Author Topic: ASIAN BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIP - ABBF IN THAILAND  (Read 99023 times)

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
Re: ASIAN BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIP - ABBF IN THAILAND
« Reply #250 on: August 09, 2009, 03:25:59 AM »
THE 43rd ASIAN BODYBUILDING $ FITNESS CHAMPIONSHIP AND ABBF CONGRESS WILL BE IN PATTAYA, FROM 11th - 17th OF AUGUST 2209, ONLY 3 DAYA IS REMAINING.

I can't wait. Should be a very competitive meet. Several former World Champions scheduled to compete.  I'll be waiting for all the updates and pics. I'll post all I can find on my Facebook page. (Kuwaitbodybuilding.com)  Thanks for all the updates WEIBK.

Pat Turner

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #251 on: August 09, 2009, 05:42:49 AM »
I can't wait. Should be a very competitive meet. Several former World Champions scheduled to compete.  I'll be waiting for all the updates and pics. I'll post all I can find on my Facebook page. (Kuwaitbodybuilding.com)  Thanks for all the updates WEIBK.

Pat Turner

DEAR PAT WITH MY GREAT PLEASURE, I TRIED TO BE THERE, BUT UNFORTUNITLY MY WORK REFUSED TO TAKE A LEAVE ON THIS MONTH, BEST OF LUCK FOR ALL.

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2009, 08:55:47 PM »

DEAR ALL BODYBUILDERS, IT CAME TO MY ATTENTION THAT THERE WILL A GREAT SUPRISE FOR ALL DURING THE 43rd ABBF BODYBUILDING & FITNESS CHAMPIONSHIP IN PATTAYA - THAILAND FROM 11th - 17th OF AUGUST 2009. LET US WAIT AND SEE.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2009, 09:55:45 PM »
DEAR ALL BODYBUILDERS, IT CAME TO MY ATTENTION THAT THERE WILL A GREAT SUPRISE FOR ALL DURING THE 43rd ABBF BODYBUILDING & FITNESS CHAMPIONSHIP IN PATTAYA - THAILAND FROM 11th - 17th OF AUGUST 2009. LET US WAIT AND SEE.

What, will Paul Chua be pulling a "Budd Dwyer" on the ABBF stage?  :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2009, 10:05:48 PM »
This whole "IFBB vs ABBF" thing is a joke...  both organizations are equally corrupt, and it's been a "pot calling the kettle black" contest as each org tries to claim the ethical high ground when in fact neither has the first clue about what ethics are.   The other part of the joke is this:  people are posting passionately about this on a board that is centered around the American bodybuilding "industry", where no one gives a fuck about either the ABBF or Sanjtoya's "European amateur IFBB".
Ron: "I am lazy."

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #255 on: August 10, 2009, 03:50:35 PM »
This whole "IFBB vs ABBF" thing is a joke...  both organizations are equally corrupt, and it's been a "pot calling the kettle black" contest as each org tries to claim the ethical high ground when in fact neither has the first clue about what ethics are.   The other part of the joke is this:  people are posting passionately about this on a board that is centered around the American bodybuilding "industry", where no one gives a fuck about either the ABBF or Sanjtoya's "European amateur IFBB".

MAY BE YOU ARE RIGHT, BUT I DISAGREE, AND YOU WENT FAR AWAY, THE SUPRISE WILL BE REGARDING PROMOTING OUR BE LOVING SPORTS OF BODYBUILDING IN ASIA, AS WILL AS INTERNATIONAL, AS I HEARD AND HOPE IT WILL BE AWAY FROM ALL THE CORRUPT PEOPLES.

