries have already registered their final entries for this event.
He also alleged that the organizers of so-called Asian Bodybuilding Championship at Aurangabad had been misguided people and less then 10 countries participated in the event. They collected funds by saying 40 Asian countries will participate in the championship, then where are the rest countries and their participants, Swami questioned. He reiterated that IFBB is registered as Business Corporation and also have VAT number. There are many irregularities in IFBB itself regarding their working and existence as sports organization.
He said that team selected for the Pattaya (Thailand) Asian Championship includes Daljit Singh (Punjab Police), Rahul Bhist (Uttra Khand), Mohammed Abdullah (Karnataka), Mohammed Illias (Chandigarh), Viney Pandey (Indian Railways) and Vijay Bhadur (Uttar Pardesh) in senior categories. Contesters in Junior category includes Chandrajit Bora (Assam), Sujit Kumar Bora(Assam) and B. Kadiravan (Pondichery).

http://www.kashmirtimes.com/sports.htm
IFBB bodybuilding championship declared as null and void

MUMBAI, Jul 28 (UNI): The Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) has declared bodybuilding championship and electoral Congress organised in Aurangabad by International Federation of Body Building and Fitness (IFBB) as 'null and void'.
The 43rd Asia championship was organised in Aurangabad by IFBB. On the second day of this event, Sanjay More was elected general Secretary of Asian federation. Amit Swami, Assistant Secretary General, Asian Body Building Federation (ABBF) and Executive Director of Indian Body Building and Fitness Federation (IBBF) told UNI that he was opposing this championship right from the day of its announcement.
''The Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) proved how our stand was correct and the organizers in Aurangabad (IFBB) are fake,'' he added.
A letter from OCA clearly stated that all the activities by IFBB and their group at Aurangabad are null and void. The letter clearly proves that ABBF under the leadership of Osama Alshafar (President) and Datuk Paul Chua (Secretary General) is the only recognized body by OCA and next Asian Beach Games (Bodybuilding) will be conducted under the patronage of the ABBF.
Amit Swami also alleged that majority of Asian countries had boycotted the Aurangabad event and they have sent their entries for real Asian Championship to be held at Pattaya (Thailand) from August 11 to 17 this year. This event will be organised by Thailand Bodybuilding Association with support of Thailand Olympic Committee and Sports Authority of Thailand under the patronage of ABBF.
34 Asian countries have already registered their final entries for this event.
He also alleged that the organizers of so-called Asian Bodybuilding Championship at Aurangabad had been misguided people and less then 10 countries participated in the event. They collected funds by saying 40 Asian countries will participate in the championship, then where are the other countries and their participants, Swami questioned. He reiterated that IFBB is registered as Business Corporation and also have VAT number. There are many irregularities in IFBB itself regarding their working and existence as a sports organisation.
He further told UNI that the Indian team selected for the Pattaya (Thailand) Asian Championship includes Daljit Singh (Punjab Police), Rahul Bhist (Uttra Khand), Mohammed Abdullah (Karnataka), Mohammed Illias (Chandigarh), Viney Pandey (Indian Railways) and Vijay Bhadur (Uttar Pardesh) in senior categories. Contesters in Junior category includes Chandrajit Bora (Assam), Sujit Kumar (Assam) and B. Kadiravan (Pondichery).

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #220 on: July 29, 2009, 10:51:44 AM »
so you're saying that all of Asia is a single totalitarian state, and you can't even run a local bowling tournament without the official approval of OCA ?

glad I don't live there.

btw, does the OCA give out press releases stating MuscleMania contests are null and void every time one of those are held too?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2009, 01:39:05 PM »
We may need Chick to take charge here

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2009, 01:44:13 PM »
We may need Chick to take charge here

Wouldn't be much help...out of my jurisdiction and interest

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2009, 02:11:56 PM »
Wouldn't be much help...out of my jurisdiction and interest
Thanks for replying Chick