BRN_Champ

• Getbig II
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2009, 12:50:55 AM »
http://www.alayam.com/Archive/PDF/2009/8/12//Page30.pdf

Bahrain Bodybuilding Federation has nothing to do with ABBF

أكد شرعية الاتحاد الآسيوي ..أحمد بن حمد: مشاركة عبدالرحيم لا تمثل البحرين!
أكد الأمين العام للجنة الاولمبية البحرينية الشيخ احمد بن حمد آل خليفة أن مشاركة محمد عبدالرحيم في البطولة الآسيوية التاسعة لبناء الأجسام والتي ستقام في بتايا غير معترف بها من قبل اللجنة الاولمبية البحرينية، مشيرا إلى أن مشاركة عبدالرحيم في البطولة لا تمثل البحرين والاتحاد البحريني للتربية البدنية ورفع الأثقال وإنما تمثل شخصه. وأضاف الشيخ احمد بن حمد أن عبدالرحيم بمشاركته في البطولة قام بمخالفة واضحة وصريحة للقوانين المتبعة في اللجنة الاولمبية والمؤسسة العامة للشباب والرياضة؛ إذ أن عبدالرحيم لم يقم بإتباع الإجراءات القانونية التي تحكم المشاركات الخارجية سواء للمنتخبات أو للشخصيات الإدارية، حيث أن عبدالرحيم لم يعد يحمل منصب نائب الرئيس التنفيذي للاتحاد الآسيوي وذلك بسبب إعادة انتخاب مجلس إدارة جديد للعبة، مشيرا إلى أن اللجنة الاولمبية تؤكدا مجدد رفضا التام لمشاركة عبدالرحيم في البطولة لمخالفته القوانين والأنظمة. وأشار الشيخ احمد بن حمد أن مشاركة عبدالرحيم في البطولة المذكورة إجراء إداري خاطئ لا يتماشى مع الدعم الكبير الذي قدمته اللجنة الاولمبية والمؤسسة العامة للشباب والرياضة له طوال فترة رئاسته للاتحاد البحريني للتربية البدنية ورفع الإثقال والذي وصل بفضله إلى العديد من المناصب الإدارية الهامة على مستوى القارة الأسيوية. وأكد الأمين العام للجنة الاولمبية أن البطولات التي تقام تحت مظلة الاتحاد الدولي للعبة هي المعترف بها من قبل اللجنة الاولمبية لما يحظى به الاتحاد الدولي من شرعية تامة من قبل الدول الأعضاء من مختلف بلدان العالم، وان البطولة الآسيوية التاسعة لبناء الأجسام التي اعترف بها المجلس الاولمبي الأسيوي لم تحصل على الاعتراف من قبل الاتحاد الدولي للعبة كما أن المجلس الاولمبي الآسيوي اختصته يشرف على الألعاب الأسيوية المجمعة مثل "الأسياد، العاب الصالات الألعاب الشاطئية والألعاب الشتوية .. الخ. وشدد الشيخ احمد بن حمد على أن اللجنة الاولمبية البحرينية تؤكد شرعية الاتحاد الآسيوي لبناء الأجسام برئاسة الشيخ عبدالله بن راشد آل خليفة ومقره البحرين وان اللجنة الاولمبية ستوفر كافة أشكال الدعم من اجل أنجاح البرامج والأنشطة التي سيقيمها الاتحاد الآسيوي الرامية إلى الارتقاء بمستوى اللعبة في القارة الأسيوية بما ينعكس إيجابا على مسيرة بناء الأجسام البحرينية. وكشف الشيخ احمد بن حمد أن العملية الانتخابية التي أفرزت ترؤس الشيخ عبدالله بن راشد للاتحاد الآسيوي لم يشوبها إي مخالفة قانونية وأنها أقيمت وفق الإجراءات القانونية وتحت مظلة الاتحاد الدولي مؤكدا أن اللجنة الاولمبية البحرينية كانت على اطلاع دائم بجميع الإجراءات التي اتخذت في اجتماع الجمعية العمومية وان اللجنة الاولمبية برئاسة سمو الشيخ ناصر بن حمد آل خليفة باركت فوز الشيخ عبدالله بن راشد بهذا المنصب الآسيوي الرفيع.

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2009, 12:53:10 AM »
http://www.alayam.com/Archive/PDF/2009/8/12//Page30.pdf

I'm sure this is interesting info but most of us can't read Arabic. Can you translate for us or at least give us an idea of what the article is about?

Pat

BRN_Champ

• Getbig II
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2009, 12:56:22 AM »
the x president doesnt represent Bahrain Federation anymore
the ABBF is not legal
Bahrain in not part of ABBF
Bahrain is part of ABFB and Sh. Abdulla is teh president
what the X president is doing is wrong and not legal because the olympic comity helped him a lot when he was president and now he is going to teh other side

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2009, 10:23:51 AM »
I'm sure this is interesting info but most of us can't read Arabic. Can you translate for us or at least give us an idea of what the article is about?

http://translate.google.com does a pretty good job

Confirmed the legitimacy of the Asian Federation ..
Ahmed bin Hamad al: Participation of Bahrain are not cheap!

The Secretary-General of the Bahrain Olympic Committee, Sheikh Ahmed bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Mohammed Abdul Rahim, the participation of the Asian championship in the ninth for the construction of objects, which will be held in Btaya is not recognized by the Bahrain Olympic Committee, noting that participation in the tournament Abdulraheem represent Bahrain and the Bahrain-based physical education and raising weight, but is a person.

He added Sheikh Ahmed bin Hamad al-Rahim to his participation in the event of violating the clear and explicit laws in place in the Olympic Committee and the General Organization for Youth and Sports; that cheap does not follow the legal procedures governing foreign entries for both teams, or for administrative figures, as the cheap is no longer a post of Deputy Executive Chairman of the Asian, because of the re-election of a new board game, pointing out that the Olympic Committee refused to confirm a renewed full participation in the tournament Abdulraheem for violating laws and regulations.

The Sheikh Ahmad bin Hamad al-Rahim, the participation in the tournament mentioned erroneous administrative action is incompatible with the substantial support provided by the Olympic Committee and the General Organization for Youth and Sports for the duration of his presidency of the Federation of Bahrain for Physical Education and weightlifting, which arrived thanks to many important administrative positions at the level of the Asian continent .

The Secretary-General of the Olympic competitions to be held under the umbrella of the International Federation of the game is recognized by the Olympic Committee, he is the International Federation of the legitimacy of the full participation of Member States from various countries of the world, the Asian championship and the ninth to build objects that have been recognized by the Olympic Council of Asia did not receive recognition by the International Federation of the game and the Asian Olympic Council Achtsth oversees the Asian Games collected, such as "masters, games indoor games and Winter Games, beach, etc. ...

The Sheikh Ahmed bin Hamad that the Bahraini Olympic Committee confirm the legitimacy of the Asian Federation for the construction of objects the chairmanship of Sheikh Abdullah bin Rashid Al Khalifa and the Bahrain-based Olympic Committee will provide all forms of support for the successful programs and activities hosted by the Asian Federation aimed to raise the level of the game in the Asian continent would have a positive impact on the process of building the objects of Bahrain.

The Sheikh Ahmed bin Hamad said the electoral process produced by the chair, Sheikh Abdullah bin Rashid of the Asian did not distort any breach of law and that it was held in accordance with legal procedures and under the umbrella of the International Olympic Committee, stressing that Bahrain had been informed of all actions taken at the meeting of the General Assembly and the Olympic Committee, headed by His Highness Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa's blessing, Sheikh Abdullah bin Rashid Asian high in this position.

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2009, 12:03:35 PM »
http://translate.google.com does a pretty good job

Confirmed the legitimacy of the Asian Federation ..
Ahmed bin Hamad al: Participation of Bahrain are not cheap!

The Secretary-General of the Bahrain Olympic Committee, Sheikh Ahmed bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Mohammed Abdul Rahim, the participation of the Asian championship in the ninth for the construction of objects, which will be held in Btaya is not recognized by the Bahrain Olympic Committee, noting that participation in the tournament Abdulraheem represent Bahrain and the Bahrain-based physical education and raising weight, but is a person.

He added Sheikh Ahmed bin Hamad al-Rahim to his participation in the event of violating the clear and explicit laws in place in the Olympic Committee and the General Organization for Youth and Sports; that cheap does not follow the legal procedures governing foreign entries for both teams, or for administrative figures, as the cheap is no longer a post of Deputy Executive Chairman of the Asian, because of the re-election of a new board game, pointing out that the Olympic Committee refused to confirm a renewed full participation in the tournament Abdulraheem for violating laws and regulations.

The Sheikh Ahmad bin Hamad al-Rahim, the participation in the tournament mentioned erroneous administrative action is incompatible with the substantial support provided by the Olympic Committee and the General Organization for Youth and Sports for the duration of his presidency of the Federation of Bahrain for Physical Education and weightlifting, which arrived thanks to many important administrative positions at the level of the Asian continent .

The Secretary-General of the Olympic competitions to be held under the umbrella of the International Federation of the game is recognized by the Olympic Committee, he is the International Federation of the legitimacy of the full participation of Member States from various countries of the world, the Asian championship and the ninth to build objects that have been recognized by the Olympic Council of Asia did not receive recognition by the International Federation of the game and the Asian Olympic Council Achtsth oversees the Asian Games collected, such as "masters, games indoor games and Winter Games, beach, etc. ...

The Sheikh Ahmed bin Hamad that the Bahraini Olympic Committee confirm the legitimacy of the Asian Federation for the construction of objects the chairmanship of Sheikh Abdullah bin Rashid Al Khalifa and the Bahrain-based Olympic Committee will provide all forms of support for the successful programs and activities hosted by the Asian Federation aimed to raise the level of the game in the Asian continent would have a positive impact on the process of building the objects of Bahrain.

The Sheikh Ahmed bin Hamad said the electoral process produced by the chair, Sheikh Abdullah bin Rashid of the Asian did not distort any breach of law and that it was held in accordance with legal procedures and under the umbrella of the International Olympic Committee, stressing that Bahrain had been informed of all actions taken at the meeting of the General Assembly and the Olympic Committee, headed by His Highness Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa's blessing, Sheikh Abdullah bin Rashid Asian high in this position.

Thanks for the translation but I had a better chance of trying to understand that Arabic writing. ;D

Pat

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2009, 01:36:55 PM »
According to a post on the Thaibody website World Champion Ali Tabrizi, who was scheduled to compete in Thailand, was forced to pull out due to injury.  The same person also stated that an early count of competitors showed 205 individual athletes on the competitor list, versus 159 participating athletes last year. He stated the count may change but nonetheless the event should be bigger and better than previous years.

Pat

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2009, 01:44:18 PM »
According to a post on the Thaibody website World Champion Ali Tabrizi, who was scheduled to compete in Thailand, was forced to pull out due to injury.  The same person also stated that an early count of competitors showed 205 individual athletes on the competitor list, versus 159 participating athletes last year. He stated the count may change but nonetheless the event should be bigger and better than previous years.

Pat

Ali probably could'nt get his piss clean in time
Thunderdome approved

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2009, 01:47:42 PM »
Ali probably could'nt get his piss clean in time

I'm thinking he probably never planned on attending the event in the first place. He didn't have enough time to get prepared but they wanted to use his name as a big draw.  No facts on that but it seems like something that could have possibly been done to draw more publicity to the Thailand event.  Just my opinion.

Pat

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2009, 01:51:05 PM »
I'm thinking he probably never planned on attending the event in the first place. He didn't have enough time to get prepared but they wanted to use his name as a big draw.  No facts on that but it seems like something that could have possibly been done to draw more publicity to the Thailand event.  Just my opinion.

Pat

And its also very probable that he could'nt get his piss clean in time, after all Chua has done nothing but complain about the IFBB lack of drug testing so he needs to put up now, Pat dont tell me your as delusional as Musclecenter and think all Asian bodybuilders are natural ::)
Thunderdome approved

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #265 on: August 12, 2009, 01:58:19 PM »
And its also very probable that he could'nt get his piss clean in time, after all Chua has done nothing but complain about the IFBB lack of drug testing so he needs to put up now, Pat dont tell me your as delusional as Musclecenter and think all Asian bodybuilders are natural ::)
No, I'm not that naive but that's something I've just learned to accept and actually at this point I don't really care about that part of it. I'm a bodybuilder.  Even though I'm non competitive I'm still a bodybuilder and if God is willing I'll never stop doing it.  I love the sport and along with that I love the competitions.  Yeah, I wish there was a way to even the playing field but until that time I still appreciate a good competition with top quality and conditioned athletes.  The more competitive the better.  You may be right about Tabrizi not being able to get clean but athletes at his level and with the backing he has, I think it was probably the fact that he never planned to attend.  Hell, has anyone seen anything recent from Tabrizi.  I was surprised as hell when I heard he was scheduled to attend in the first place. Guys like that just don't decide to compete on short notice like that.  It takes them time to get into top condition (not to mention get clean).  Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

Pat

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #266 on: August 12, 2009, 02:00:50 PM »
No, I'm not that naive but that's something I've just learned to accept and actually at this point I don't really care about that part of it. I'm a bodybuilder.  Even though I'm non competitive I'm still a bodybuilder and if God is willing I'll never stop doing it.  I love the sport and along with that I love the competitions.  Yeah, I wish there was a way to even the playing field but until that time I still appreciate a good competition with top quality and conditioned athletes.  The more competitive the better.  You may be right about Tabrizi not being able to get clean but athletes at his level and with the backing he has, I think it was probably the fact that he never planned to attend.  Hell, has anyone seen anything recent from Tabrizi.  I was surprised as hell when I heard he was scheduled to attend in the first place. Guys like that just don't decide to compete on short notice like that.  It takes them time to get into top condition (not to mention get clean).  Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

Pat

Chua and his gang might have offered Ali money to enter, Ali might be better off sticking with the IFBB if he has further ambitions
Thunderdome approved

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #267 on: August 12, 2009, 04:33:34 PM »
Chua and his gang might have offered Ali money to enter, Ali might be better off sticking with the IFBB if he has further ambitions
Sounds almost like something chick would do

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #268 on: August 18, 2009, 12:02:43 PM »

Pat

DEAR PAT. ALI DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE ABBF EVENT, NOT BECAUSE HE WAS INJURED, BUT HE WAS PROMISSED BY RAFAEL THAT HE WILL NOT GET HIS PRO IF HE PARTICIPATE AS WILL AS THE QATAR BB FEDERATION WANT HIM BACK TO QATAR.
IRAN FEDERATION HAS 100S OF ALI TABRIZI, AND AS I SAW THE CHAMPIONSHIP VEDIO, AS WILL AS THE PICTURES, THERE WAS SO MANY NEW FACES, AND THEY WILL BEAT ALI VERY EASY.

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #269 on: August 18, 2009, 12:30:06 PM »
THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES PARTICIPATED IN ABBF CHAMPIONSHIP IN PATTAYA:
1.AFGHANISTAN
2.BANGLADESH
3.BHUTAN
4.BRUNEI
5.CAMBODIA
6.CHINA
7.CHINA HONG KONG
8.CHINA MACAU
9.CHINESE TAIPEI
10.INDIA
11.INDONESIA
12.IRAN
13.IRAQ
14.JORDON
15.KAZAKHSTAN
16.MALYSIA
17.MALDIVES
18.MAYNAMAR
19.NEPAL
20.OMAN
21.PAKISTAN
22.PHILLIPPINES
23.SINGAPORE
24.SYRIA
25.THAILAND
26.TAJIKSTAN
27.UAE
28.VIETNAM
29.YEMEN
30.SAUDI ARABIA

WITH TOTAL OF 270 ATHELETES PARTICIPATED IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.
TEAM CHAMPION: IRAN 1st, UAE 2nd, AND THE HOSTING COUNTRY THAILAND 3rd.

ALL THE ABOVE COUNTRIES RESIGNED FROM THE IFBB, AND JOINED THE NEW WORLD BODYBUILDING PHYSIQUE SPORT FEDERATION ( WBPF ), AND MR. PHILP HOPE - PRESIDENT OF SOUTH PACIFIC, AND IFBB VICE PRESIDENT RESIGNED FROM IFBB AND WILL JOIN THE NEW FEDERATION.
MR. AXEL FRO AUSTRIA WITH 6 COUNTRIES JOINED FROM EUORPE, AND ANOTHER 5 COUNTRIES FROM AFRICA, AND THE 1st CHAMPIONSHIP WILL BE IN DUBAI - UAE FROM 3rd - 8th NOVEMBER 2009.
PLEASE VISIT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: WWW.WBPSF.ORG.

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #270 on: August 18, 2009, 12:47:59 PM »
THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES PARTICIPATED IN ABBF CHAMPIONSHIP IN PATTAYA:
1.AFGHANISTAN
2.BANGLADESH
3.BHUTAN
4.BRUNEI
5.CAMBODIA
6.CHINA
7.CHINA HONG KONG
8.CHINA MACAU
9.CHINESE TAIPEI
10.INDIA
11.INDONESIA
12.IRAN
13.IRAQ
14.JORDON
15.KAZAKHSTAN
16.MALYSIA
17.MALDIVES
18.MAYNAMAR
19.NEPAL
20.OMAN
21.PAKISTAN
22.PHILLIPPINES
23.SINGAPORE
24.SYRIA
25.THAILAND
26.TAJIKSTAN
27.UAE
28.VIETNAM
29.YEMEN
30.SAUDI ARABIA

WITH TOTAL OF 270 ATHELETES PARTICIPATED IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.
TEAM CHAMPION: IRAN 1st, UAE 2nd, AND THE HOSTING COUNTRY THAILAND 3rd.

ALL THE ABOVE COUNTRIES RESIGNED FROM THE IFBB, AND JOINED THE NEW WORLD BODYBUILDING PHYSIQUE SPORT FEDERATION ( WBPF ), AND MR. PHILP HOPE - PRESIDENT OF SOUTH PACIFIC, AND IFBB VICE PRESIDENT RESIGNED FROM IFBB AND WILL JOIN THE NEW FEDERATION.
MR. AXEL FRO AUSTRIA WITH 6 COUNTRIES JOINED FROM EUORPE, AND ANOTHER 5 COUNTRIES FROM AFRICA, AND THE 1st CHAMPIONSHIP WILL BE IN DUBAI - UAE FROM 3rd - 8th NOVEMBER 2009.
PLEASE VISIT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: WWW.WBPSF.ORG.

WEIBK,

Are you sure that Saudi Arabia participated. I didn't recall seeing any Saudi athletes or reading anything about them. I'm familiar with a couple of the Saudi competitors and haven't heard that they were participating in this event.  Thanks for the info anyway.

Pat

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #271 on: August 18, 2009, 08:15:16 PM »
WEIBK,

Are you sure that Saudi Arabia participated. I didn't recall seeing any Saudi athletes or reading anything about them. I'm familiar with a couple of the Saudi competitors and haven't heard that they were participating in this event.  Thanks for the info anyway.

Pat

HI PAT, SAUDI ARABIA DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, BUT THEY GAVE PROXSSY LETTER TO ABBF FOR ANY DECISION WILL BE TAKEN IN THE CONGRESS AND SUPPORT, AND AS I HEARD SAUDI CAN'T TRAVEL TO THAILAND.

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #272 on: August 18, 2009, 09:24:59 PM »
DEAR PAT. ALI DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE ABBF EVENT, NOT BECAUSE HE WAS INJURED, BUT HE WAS PROMISSED BY RAFAEL THAT HE WILL NOT GET HIS PRO IF HE PARTICIPATE AS WILL AS THE QATAR BB FEDERATION WANT HIM BACK TO QATAR.
IRAN FEDERATION HAS 100S OF ALI TABRIZI, AND AS I SAW THE CHAMPIONSHIP VEDIO, AS WILL AS THE PICTURES, THERE WAS SO MANY NEW FACES, AND THEY WILL BEAT ALI VERY EASY.

I would agree that there were a lot of great athletes from Iran … and there were a lot of new faces … but those are new to you … as Iran has around 50atheltes in each weight category every year who try to qualify for an international show …

They can't beat Ali … cause Ali still has very good quality muscle & superior genetics to most of the guys and that is what counts mostly in contest prep ... that is beyond your seeing … even though u r a judge and a n executive member of the federation …

Again Ali is the only guy to win the Overall twice … no one else has done that … nor do I think anyone else will do so anytime soon … by him making a smart choice to get in the pro ranks doesn’t make him bad guy … and doesn’t put him in a situation that he can be beaten  easily as you said … the overall winner looked very good … but not good enough to beat ali at any condition … take a look at his photos from 2001 till now and you will know …

Plus this was the guy who was able to show his best yet pass the drug test … do u think that is an easy task???  other bbers never got tested that is why even when they turned pro they didn’t gain much weight … cause they were loaded all the was to the show … where as ali lost a lot of weight coming to a show cause his aim was to be clean …

You might be bitter about him cause u got a lot of shit from your countryman due to Ali's win … but that doesn’t take anything away from Ali being one of the best if not the best in the history of Amateur bbing …

This is a guy who takes a lot of shit and criticism from people … but isn’t that the case with all the great bbers

If I remember correctly the overall award started in 1995 … and ever since the only guys who won from Asia were Ahemd Haidar 1997 and Ali Tabrizi 2006 & 2008 … and if there wasn’t a problem with Qatar federation at the 2007 World championship ... he would have won that overall as well … I am not taking anyone’s side … I am just stating the facts and how what u said is totally out personal hate

And oh ya … I was about to forget … god is great

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #273 on: August 20, 2009, 05:31:37 AM »
Yesterday the Chairman of the Hong Kong bodybuilding association was arrested by the ICAC in Hong Kong due to corruption and taking US$10000 from a bodybuilder to reduce his suspension for testing positive for drugs at the 2005 ABBF championships, so he could compete in the Doha Asian games in 2006,

http://www.scmp.com/portal/site/SCMP/menuitem.2c913216495213d5df646910cba0a0a0/?vgnextoid=6a8ba1ca55333210VgnVCM100000360a0a0aRCRD&vgnextfmt=teaser&ss=Hong+Kong&s=News
Thunderdome approved

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #274 on: August 20, 2009, 05:43:01 AM »
The ICAC yesterday charged the chairman of a Hong Kong body-building association for his alleged roles in a bribery scam that helped a suspended athlete compete at the 2006 Asian Games in Doha, and in a government subvention fraud.

Simon Chan Siu-man, chairman of the Hong Kong China Bodybuilding and Fitness Association, faces one count of conspiracy for an agent to accept an advantage and one of fraud. Chan, 39, was released on bail and is scheduled to appear in Eastern Court tomorrow morning.

A person familiar with the case said bodybuilder Andy Wong Kwong-sun, who won a gold medal at the Hong Kong championship in June, and Asian Bodybuilding and Fitness Federation general secretary Paul Chua had been under investigation in relation to the case.

The conspiracy charge alleges that between May 2006 and February 2007, Chan conspired together with Mr Chua and Mr Wong for Mr Chua to accept US$10,000 from Mr Wong.

In return, Mr Chua was said to have shortened or lifted the period of suspension from participation in any bodybuilding competition imposed on Mr Wong, and enabled him to participate in Doha in December 2006.

The Independent Commission Against Corruption found that Mr Wong was banned from any bodybuilding competition for two years after failing a doping test in October 2005 at the Asian Championships in South Korea.

Two other Hong Kong bodybuilders, Chan Yun-to and Marco Lam Man-shing, were also found guilty of doping violations at those championships, according to the International Bodybuilding Federation.

The three bodybuilders should have served two-year bans, until October 2007, before being able to represent Hong Kong again in international competition. However they all competed in Doha. Mr Chan won a gold medal in the men's under-75kg category, while Mr Lam was a bronze medallist in the under-90 kg category. Mr Wong finished 10th in the under-65kg category.

The fraud charge alleges that between the end of 2007 and May 15, 2008, Simon Chan falsely represented in the annual returns of his association for the financial year ended March 31, 2007, that the statement of programmes subvented by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department was correct and the spending listed in the accounts was genuine.

Chan allegedly induced the department to accept the annual return submitted as genuine and not to demand the return of more than HK$250,000 in subvention.

In July, the chairman of the Hong Kong East Asian Games Planning Committee, Timothy Fok Tsun-ting, confirmed that the bodybuilding competition at the Games in October had been cancelled.
Thunderdome approved